It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the conservative right gone too far?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
Yes, by all means, let's have the federal government tear apart any religious institution it wants with an IRS audit.

The reflexive fascist instincts of people that believe tax exemption is a control tool over it's servile subjects is more freightening to me than any wacko church pastor's political outlook.

Screw the government. The constitution is there to protect us from the people who who would use the levers of government power to enforce thier views of right and wrong. What goes on in this church as regards membership is none of your or the feds' damn business.

Hey, the choice is simple- accept the separation of church and state, or suffer the consequences. We live in a society of laws. If churches won't play by the rules, then we have to depend on our elected government to enforce them. The same laws that prevent the Feds from "tearing apart" religious institutions are the ones that dictate religion and politics be separate spheres. You can't have one without the other. I prefer it that way, myself.

-koji K.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by koji_K]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join