It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face of World War III

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I thought I would start a thread that aims to determine the nature of the next World War and the parties that will partake in it. I am by no means an expert on this matter and I doubt anyone here is but we should be able to agree on a few things.

1.The likelihood of a future WWIII is quite high if the world maintains on its current track.
2.By reviewing current events we should be able to determine which countries will be on which side during this war.

How the War will Begin

I have a few ideas on how this may happen. The first is that China will launch a strike on Taiwan the US will Counter and following that other countries will jump in. Secondly, North Korea sends a Nuke at the US and all out war follows. Thirdly, Iran nukes Israel and war follows. Lastly and least likely, China Launches an invasion of Japan.

These are my ideas if you have some or would care to poke holes in mine feel free.

The Forces of WWIII

First Side

Afghanistan
Albania
Angola
Australia
Azerbaijan
Bulgaria
Colombia
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Georgia
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Japan
Kuwait
Latvia
Lithuania
Macedonia
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Mongolia
Netherlands
Nicaragua
Palau
Pakistan
Panama
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Rwanda
Singapore
Slovakia
Solomon Islands
South Korea
Spain
Turkey
Uganda
Ukraine
United Kingdom
United States
Uzbekistan
Vietnam
Taiwan

Second Side

North Korea
Iran
Russia
China
Sudan
Cuba
India

All other ideas are welcome this is completely coming from my head so feel free to poke holes into them.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I do not wish to poke holes in your theories, but you could you provide reasoning in what you say, and how you came to the conclusions of the sides?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yes I can but it will take several pages to fully explain. Here is a brief explanation. Most of the members of the first side were members of the Coalition of the willing and I would expect them to remain together except for a few that I dropped off the list. Vietnam is on the list because of their opposition to China

www.news24.com...

Pakistan because it seems that the US has picked them to help militarily in their ongoing fight with India and likewise India would choose the other side.

www.axcessnews.com...

Russia is on the other side because Putin seems to hate America

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think this is a bit simplistic... wwIII, if it will occur, will probably be something like ww2 at least inasmuch as it will be several smaller wars which history shall look back on and call a "world war". for example, the war on the pacific front really had nothing to do with the front in europe, and in europe the war on the eastern front only was related to the war on the western front in that russia and the other allied powers shared a common enemy.

also, i doubt india would be on the same side as china. they've fought two wars since world war 2. and i've seen no evidence that putin "hates" america, he just happens to be the leader of a country with interests contrary to americas. in a war, they'd probably find their interests converge, just like in world war 2. (ie, fighting islamic fundie's in chechnya and the 'stans.)

-koji K.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by koji_K]

[edit on 6-5-2005 by koji_K]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
For as long as I can remember people have said that Russia will nuke the US. On this issue I have heard that they will indeed attack out nuclear power plants, some military bases, and the largest cities. My question is...what military bases do you consider the ones that would be of top priority, what are the largest cities, and is there a map of all us nucklear power plants anywhere on the web?
Also can anyone tell me if there is such a map that shows prior wars on US mainland. I am aware of small wars and some of the places in which they were fought. Just wondered if there were any type of maps, paperwork on the web that would show land involved in any war fought on the ground in the US. Maybe also statistics on loss of life from prior wars and possible loss from nuclear, and maybe models of nuclear fallout of those largest US cities?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Also I wanted to add that I have noticed alot more Russians here in my area and along the coast of Mississippi. Should this be alarming? I know they have subs in the gulf. It's all very scary. Any info on why they may be here and why now?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
How the War will Begin

I have a few ideas on how this may happen. The first is that China will launch a strike on Taiwan the US will Counter and following that other countries will jump in. Secondly, North Korea sends a Nuke at the US and all out war follows. Thirdly, Iran nukes Israel and war follows. Lastly and least likely, China Launches an invasion of Japan.

You forgot these scenarios:

5. Israel launches a pre-emptive strike on Iranian nuclear facilities using U.S.-made bunker-buster nukes to erase all evidence to refute claims that Iran was making nukes.

6. Dubya launches an attack on North Korea. China supports NK and everbody else takes sides and joins in.

7. Dubya launches an attack on Iran. The rest of the Islamic nations, backed by Russia, decide enough is enough and attack US forces in the Middle East. Everybody else joins in. After the dust settles and the world is in ruins, it is discovered that no, Iran wasn't lying and we all got duped again. Bush and daddy Bush come out of their bunker and declare themselves emperors of the world.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
cool aparently canada is neutral in ww3.

i have to agree ww3 would probably not be a one war war. it will be many smaller wars just like ww2.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Canada doesn't believe in war. Should anyone decide to attack Canada, we will always have the states to throw in some recruits our way to save our asses.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
well i admit our forces are severly lacking in equipment
guess no one wants us on their team. i guess we get to be the place for all comercer dureing the war to go through and a safe haven for all sides to deal with each other

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
Canada doesn't believe in war. Should anyone decide to attack Canada, we will always have the states to throw in some recruits our way to save our asses.

And huni you know we will. The US has an attitude. Not always a good thing, and we are nowhere close to perfect, but we do tend to aid our friends, even when those friends have a pathetic government like ours

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Also I wanted to add that I have noticed alot more Russians here in my area and along the coast of Mississippi. Should this be alarming?

No.

They're here looking for jobs, something not easy to find in Russia now, not to take over.

And if they were here to take over, they wouldn't start on the Mississippi coast anyway

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There wont be a world war 3 for the simple fact that all countries need to trade their goods. China and the Russians have taken this on board so they are making economic changes to the world. Alas America sees this as a threat to their economy and starts panicking , China and Taiwan make money by being world leaders in electronics that people buy in USA. They don't want a war that will stop them from being the worlds richest nation. Its just that America cant compete anymore and has to resort to violence to get its way . Just my thoughts.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
xmotex,
Why the subs? I can understand some things..this is not one of them!!!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
world war 3 will never begin for the reason of total extinction of the human race..even if we have our lil bomb shelters no way ur gonna escape the impact of a 200ton bomb...i mean come onn the whole earth would be in the worse possible state imaginable....y risk our lifes just kill osama or who ever u want instead of some mass extinction of the human race ..

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
cool aparently canada is neutral in ww3.

i have to agree ww3 would probably not be a one war war. it will be many smaller wars just like ww2.

Actually, in traditional (pre-fall of the USSR) WWIII scenarios, Canada was battleground #1. All the nukes the US and the USSR had were targetted at each other via the shortest route possible, which is over the polar ice caps, and of course, Canada. If this violation of Canadian airpsace to effectuate the end of the world as we knew it wouldn't be enough to piss Canada off, strategic simulations predicted that more than 20% of the nukes would detonate prematurely.

Don't know if this is relevant for a "new" WWIII scenario, but in the old days, the complete destruction of Canadian civilization was considered a given.

-koji K.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer

Canadians have always been brave people , they came to Britain's aid in world war 2 long before America did, i think that Canadians think that Americans have lost the plot. Ok im English and stand up to silly Americans who don't like anybody , but you living in your own cocoon of America is best at everything, your not .

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
India will not side with China

China can NOT invade Japan.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
First of all, I doubt El Salvador would be on our side considering Hugo Chavez HATES our guts.

You also strangely left out Syria. Wouldn't they be on the other side?

You mentioned Iran nuking Israel, yet you don't even have Israel listed as an ally or enemy. I don't think Iran has or will ever have enough nukes to wipe Israel off the map. Furthermore, I think Israel would be able to shoot down most of anything Iran can lob their way.

Finally, I don't think India would fight against us, regardless of Pakistan's alignment in this hypothetical war.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Why the subs? I can understand some things..this is not one of them!!!

Surveillance & signals intellegence.

We do the same thing, I'd be supprised if there isn't an SSN or two quietly cruising off Russian shores even as I write.

China can NOT invade Japan.

For once I am in full agreement with Ed, China hasn't got the amphibious forces to get there, and even if they did, the JMSDF would clean their clocks before they ever saw land.

[edit on 5/6/05 by xmotex]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join