It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grenade was live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Cnn has just reported that a gernade tossed at George W. Bush on a visit to Georgia was indeed live! The Gerogian Official's originally told us that the gernade was a dummy but the FBI and the Georgians have now confirmed it was live.

The gernade[sic] did not ignire due to a mechanical failure!!

Im not sure if im happy about this or dissapointed

EDIT:
LINK TO STORY
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 5/19/2005 by AndrewTB]

[edit on 5/19/2005 by AndrewTB]
[edit all caps - nygdan]

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Is there a news report or briefing that claims the grenade was “live”? If so could you provide the link? Thanks bud…

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I always forget my links. Here it is.

www.cnn.com...

Hop that covers it.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think that originally the Georgians stated that it was a functioning grendade, but an engineering one, not a military one, and is of the type that doesn't produce shrapnel, which, apparently, is the dangerous part of a grenade. Between that and the fact the Bush and Sahasilki (or whatever) were behind protective screens, they stated that there was never any danger. The FBI or somesuch is stating that it was infact a military grenade and that the two leaders were very much in danger. They also noted that there are now reports that people were seen going around the metal detectors, ie not screened, at the rally. They noted that the device was wrapped in cloth, 100 feet from the leaders, and was a big danger to the people in the crowd.

More people in the crowd would've died, i suppose, than damage done to either leader.

Also, recall that there was an assembly of Chechnyans outside the rally, and that they operate terrorist bases there (sort of like vietnam and cambodia).

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So, George dead, we invade whoever, kill more civillians, and then what? Oh well, bored, to bad the grenade was a dud.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
So, George dead, we invade whoever, kill more civillians, and then what? Oh well, bored, to bad the grenade was a dud.

Yes I agree. TO bad the gernade didnt go off. Lucky bastard.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hey, I got a 20point warn for a one line response, but it is clearly 2! Oh well, only 20 points.

So, who here wish the grenade went off?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I got a 50 point warn. Saying I stole this post :O! Only I have the bad grammar to make a post this original. Whichever mod is in charge of this please re-review what I posted. This is pretty dissapointing.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Andrew, please check your u2u. Sorry, I hit the wrong button.

But guys, these conversations should be in u2u, rather than in posts. 'k?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If the grenade had gone off and bush and Sakasviklilikilikil (who knew there were Hawaiins in Georgia?) were dead, it would be world war three, old school nuclear style. The Russians are in georgia, anti-western, anti-Rose revolution, the Ukrainians would go on nuclear alert, the chechnyans would explode, and President Cheney and Vice President Wolfowitz would institute a draft and invade all of Asia. The war would be so horrendous that, if there was still such a thing as history books afterwards, they'd be unable to even notice the "Iraq Skirmish".

Even if you absoltely hate bush, you have to pray (well,not literally) that he's not assasinated.

top topics

join