It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BMW CleanEnergy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I've personally seen this car at a carshow in Amsterdam...(AutoRai)

It's a internal combustion engine that works on hydrogen and the exhaust is....... water!!!

www.bmwgroup.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I've known about this kind of engine for a few year's now
Old new's to me
They should make that kind of engine a requirement since it's cleaner than gas :p

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I heard on the radio last week that a car will be in production by the end of the year (in France I think) that runs on air.
It can do 125m before it needs a top up or can be 'refuelled' at home in about 4 hours.
Apparently - the air that is expelled is cleaner than it was before use.

BTW - that hydrogen engine was running in trials in public transport vehicles somewhere in Canada perhaps as long as 2 years ago now, but I never followed up its progress, so can't say how it went.

[Edited on 8-9-2002 by ~@uror@~]

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesG They should make that kind of engine a requirement since it's cleaner than gas :p

Agreed! Except you just know that the oil companies will do their best to supress it or discredit it into oblivion. Even though the technology for it is pretty old news, why do you think it's taken this long to get it so far along in trials & production? And even then, it still hasn't gotten that far in the US...

new topics

top topics

join