It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Dumping Goods on N America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So North Americans, China's built the biggest Container Ship "Orient Express" to bring their goods to North America and after being given "MFN" (Most Favored Nation) status by Canada and USA it comes into our Countries DutyFree or Minimal Duty.

So, as a result Canada and the U.S.A., cannot compete and our own factories shut down.
And outlets eg WalMart sell China's goods at a very reasonable price but people are out of work and continue to lose more jobs.

We need a "Buy American" "Buy Canadian" slogan put out there to at least the upper class people and families who can afford to pay more for goods made in their own Countries -YES??

Cause that will be the beginning of putting both Americans and Canadians back to work..perhaps an epidemic will happen..

Dallas

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I guess if I had to sum up my political beliefs in one statement, I would say that I am a Radical Isolationist Hippie, therefore, I agree with this post to an extent. We need to start worrying about the damned pot holes in our roads, before we spend our money putting potholes in someone else's roads. For the cost of just one Nuclear Aircraft Carrier, we could send every kid in high school right now through four years of college at a decent school. That statistic alone is disgusting to me, especially considering we generally have at least one Carrier sitting around in dry dock at any given time. Just imagine how the world could be if people could leave each other alone. You want their oil, wirte them a check like everybody else does.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What does this have to do with Ancient & Lost Civilizations?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well Ann, and by the wy I respect your views on NT and read your book- though the Pie thing you didn't deserve.
Ancient and Lost Civilizations - kinda-fitting in a way.

Respectfully
Dallas

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I agree .....this country is overrun with cheap crap from China. I would rather pay more and get quality.....plus buying american made supports the companies that support americans

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Look Why would anybody set up a factory in the USA or elsewhere when they can pay people three cents an hour in China?

In truth few people will pay more for quality they would rather pay less at the counter and besides I doubt quality would improve much even if junk wasnt made in china because people are out to make money not quality products.

Some Americans love to brag about how good the freemarket econmy is and spurt anti europen garbage and in the next minute there a bunch of cry babies.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by xpert11]

new topics

top topics

join