It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compilation: Some of the best UFO Cases (or the Classics)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyCret
No one's mentioned the Aurora incident from 1898

The Aurora incident is from 1897, not 1898. (The relevant crash/hoax was reported in the Dallas Morning News on 19th April 1897).

In case you are interested, this incident is Case 51 in my "Top 100 UFO Cases - Revealed!" article, which indicates the top UFO cases based on frequency of discussion in a sample of approximately 960 UFO books. The relevant entry includes a few links, including to a thread on ATS which discusses this incident.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The 1954 flying saucer invasion of Florence zone, ITaly, is one of the most important ufo case of the history. An important soccer match was suspended because of flying disk!
Newspapers said that it was like a exrtraterrestrial fleet showed on the city

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
One of my favorites was the battleship and found the footage with the story behind it

[edit on 9-7-2008 by smason202]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
That's a very good compilation.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Great post~I think the Fatima incident in Portugal is a very interesting one,according to this 1969 U.S. Government Rand report:
stinet.dtic.mil...

A recent example is the repeated appearance of a typical UFO phenomenology at Fatima,Portugal on six succesive months in 1917.
The October 13th phenomenon was the best reported and was witnessed by a crowd of about 70,000 persons,including a number of scientists,reporters,atheists and agnostics as well as faithfull catholics.
One of the scientifically curious was Dr A. Garrett of the University of Coimbra.
Rain which had been falling that day ceased and the crowd looked up to see the 'sun' now visible through the heavy clouds.
Professor Garrett wrote
"I turned towards this (sun) which was attracting all eyes and could see it was like a disc with a clear cut edge,with a vivd rim,luminous and shining but without hurting one.
The comparison I have heard at Fatima with a disc of dull silver does not seem to me exact.It was a clear,more vivid richer colour and with shifting tints like the lustre of pearl.
It was not at all like the moon on a clear transparent night for one saw and felt it like a living star.
Nor was it spherical like the moon,nor did it have the same quality of lighter and less light.
It looked like a burnished wheel cut out of mother of pearl.
Nor could it be confused with the sun seen through a fog...there was no fog.
This disc spun dizzly round.It was not the twinkiling of a star,it whirled round upon itslef with mad rapidity

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks allot for this post, as a new posting member here this is really a great find for me..cant wait to see all the treasure troves of info I will find at ATS.
Thanks again!
LoraB

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This isnt a sighting but its some good info by Me

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dont forget after you reply to that to look at

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
How about this strange event.

NORTHBROOK, ILLINOIS, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 04, 2008, 21:20 HRS. (LOCAL)

A young woman was driving at 40-45 mph along Lake Cook Road, when her car suddenly lurched to the right for no reason that was apparent to her. There were no cars within sight on the road, and she had not seen any pedestrian or animal near the car. She stopped her car immediately, got out, and apparently was flabbergasted by the appearance of the left side of her automobile.

The investigating police officer could not provide an adequate explanation for the damage. He noted that there was no damaged paint, and no animal hair, feathers, or blood, evident on the damaged area of the car. NUFORC has passed the case along to Mr. Sam Maranto, Illinois State Director for the Mutual UFO Network (“MUFON”), for follow-up investigation.

Check out the pics below this report.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Thanks for posting this, this is certainly very, very strange. Her car looked like this:

www.nuforc.org...

The whole side of the car looks almost as if the metal was melted..? What could have caused this?!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
tell the aliens through satellite communication that we seek war... they will respond immediately

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
thanks for the links
check out this one

members.tripod.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have also created a website to organize the best cases and in addition to the best UFO cases I have included many links to related scientific articles. This can be found here I hope it helps those of you who are interested.

If you have any suggestions about other cases that I should add I have discussed this on this string. Thanks

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hey, don't forget the awesome Sonora-Sightings, some of which were videotaped by our very own Johnny Anonymous!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Is the dr jonathan reed alien encounter among these top 100 cases because if it is not then it should be. on youtube check chronikboys account. he has tons of stuff on reed and the alien encounter he had.
truly incredible.
never debunked. only lied on to make people who are gullible and weak think its not real when it is. kudos.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The Jonathan Rutter case should be number 1 in the hoax list.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It's always nice to go over old ground, particularly Roswell, but personally, I think we have gleaned the best from the available information and there's really not too much more to be had.

We should never forget Roswell and Rendlesham Forest, amongst others because they are some of the most high profile cases in history but, I think we need to move on.

It is always good to watch videos and chat with like minded people because it helps to retain one's interest in ufology. I just think that 'we' need to get out there more, start putting in the hours and bringing in new footage!!

I would like an honest answer from any person who reads this post....

Do you commit quality time to sky watching? By that I mean...Do you leave the distractions of your home, family, television, games console and pc etc to carry out some serious studies of the sky? Do you leave your town or city to escape light pollution so that you can actually see the sky in order to study it?

Be honest, with yourself if no-one else!

ATS is a serious UFO investigation group and you are a part of it. We are here to discover the real truth about UFOs and I believe we will have success only by putting in the work. It doesn't matter what you think of the Roswell incident...there is no absolute proof. Whilst we are discussing things that may or may not have happened all those years ago, we are probably missing things that are happening now. Whilst you've been reading my post a triangle may have flown low over your house. You won't know if you're not out there watching.

A little food for thought..........

MH

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What about Frederick Valentich?

One of the strangest and most publicized abduction cases in history.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Great post

A 'just as freaky' case occured two years later near Puerto Rico.

Jose Santos disappearance:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
How about the UFO sighting over O'Hare Airport in 2007?

/2exy4h

/y76c4m

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

video.google.com...

One of the more interesting sightings in the last ten years...and it just reeks of the old "Swept Under The Rug" Syndrome.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join