It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove God, Win One Million Dollars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You can't prove the existance of God, he can't be measured, tested or experimented on. If he could be, he wouldn't be God, he'd be a law of physics.

Originally posted by Echtelion
Bleh! Faith is more worthy than one million! (yawn)

You have voted Echtelion for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

JJ:

If there was a mathematical equation that proves God it would be this:

e^(pi * i) = -1

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What about a million dollars to prove he "doesn't' exist?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
djohnsto77 said it right!!!

God does not fit into our laws of physics......
He is and always will be...

Here's a question for all you bible haters.....
If evolution and the big bang are real (I agree with the big bang)
then what started that first spec of whatever, what put that first
particle or whatever out there??
How was the first form of matter created?

I know how.....I higher power, a power that bypasses our universes laws of physics and can create that first piace of matter or whatever it was......

So please answer up...what created the first spec of universe, space, matter........?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
So please answer up...what created the first spec of universe, space, matter........?

Well then....Who created GOD?

If you say, GOD always existed and no one created it.....
I say the first spec of matter always existed...no one created it

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quake

Originally posted by SportyMB

Well then....Who created GOD?

If you say, GOD always existed and no one created it.....
I say the first spec of matter always existed...no one created it

But the first spec of matter falls into the natural laws of the universe....I think we both agree on this....so it had to have been created?

God did not have a creation because he is super natural........beyond our laws.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have seen no proof of the existance of a 'God', and yet have seen many miraculous things. If there is a God, he/she/it won't come out to play so you or I can collect a reward....imho.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Edsinger, it is the christians job to prove itself. As already said

Aliens exist..... christians say prove it
Earth isn't taking it from the jews on christmas every third leap year..... christians say prove it
God doesn't exist..... christians say GO TO HELL!!!!!!!! disprove he doesn't

So, we have to prove everything, but when they are asked to prove something they just cry like little kids and since they are full of it tell you to disprove it. How sad is that? Lord of the Dance.(Dennis Leary No cure for Cancer and Lock N Load 2 disc DvD set)

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
James, can you for once carry on a conversation on these matters without your typical anti-christian rhetoric?

You know..just once....

Besides, James, if I could prove the existence of God, that little ole' one million dollars would not be enough. Proving the existence of God would net anyone who could conclusively and empirically prove such far, far more than is currently being offered. Bet.

seekerof

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Funny, the truth is anti-christian? Like how edsinger said the truth is liberal? I guess that's true, since reality is the truth, and as anyone who hasn't sold their soul to the Hitler Youth(Pope) know reality sides with the truth, not religon.

So, no point proving your existence because it is worth more then 1mil? Huh? So if someone offers a million to prove alines there is no point in proving them?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
James you crack me up!

If your logic holds.......

Aliens exist - Christians ask for proof (actually I wouldn't ask that but you know not the reason)

Your reply to that would be prove they DON'T exist...

Same for God..........

The reason that I believe besides what He has done in my personal life, undeserved at that, is the sheer size and wonder of creation itself. When in a SETI class at a Big Ten school, the teacher and I although we got along we disagreed on many things.

The Drake equation - My conservative guesstimates put the 'odds' of other life in the milky way alone at millions of planets in this galaxy alone. I have never said God didn't create it, matter of fact I would be surprised if He didn't. yet millions times billions of galaxies......it gets to be 10^20th power or so....

Now, with the guess of the universe at conservatively 20 billion years, the approximate age of the first stars to birth and die to then have the heavier elements and the cycle to repeat and then the complex amino acids need to be formed and then they must 'somehow' form complex chains to start the building blocks of life, you find that the 'chance or odds' get to be 10^100+ power, a much much bigger number, mathematicians would say infinity. So if the odds of the chains forming are so hi, but yet it ca still happen? By that logic, a statistical analysis would show that the universe would have to be of SCALE older for even those outrageous odds of happening by chance.

That day chance in creation was ruled out in my mind.....absolute.

Now the question became....then who?

We have our answer.

The Ancient One.........

[edit on 4-5-2005 by edsinger]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Whether there is a God or not, maybe they should put the $1million towards something useful like... i don't know... helping people ?

Oh that's right.

They're not interested in God or helping people.

They just like screaming "Look at us! Put us on the news! See how clever we are with our little Challenge?"

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Just ask Perle, Wolfowitz, Kristol et al., and if they says he exists, thats good enough for me, yes siree!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It is more interesting to find out if these people actually have the 1 million dollars to back up their contest. If they do not, then I believe that they are breaking the law. It is illegal to start up a contest and offer prizes, which you do not have in your possession. It falls under contest fraud and scams.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
God can be proved in a simple way. One must have the insight and open eyes to see that everything that has been and is as it is has to have been made by someone of way above average smarts. The complexity of the human body and the brain, along with the complexity of matter that exists all over Earth and throughout the entire universe, must have been created either by one or a group of beings whom posses' more power than we could ever dream of. Being raised Baptist, I have been taught and believe in the supream being God created everything. If we believe in him only, we know from being taught that he is the only entity capable of doing what our eyes see, minds thinks, and all matter created he is the one who did it. Now I make take some flak over this but it is my position. Does this change my mind that I believe in ET's and UFO's? No. The odds of intelligent life elsewhere in the maze of space must be. There had to be one with all the marbles to get things going and moving. I just cannot accept that everything just came about in the big bang. I feel it was organized by something that had an awsome power.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I AM GOD... Damn ugly that is. Does that count?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I used to be unsure if God existed. Then one day I just found God on my own. My family were not really believers. I guess I can not prove it in any way at all. If you could be inside of my mind for a period of time, then you would see. It only takes one thing to prove GOD or a God. One ghost sighting, one correct prediction, one miracle reported, or one of anything supernatural. Maybe we are living in a computer program and GOD is our programmer? Maybe the Bermuda Triangle is an error in that program? Who knows?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You guys are so in the dark saying God cant be proved .Dont you ever read that book you have or what!!!!
Tomas asked God THREE times to prove he was real and THREE time god proved he was . Moses went befor the phero And told him stop or else the GOD backed up his words . This is in your BOOK TRY READING IT.
so to say god is ONLY based on faith is a falice and theres NO reasion why YOU or God couldent show his power NONE what so ever .YOUR book says SO . Your book is full of storys like this and all through out history there are stories like this . So I immange it would be a small matter for GOD to show his power.
Ps I have no instrest in being powerfull my self but am tired of the I have faith so it is True . Faith does not = true . If it did then the cathlicks and prodenstons could agree instead of killing one another . and there religion is taken from the same book lolol .

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
They are only paying out if you prove GOD does exist, which in my book means that they believe he doesn't exist.

Now if I prove that GOD doesn't exist, will I still get the $1 million?

The GOD question will never be answered, except by the individual.

Whichever path you choose to follow it will not lead you to the answer, only more questions.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Simcity4Rushour, you are correct. What should be said is God could only be proved if he chooses to reveal himself in a way acceptable as proof to the observer.

[edit on 5/5/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Ok try something:

Close your eyes and look at the back of your eyelids. Try to clear your mind of everything, make it blank, its hard but with concentration it should work. What do you see? You should see nothing, just black.

Now Try to imagine "Nothing" just pitch darkness/black. No Life, planents, universes, no matter what so ever, No existence, No GOD. So here you are looking at "NOTHING" but this nothing is "something" right? Meditate on this Nothing, Nothing, Nothing........................ Try to feel what nothing is like..........

Impossible to comprehand isn't it? There has to be something because if you think about it nothing should look like somehthing, anything? Now if meditating on this, you should start to feel something is there in this so called "Nothingness". You are not there alone. Congratulations..................You've found God.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join