It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are there tv shows for kids that point to things like paranormal phenominum and mythical creatur

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
not haveing a life lately due to an auto accident i find myself watching a great deal of tv. i have noticed that there are kids programs that seem to try to point out that paranormal activity as well as creatures like nessi are pure bunk. i have watched a couple here and ther, and have noticd a underlieing theam. that is they try to "investigate" in a serious manor and then at the end "proove" that it i not real. either by saying that they are hoaxes, mistakes or misconceptions. this is just like shows produced for adults that seemingly follow a simmilr structure.

WHY? why is there aparently the need to make it seem as though anyone who believes in uch things is a moron or a dupe? are the powers that be somehow threateed by the possibilities that these things exst? other wise why expend all the effort and finances to do this? in short they basicaly poke fun at these very real scientific studies. it seems that more and more that there is a concerted effort to "proove" that these are not real. why is it becomeing more necisary to do this?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just what shows are you referring too?

I am disabled/homebound and do nothing BUT TV, yet I see the opposite of what you claim?

Misfit

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
unfortunately i do not have a tv guide and missed the titles. i was channel surfing when it came on and as there was nothing better to wach i watched it.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well can you give some examples as to what happened on some shows that brought you to your conclusion?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
well in today's show i watched. they looked into both shadow people and frankinstein. in both cases they first aproch the subjects as if they ar intwerestd in finding the truth. ok the frankinstein thing dos actualy hav som factual things about it. ther was a "dr frankinstein" and he was aparently looking into the "elier of life" aparntly. i actualy found that a bit interesting. but then they talk to a "scientist and h "proves" that such a thing as the frankinstein monster is ridiculas and impossible.

with the shadow people they even interview a witness and sm to take her side. then yet again they go to a couple people one an eye doctor who explains that it is just an optical illusion. then they go on to eplain and show how it is only peoples minds that are tricked into thinking that these things are real. and seem to ridicule them. they even point out that a suposid picture is only an accident by a malfunctioning camera. then they go on to show how you can trick someone into thinking that they see something that isn't real. thus fiing it in the minds that there is no reality to what people "think" that they have seen and give another trick to tease people with. all in all the endings realy ridicule the ideas that such things are more then our perceptions being fooled.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I bet your talking about those anime kids shows. Like Pokemon. Well everyone is atracted to violence, and kids are no different. The kids know the difference between reality and fiction but they like watching how the violence plays out so long as its not too real. But since there is a rating system and no sane network will put on Macgyver for kids they dress it up in crazy creatures, cartoons, superpowers and so on. This way they get the most ratings. A perfect example would be the Ninja Turtles. Human-reptile hybrids defeating hundreds of evil geniuses

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
no these are not cartoons. they are live acton shows, that act like they are sciance shows. no violance at all. they pretend to be seriou about looking into these types of things and then tend to ridicule the very idea that these things may be valid. by teaming one phonominum with one that most would scoff at to begine with it makes ridiculeing the oter that much easyer.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Maybe it will be easier if you just tell us the name of the show

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
if i could think of the name i would tell it. this seems to be a bit of a side effect of my car accident. i can't recall some info propperly anymore.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thats a shame drogo.

Good posts

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hi drogo......

What better way to get children to beleive in lies.......or maybe brainwash the young through tv .....which works the best...since tv has become the 'babysitter' of the century....actual images displayed for all.....

What im trying to say is that children are fascinated with the paranormal..although they are scared, they will still stare at the tv/like being paralized ......which in fact will become the norm and be accepted as truth...whatever is shown on tv will be readily accepted....this is very unfortunate but also very real.

The paranormal is also asociated with occult practice......and the occult leads to seeking knowledge of who knows what.....(speaking of own experience)
Who does this?
Forerunners of the Antichrist....
The coming of the Antichrist being accepted by many as the messiah....

Children are fascinated with pictures........the pictures have an ''image'' that will forever be Imprinted into their minds.....without such pictures a child cannot visualize what is in front of them or what the meaning actually means.....
There are also good and bad images......one that brings God to mind and of heavenly things......the other does the exact opposite.

I.X
helen

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo

WHY? why is there aparently the need to make it seem as though anyone who believes in uch things is a moron or a dupe?

are the powers that be somehow threateed by the possibilities that these things exst? other wise why expend all the effort and finances to do this? in short they basicaly poke fun at these very real scientific studies. it seems that more and more that there is a concerted effort to "proove" that these are not real. why is it becomeing more necisary to do this?

Because, underneath that 'veneer' of the show being 'scientific Truth'

there is the real purpose of 'conditioning' those 'inquiring minds'
-it is the creating of a mass-mind, it is the planting of acceptable mental frameworks...
it is in the process of forming popular-culture, and consensus thought.

you have noticed? the 'show' has a lure or bait (that days' topic)
the attracted customer is presented with apparent evidence & then
the engrossed viewer is given layers of reasoning to 'prove' the desired 'conclusion'.

in the end.........your being conditioned to TRUST the sponser
in the long run, that TRUST, will be used to sell you stuff which that
TRUSTED sponser tells you that you Need, Want, Desire.

[[...because, as was proved in show #K8421mx (for example)
that mental telepathy does not work...]]
BUT, (our Sponsor's) Latest Model Cell-Phone does work,
Guaranteed!! Sign-Up Today!! Be the Mover&Shaker in your circle!!

==well, anyhow, something like that---i'm not saying they're evil
or corrupt or lying in their program of conditioning 'consumers'...
i'm just trying to point out that there is a 'under-the-radar' scheme
being played on you, us== fore warned is fore armed, eh?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Actually, the programs you are describing sound like the ones on Discovery Kids (Disney owned) and are Truth or Scare (with Michelle Trachenburg from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Mystery Hunters (the two kids that "research" mysterious creatures or events).

I agree, they are way too intent on debunking every "myth" Although I have seen a couple where they do give some credence to events and I particularly liked the episode where they researched King Tut's possible murder.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That Pokemon crap is Japanese mind control!!! I asked my nephew why he likes Pokemon so much and you know what he answers..........."I don't know"! He doesn't know but his whole room is like a Pokemon freakfest. I don't know exactly what Pokemon's programming in to kids' minds, but whatever it is it's working.

Besides......the animation is pathetic!!

Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
hey drogo, get well...

as the parent of a 4 year old, i pay attention to this stuff, and I'm always monitoring her for her take on the show. She only watches about 1.5 hours of tv a day, spongebob, fairly odd parents and sesame street. She of course see other things, and I try to expose her to my favorites, crocodile hunter, godzilla, sports, LOTR....

IMHO, there is no mind control going on. heve you ever seen the credits on an animated show ? its like 100 people per show. I'm not convinced they are ALL "in on it".

FYI - frakenstein is pure fiction, written by mary shelley. Its a novel. fiction.
nessy is a theory at best, noone can explain the breeding population problem, and shadow people ? please. internet hoax written all over it.

maybe they simply realize all these ideas are theories at best, and its best to report them that way

are you suggesting TV should be reporting the average ATS topic (prince charles is a shapeshifting lizard, the moon landing never happened, the matrix is real etc) as reality or fact ?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Actually when it comes to tv and movies its all about knowing your audience.

The simple fact is kids would rather watch a show about monsters and aliens and adventure than a show about lawyers working in boston or a hard boiled cop who's a recovering alcoholic on the NYPD.

I couldn't get my little cousins to see Kingdom of Heaven until I promised them a big screen blood bath and a dude with lepracy...couldn't keep them out of the theatre after I told them that.

Kids want to believe in monsters and witches and the tooth fairy and santa claus and the boogey man.

You can't sell a show about accountants to Nickelodean. What you call the debunking shows are more about teaching kids logic. I was told all my life aliens don't exist, yet as an adult I still believe that somewhere out there, there are extraterrestrials.

These shows will not stop a child from believing and are actually the minority compared to the scripted fantasy out there for kids.

SPiderj

[edit on 6/7/2005 by Spiderj]

[edit on 6/7/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The government are trying to stamp the truth out of us froman early age. We have the right to know, we live on planet earth as well!

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If you want to watch a show meant for kids where the paranormal (including ghosts, demons, angels, and aliens) exist side-by-side with the world we're accustomed to thinking of, check out Teen Titans on Cartoon Network. You'll be surprised!

On an even more mature level, if you want to watch a show meant for teens & college students where the paranormal (including ghosts, demons, angels, and aliens) exist side-by-side with the world we're accustomed to thinking of, check out Justice League on Cartoon Network. You'll be more than surprised -- you'll be shocked!

wf.toonzone.net...

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

maybe they simply realize all these ideas are theories at best, and its best to report them that way

Most of the "science" taught to kids is theories, that's all, a theory of this, sometimes it's prooved and sometimes not. The strange thing though is if you look back a scientist wants to find something and he does and prooves it, then about 50 to a 100 years later another scientist reads about it then prooves something totally contrary to the original experiment and so it goes on.

So if you are looking for manipulation, brainwashing and indoctorisation, you should look at the school system. 1 + 1 may equal two but then again 1 has been prooved to equal 2 or any number for that matter. Now people go on how the paranormal can't be prooved and thus it's not possible when they have prooved their own system wrong.

I know this was off topic, but it sort of relates to the quoted piece of the post

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If it wasn't for that meddling drogo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join