It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieutenant Colonel : Bush has committed Treason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"I will not stand by and watch an appointed president send our sons and daughters around the world to kill terrorists for the oil companies,"

Robert Bowman said. The retired lieutenant colonel spoke in front of a group of about 50 people Thursday evening at Stotler Lounge in MU’s Memorial Union...

"Let those of us not called upon to fight in this war give our troops what they deserve, the thanks of a grateful people and the promise that we will never again allow our representatives in Congress to issue a president a blank check to conduct an unnecessary, illegal, and unconstitutional war,"
Bowman said.
"It is time for George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and the whole political mafia to be removed from office and indicted with treason"

Bowman told the audience that the biggest threat to the American way of life comes from within the country. He said instead of the battle lines being overseas, they were right here at home.

“The war protesters are the shock troops gathering to preserve our freedoms by exercising those freedoms in spite of obvious objections.”

Article

While I endorse the Colonel's sentiment, I fear that his observation over the true domestic battle lines is prophetic, in it's logical extention. If a complicit media keeps these sentiments out of the mainstream, how are the "shock troops" he mentions going to be nourished by the succor that righteous warriors like the Colonel proffer?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So? And, because he is a retired LTC, his word is more important than someone else's?
My mayor is a retired Full Bird, and I assure you, he is as bright as some of those rocks I painted as a young soldier.

I love these people who think that they are supposed to be held in higher esteem, simply because they wore an officer's rank.

A LTC? Sheesh; they are a dime a dozen, and I assure you, I know more about Bush being guilty of treason.

By the way, Bush is guilty of treason!
But so was Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush....etc.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
BT, do you see where these politically-motivated morons lose their credibility (As if someone standing on LTC rank for attention has any)?
Bush is an "appointed" president?
The political slugfest is down the hallway and to the left.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Following the Herman Goerring model, pundits will just label this guy as an unpatriotic terrorist lover.

Move along, citizen.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
How exactly did bush commit treason, you never did explain that part. He didnt do any worse than hanoi john aka john kerry. He showed not only cowardice by self inflicting his wounds but he commited treason by negotiating with north vietnamese, a job he had no right to to try.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm with TC on one point...

How the hell do you expect to be considered an expert in something, and expect your word to be taken seriously in an unbiased fashion when you begin your statement complaining about the "appointed president".

In my opinion that start of his statement botched his entire point. Coming from someone who did not appear to have his mind clearly made up beforehand would have given this a lot more weight. Having yet another Bush Sucks statement from yet another person from the "He's not the real President" camp just isn't much of an addition.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thomas - I'd bet my dog's left four teets that he's a Republican, so the politically motivated disclaimer doesn't wash....considering that there've been enough Rear Admirals & Generals to choke the local VFW hall who have said about the same thing.
Just because the colusion in the illusion that there are two parties had the Donkey one not chase it down, does not mean Bush was not appointed.

As for what's a treasonable offense........well, that's toooo easy!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't make that bet, BT, there are many dopey officers. Remember, they are brainwashed in college like the rest of us. Besides, he still has political reasons for this media grabbing attempt!

Bush was not appointed, he was elected. The way one might consider him "appointed" is to suggest that we were given an even bigger dolt as an alternative.
Hmmm, I have to admit; he was appointed.

How could he be a treasonist? Let's see, he is supposed to protect the country and the constitution, right? He's doing neither, but, as with the other presidents in the past, he's working for those who hold the IOU's the defacto government has created.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
BT

Robert Bowman's audience of 50 has expanded further to 30,000+ with your timely post. Some of that new audience is even functionally literate. Bowman's word carries as much clout as the next retired Lieutenant-Colonel's, and more than that of any denial merchant.

The grounds for treason charges are many, and often discussed at ATS. Richard Nixon resigned in disgrace for lesser abuses of intelligence services, and no previous administration has led an illegal foreign incursion based on such a litany of lies as what Bush's criminal gang has orchestrated.

I have only one complaint about your post. You seem to have upset Super Moderator Thomas Crowne, who posted twice in a row and ended by saying he wanted to sweep this under the rug down the hallway. But viewing things in a more reasonable light even Thomas Crowne cannot scurry the dust and muck and rotten smell of Bush away.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm more a fan of the Criminal Negligence & Willful Misleading line. Though, for parlimentary procedure sake, he'd be Impeached for these things first & foremost, then the Treason charges would come as the onion is peeled.

top topics

join