It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some suggestions for an RPG campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm gonna start running a Modern campaign in a while, and I'm gonna run it as a sort of conspiracy thriller. I'd like suggestions for possible groups and their agendas, based in as much "reality" (
) as you see fit. I'd like to keep the paranormal/otherworldy aspect of this to medium-low, around the level of the X-Files (and not, say, Buffy).

Post anything you want, from oil tycoons to alen disclosure or some sort of Indiana Jones-esque agency that hides religious and magical artifacts. Just something to get my creative juices flowing.

Thanks in advance

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
How about...... A massive conglomerate, that does everything from bioweapons to satellites, and banking to oil. You know, one of those big faceless corporations.

You can say that they have next generation weapons tech and are selling it to international terrorists, and it is their sole aim to be as powerful as possible, through manipulating politicians, terrorist groups, and international criminal organisations.

Hope this helps

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
How about a governmental party which has almost total control over the media and uses spin and propaganda to be able to lie, flip flop, and subvert justice at every bend, and the general public can't or refuses to see it.

Kind of like Spiderman, but the opposite. Instead of being loathed, he's loved by the masses even though he's a very, very bad man, and anyone who doesn't love him is demonized by the cronies who support the spidey.

Hmm...Maybe that scenario is a little too real...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Have the group be members of the "OMEGA" orginization that was hinted at in the movie "True lies". Most often they go under the guise of US marshel, yet they are so black only the president gets to know about them.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Google for 'conspiracy x' which is probably exactly what you are looking for.

Very good RPG.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
to start with you might considder useing the shadow run systom. it lends it's self realy well to conspericy. (will need lots of d-6's though.)

it is based in the future and alows for magic and cybernetic limb replacement. within the standard rules the earth is prety much run by corperations, there is a universal id/money systom in place (shadow runners typicaly are illigal citizens ie: no propper id).it is produced by i think the fasa corperation.. it also has some way cool weapons. but like i said the whole point of the game ends up being a conspiricy. take a look at it . i am sure that you can tailer it to your exact wants if you like.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
GURPS is probly the best system for a skill based game. Fung shui for cinematic action. Shadow run is okay as long as you stay away from muchkin magnetic magic. Better to use cyperpunk IMHO.

Honestly tho the system should be up to the GM and the players and what they prefer and enjoy to use.

top topics

join