It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When technology surpasses our humanity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The government is at a new dawn in technology. Sme philosophers and great thinkers (such as einstein) believe that when our technology surpasses our humanity, our world as we know it will end. No longer free creatures, we are now doomed to be slaves to machines. Constantly getting retinal scans, recieving upon birth an ID# in the form of a microchip. Some of these technologies are in the advanced development and testing phase in the states of Florida (Orlando) and in Illionois. There have been microchipping programs started in several countries.

The new National ID system may be a combination of all of these technologies. And I picture our future as something like the movie "Minority Report," basically you will not be able to go anywhere without breing recognized and pinpointed by the massive computer system. Are we building a global web of surveilence and tracking, and what will happen to our privacy?

www.dss.state.ct.us...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.spychips.com...

news.com.com...

www.epic.org...

More importantly how will the government achieve the goal of the national ID system. Will it take another "pearl hrarbor" like tragedy, to make us see it? How will they use our emotions and thought processes against us?

The symbols on the new ID card are ominous. Confirming suspicion for most that the "novus ordo seclorum" (new secular order, new order for the ages, NWO) is finishiing its plans. The pyramid with the all seeing eye at the top. Are we at the dawn of a completely new era? Do we have much time left?

My prediction is definitely, No.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
For thousands of years, people have been sceptical of new technology. When trains were invented, people said that going faster than 50 MPH would cause the human body to explode. So far, no one has exploded on a train.....

Humanity is ultimatly stronger than technology, we have proved that. Despite the problems of society, we have managed to save ourselves from destruction. UM..........if your afraid of the National ID, then dont get one. In reality, if the government says you need to get one, then you should. YOu need a drivers license and SSN card, so its not unresonable to think the Governemtn can issue an ID card as well.

Besides, you only need to whine and cry about your privacy if you are violating the law. Law abiding people usually dont worry about such things.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What I get from that spychips source, is that the government isn't the one doing the spying, its big brand companies? I'm a bit confused and wonder how they make these things 'smaller than a grain of sand'. And on top of that, something so small would seem expensive, and makes me ask, aren't they losing money by putting these devices in their razors, and exactly what purpose are they serving? Because it says it can only send signals up to 30 feet, so what exactly is their purpose when put inside razors?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
They can engineer chips, atom by atom, creating the smallest silicon chips ever. Nanotechnology is closer than ever to becomming the new technology of the ages. And mastery of the atom, and of matter, is the next step in our technological evolution.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Technology surpassed our humanity with the nuclear bomb. From that day till now and into the future.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
so what exactly is their purpose when put inside razors?

By putting these inside razors they can track the inventory in the store. The stock can be tracked from the moment it comes in the back door, to the moment it leaves the front door.

This may be the end of cashier jobs and inventory type jobs. Imagine filling your cart and just walking past a scanner and the whole cart is totaled up at once. Then your store credit cart is scanned without you even pulling out your wallet and your account is debited. You bag your own stuff, and leave the store.

My fear is that marketing companies will drive past your house and be able to scan and track every product you have in your house.

Your privacy is now only an illusion.
My picture is taken at the bank as I use the ATM. As I walk to the store my picture is taken by the police with all the cameras they have around the downtown core. As I walk into the liquor store the security camera takes my picture. Then I pull my Air Miles card to collect a few points and they know what I've purchase as well as where and when. Then I hop in the car and head out on the highway and my picture is taken so they can send me a bill for the toll.

This goes on and on........ The very fact that you have a computer in your home has opened up all your interests to your ISP and anyone else that can access your traffic.

Privacy was lost years ago, and unless you live in a cave and stop using plastic money and electronics you will never get it back.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
RFID tags have their limitations. Most can only be read from a short distance. For more information on RFID technology, check out my research project.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well I don't think anything or anything can be a slave if they don't think themselves as one or accept it....

For instance, the bar codes are supposed to an enslavement, or was supposed to be, but a few years ago (when i was a teen) I stole a book by ripping the bar code off the back page and leaving it on the shelf so the beeper didnt go off when I walked out...

Not saying that was right but at the time my frame of mind was different.

Point being you can either accept it or reject it...

what will it be?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Technology isn't helping things, but it comes down to who's using it for what reasons. Human vs. Human. Atleast for now...

[edit on 8/12/2005 by Lifeadventurer]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm a firefighter and an EMT.

I responded to a hit and run a few shifts ago.

After having seen that, it would be easy for one to say that technology surpassed humanity with the invention of the wheel.

I'm a firefighter.

Having responded to arsin caused fires with loss of life, it would be easy for one to say that technology surpassed humanity with the invention of fire, or taming of it.

I'm a human.

I'm still trying to define what humanity really means. So, in order to accuratley contribute to your post ..... how do you define "humanity"?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sadly, i am going to have to agree with you're prediction that, no, we probably cannot stop this new era of ultimate surveilance coming into affect.
I still think it will be a while before humans being microchipped becomes widespread, but i think when that does happen, technology will have no doubt surpassed and bound us human into a horrible new way of life.

As people keep drifting away from one another, and becoming more wary of everyday people until it reaches a certain point, that will be when talk of human microchips will start worming into the media and conversations, and before long it will become a reality in order to "protect" us.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
I'm still trying to define what humanity really means. So, in order to accuratley contribute to your post ..... how do you define "humanity"?

I am also a Firefighter brother. I think you answered the above quote when you said you were a Firefighter. We save lives.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the feeling that there is something more important than fear"

We use technology to save lives, when someone calls 911 and your firehouse gets toned. When you put on your turnoutgear. Its all how you look at it.

You know what its like to see that look on the peoples faces when they are hurt, having a heart attack and they look to you with that vulnerable longing for help look. You my brother are there to help. That is humanity.

We had a call the other week, this guy had multiple heart bypass and was again going into arrest. After he was stabilized, the local ambulance guys were loading him up and we made eye contact, right away I gave him an its gonna be alright wink. The look on his face told me that wink meant more to him than anything else. That my brother is humanity.

Remember the 343 on 9/11

[edit on 12-8-2005 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 12:13 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join