It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious amphibious human-like creature spotted in the Caspian Sea waters of Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Mysterious amphibious human-like creature spotted in the Caspian Sea waters of Iran

"For the last two years residents of coastal areas around the southern and southwestern Caspian Sea have been reporting of some amphibious creature resembling a human being. In March this year an eyewitness account from the crew of the Baku, an Azeri trawler, was published by Iranian newspaper Zindagi (Zendegi): "That creature was swimming parallel course near the boat for a long time," said Gafar Gasanof, a captain of the ship."

"The Caspian Runan-shah is not the only species of underwater humans on record. Both Herodotus and Plato believed that original human beings were amphibious and might have founded an underwater state. "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iran is a country that offers a lot of mysterious things of the sort. Another mystery is the story of two giant lions and an old sage guarding the cave of "Emaam-Zaadeh Daavoud" in the mountains (A Shia saint) Countless Iranians, several of whom I have met, including my brother, have seen the lions and the man.

Yet another mystery which I recall with clearity is when my family and some relatives travelled by bus in the alp-like Zagros mountains of Norhtern Iran. Although I was only 5 years old I remember it as if it happened yesterday. The bus reached a valley and parked there so that the passengers could get out and stretch and get some fresh air. There were a bunch of other buses and cars parked there too. A big crowd of terrified people had gathered and were visibly very horrified at whatever it was they were seeing. My father went ahead of us, and as we a little while later approached the horrified crowd who had formed a half circle around that which appearantly terrified them, my father came rushing towards us and said "go, and take the children with you - they cannot see this!" But me and my brother managed to later sneak away and take ourselves through the crowd untile we had a clear view of what was happening. There were about 10-15 bulky, very powerful and extremely hairy humanoid creatures - resembling the stone age people in every possible way. They were wearing animal furs in the same fashion as stone age people, and had similar facial rough features, with wide noses and protruding lower foreheads (brows?) There was a good distance of some perhaps 80 -100 yards between them and us. What the crowd was so terrified about was that these humanoid creatures had attacked a young Iranian boy in the crowd and had stabbed him in the chest. He was bleeding profoundly, and the whole front of his white shirt was covered in blood. The boy had blond hair and I guess he was between 18-24 years old. One of these creatures had grabbed the boy from behind with his two arms around his chest, and was carrying him around, and shaking him with fury while making horrible moaning sounds. Appearantly the young boy had been foolishly brave and had approached them in curiousity, trying to establish contact with them to find out who and what they were. His family members were crying hysterically and asking people to do something. The other creatures were lifting big stones and throwing them at us, although it seemed to be more of a symbolic act since we were far too far away for them to be able to reach is. The creatures were also furiously screaming in a beastly way. My dad found us and angrily took us away from there. But I remember that I was so concerned for the young boy and couldn't understand why nobody was helping him. As terrified as I was, I felt the urge to rush towards these creatures and kick them on their legs and save the young guy. Behind the creatures there was a mountain, and at the foot of the mountain there were a bunch of caves.

This incident was so traumatic that I couldn't get my mind of it for quite some time. When I many years later met the relatives with whom we were travelling and told them the story, they were amazed that I could remember it, and confirmed much of what I could recall.

In the mountainous North-Eastern parts of Iran, where my mother is from, the peasants, villagers and shepherds have throughout centuries reported sightings of the "Goul-Biaabouni" Goul means spirit and monster in Persian and biaaboun is wast barren lands. He is described to be half human and half animal, very tall and hairy and resembles pre-historic man. Sounds like the Iranian version of bigfoot. My grandmother said that it was true and that these creatures would steal sheep from the villages, and that it also happened from time to time that they would take young girls. Other than that they were described as shy and to prefer to avoid humans.

We live in a small world, but in a vast universe - Anything and everything is possible.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Siroos]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
hi mate...

thanks for sharing this with us all.....quite frankly im amazed!

im simply blown away by what youve told us all and have never heard anything like this before.....quite simply amazing!!

regards.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Proberly Nazy Seals doing recon

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Good post
I heard something to this effect the other night on the radio.
Amazing..
Gives even more credibility to the fish with the human faces that made the rounds on the internet a few months ago...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thats a very good story you told. Thanks so much for sharing it. It's stories like these that make me wonder why we bother exploring outer space when we haven't even explored our entire planet yet. Not even counting the ocean depths which we've barely explored, there are so many rain forests and mountain regions throughout this planet that need to be visited. There very well could be dinosaurs in Africa, because we haven't really been in 80% of the Congo. There are so many species of creatures we don't really know about yet, and this story is yet another example of such.

Does anyone else have any firsthand stories related to cryptozoology that they'd like to share? Thanks in advance!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Rasputin, I noticed your signature and wondered why about your lack of skepticism here...

Sounds like Bigfoot got tired of the paparazzi in America..."loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly (Iran I mean)...Hills that is"

Pardon the joke...I couldn't help myself.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised to find that they are actually humans that have hid from civilization for generations. Sounds as plausible as any explanation I've heard.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Now this is the kinda stuff i want to do when im older, i want to hunt down these suspected creatures and if they are true get confromation of them so they can be observed, watched and protected.

If we know what they are, and what they eat and stuff then we can try to get nearby civillans protected as well.

Great storie, thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Siroos,

thanx for both those stories,

I believe there are many answers (and questions) in the experiences
we have as children. Perhaps we are able to access a wider realm of
'realtiy' in our innocent state.

That said, it is so cool to get confirmation of these events
by those who were adults at the time of the event.

I also greatly appreciate the quotation from the car painter.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Rasputin, I noticed your signature and wondered why about your lack of skepticism here...

I never said I believed her story, just that it was an interesting one and I'm glad she told it. I do however believe that there are many creatures out there, and there are a lot of people who have seen them. Many of those people are afraid to tell their stories, and we may never get to hear them. I am thankful for those who have the courage to face the ridicule that often accompanies these types of stories.

Now this is the kinda stuff i want to do when im older, i want to hunt down these suspected creatures and if they are true get confromation of them so they can be observed, watched and protected.

That's exactly what I've always wanted to do too! It would be incredible to be the person who has the first indisputable evidence that proves the existence of a creature such as Bigfoot. I've seen shows where people go out looking for creatures like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster, but it seems like they never put enough time or effort into it. They'll do their searches for a few days tops. They almost never set up any remote infra red or thermal image cameras. It's such a joke.

When I'm rich someday (hopefully), I'd like to spend my retirement traveling the world with a crew of people searching for many of these creatures. If they truly are out there, then they certainly need our protection if they're in danger of extinction.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

That's exactly what I've always wanted to do too! It would be incredible to be the person who has the first indisputable evidence that proves the existence of a creature such as Bigfoot. I've seen shows where people go out looking for creatures like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster, but it seems like they never put enough time or effort into it. They'll do their searches for a few days tops. They almost never set up any remote infra red or thermal image cameras. It's such a joke.

When I'm rich someday (hopefully), I'd like to spend my retirement traveling the world with a crew of people searching for many of these creatures. If they truly are out there, then they certainly need our protection if they're in danger of extinction.

And if you ever need another 'crew' member then you dont need to look any further!

If i were to do it, i would be in it for the fame and glory. Knowing that these creatures are safe and protected is all i'd need.

I agree some groups dont spend enough time searching for these creatures. I would say about 2-3 months minimum, as this is aobut the amount of time of which you could throughly search an area, but then again i guess it depends on the area in question

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is one of the most fascinating stories i have ever heard. Im not btrying to be rude or offensive but are u certainly true of what u saw when u were a kid. If this actually happened do u know if anyone had reported it to the media, or if u know these humanoid creatures are still floating around Iran today. Can tell us more about the man and those two huge lions as well.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Another amazing story! Have you ever been back to that Mounatin range again? Have you communicated with anyone since who could confirm what you saw? Any chance of photos or video/film shot during that experience? I hope you will follow up on this!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
National Geographic said those mountains are full of wildlife, and I think they're far from the big cities so who knows?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Really creepy story, would love to have some pictures of these things.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Seal or CIA insertion teams.
a reply to: Siroos

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Wow these things seem kinda dangerous, since they took a young boy. nice history there, but pretty scary.

top topics

join