It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation: Jesus' DNA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My point is this - how can you say that you are a Monotheist & that you only believe that there is "ONE GOD" & then go and say that the "God" of Jews, the "God" of Christians & the "God" of Moslems are
"Different Gods" - so don't you meant that there are at least Three God's or more instead of just one?

I do believe that there is Ultimately One Universal GOD but that Individuals (such as yourself)
Attach Personal Characteristics onto their Image of "GOD" as to make it "My Personal Christian God - the only One True God". This is a Delusional Phallacy!

Wow the sound of REASON sure does Sting doesn't it!

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Considering that my post is the last to address you within the better part of a week, I presume it is to me whom you address your post

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
My point is this - how can you say that you are a Monotheist & that you only believe that there is "ONE GOD" & then go and say that the "God" of Jews, the "God" of Christians & the "God" of Moslems are
"Different Gods" - so don't you meant that there are at least Three God's or more instead of just one?
Because I am not boxed in by the Biblical belief upon which you obviously rest your case. It is obvious that you think monotheism lies squarely on Biblical text. I do not subscribe to your closed-minded point of view.

I do believe that there is Ultimately One Universal GOD but that Individuals (such as yourself)
Attach Personal Characteristics onto their Image of "GOD" as to make it "My Personal Christian God - the only One True God". This is a Delusional Phallacy!
Yet your one universal God is defined by others for you. Refer my statement above and study same to understand.

Wow the sound of REASON sure does Sting doesn't it!
if you refer to your reasoning then self-flattery is obviously what you need in life to maintain your sense of self-worth.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Greetings,

Originally posted by vergaentuboca
Also, his name was not Jesus Christ but Yoshua Ben Yosef.

Actually,
There is no evidence of this Yoshua Ben Yosef.

The name, and very existence of this Yoshua Ben Yosef is speculation based on the much later legends found in the Gospels.

The Romans changed it to Jesus Christ because

No, they didn't CHANGE anything.
The FIRST references are in Paul who uses the GREEK name "Iesous Christos."

All the other earliest Christians use this GREEK name "Iesous Christos."

The later Roman writers who mention the name use the GREEK names "Christos" or "Iesous" or both.

There are NO early writings that mention any "Yoshua Ben Yosef" or any Jesus of Nazareth - neither Jewish, Christian nor Roman.

There is no contemporary evidence of any such person.

Later, people claimed that he must have existed with that name, based on the myths of the Gospels.

i think it means "the annointed one".

Christos literally means anointed in the sense of "oiled".
To Greek-educated ears, the "Christians" sounded something like "The Oiled".

To be oiled or anointed has connotations of being chosen or being a special saviour - the Jewish Mashiach or the English Messiah.

Iesous to Greek ears would sound something like "the Healer" - compare with Greek god of healing "Iaso" and the mythical figure "Iasius".

The greek figure IASIUS is interesting in this context -
* son of God
* born of a virgin
* brought religious knowledge to humankind
* died tragically
* rose again to heaven

Iasius - Iesous

Just tryin to stop the ignorance here.

Oh,
is THAT what you thought you were doing :-)

Iasion

[edit on 14-6-2005 by Iasion]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Quote: "Because I am not boxed in by the Biblical belief upon which you obviously rest your case... your One Universal God is defined by others for you."

"Obviously" huh - How dare you! You don't know me! You dare you jump to conclusions about what I Believe! I simply use the Bible as a TOOL - because it Exists! I don't Follow or Interpret it LITERALLY! Obviously you have not been pondering the content my posts!

What I have been TRYING to say is that if a Universal God does in-fact Exist -that it is BEYOND any attempt to Personalize it or put it into a Box - as Humanity has been trying & Failing to do for many Millennia now!

You are doing the same thing with your "Personal God" only yours apparently doesn't rest on Biblical Texts!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente"Obviously" huh - How dare you! You don't know me! You dare you jump to conclusions about what I Believe! I simply use the Bible as a TOOL - because it Exists! I don't Follow or Interpret it LITERALLY! Obviously you have not been pondering the content my posts!
I dare because I have no aversion to telling you as it is. And I don't need to know you to understand your words. And no, I do not ponder the contents of your posts, I ponder well presented, thought out, insightful and provocative arguments.

What I have been TRYING to say is that if a Universal God does in-fact Exist -that it is BEYOND any attempt to Personalize it or put it into a Box - as Humanity has been trying & Failing to do for many Millennia now!
Then be consistent with that rather than reactionary simply because you take umbrage to another's words. Argue for and defend that which you believe is the higher purpose, rather than raise trite little challenges simply because you want to step into the ring. For you see, you and I are in agreement with the personalization of God, if in fact your position is honest, however, I doubt we are in agreement as to where personalization ends.

You are doing the same thing with your "Personal God" only yours apparently doesn't rest on Biblical Texts!
Refer my last 12 words above, and my statement made in an earlier post. Your personalization rests with believing that The God of The Bible, is 'The God.' Hence, you are not through de-personalizing yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Quote: "Your personalization rests with believing that The God of The Bible, is 'The God.'"

How can you say this? Did I say anything of the Sort? Are you just Speculating based on my Posts? You are making Assumptions about me & I don't Appreciate it! What if I told you that I was in-fact a Buddhist! Then your above argument would look pretty silly wouldn't it!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_SerpenteHow can you say this? Did I say anything of the Sort? Are you just Speculating based on my Posts? You are making Assumptions about me & I don't Appreciate it! What if I told you that I was in-fact a Buddhist! Then your above argument would look pretty silly wouldn't it!
In so many words, yes you did:

and

how can you say that you are a Monotheist & that you only believe that there is "ONE GOD" & then go and say that the "God" of Jews, the "God" of Christians & the "God" of Moslems are

It is obvious given your representation of ‘my God’ to biblical text; your yardstick. And secondly, your obvious confusion that monotheism rests solely with the believers of each of the Abrahamic gods, for obviously if you do not hold that belief you would have asked the question.

And no, I do not believe there are at least three Gods, I believe there is only one God. Write with clarity, for what you mean to ask is: so aren't you saying that as far as the Jews, Muslims and Christians are concerned there are at least three God's and not one?

The answer to that would be yes, but teh number is nine, not three. You have read enough of my posts by now to at least have acquired that insight. If your recall fails you, then take advantage of the ability to review my previous posts.

Any other questions?

If you do not wish to be shown as using The Bible as your belief base, then stop trying to use same as a means of comparison, and apply yourself. Only then will you begin to grasp what I have spent countless months expressing.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Quote: "And secondly, your obvious confusion that Monotheism rests solely with the believers of each of the Abrahamic gods "obviously"

And no, I do not believe there are at least three Gods, I believe there is only one God. Write with clarity..."

OK Somewhereinbetween - You got me!

May I ask what is the Non-Abrahamic Monotheistic Religion that you Practice? Or is it simply just a
Personal Belief in "God" with no Dogma attached?

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join