It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why wont they believe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hi, this is my first post to my favourite of ATS forums.
I dont know if this is how things are usually done so forgive me if i'm asking a question here that sounds silly.
The thing is, i DO believe in alien existence. I really do. And i dont think of myself as gullible, but there is just too much evidence of there being SOMETHING there, besides us.
By evidence, i mean photos, reports, accounts etc.
When you mention aliens and abductions and ufos, most people roll their eyes and sigh, which clearly indicates that they think you are weird for even bringing the subject up.
But surely not everyone who claims to have seen ufos, or claims to have been abducted, can be insane, or delusional.
The saying goes, that there is no smoke without fire, and therefore i find it incredible that people can simply dismiss the whole idea of ETs without even looking into the information that is out there.
My question being, therefore, to all of you ATSers.....what is the most convincing evidence you have come across to confirm your belief in the existence of Extra Terrestrials....and.....why do you think that some people just wont believe. It cant just be fear of the unknown, surely?
As a side note, i am a muslim and in the Holy Quran, when it mentions God in the first verse (and in many other verses) it says,
"Lord of the Worlds"
Plural. And there is also a verse in there that says something like:
"Does man not know that there was a long period of time when he was not even thought of?"
So to me, my belief in my religion goes hand in hand with my belief in ETs.
Aaaanyway....back to work

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

My question being, therefore, to all of you ATSers.....what is the most convincing evidence you have come across to confirm your belief in the existence of Extra Terrestrials

See the following:

Rendlesham
Roswell
Battle of LA
UFOs over DC
Kinross Incident

why do you think that some people just wont believe. It cant just be fear of the unknown, surely?

Combination of a fear of what they may find, what it may mean, and the fact that it doesn't impact their daily lives. Also, the masses are now (after almost 50 years of concerted effort) convinced they will be ridiculed for bringing up the subject, so they feel why bring the pain for no gain (for what they see as no gain).

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i saw a light, much like a star. move in an inverted trapizoid in the sky. the light trail stayed like in tron, then slowly faded away.

I think more people belive than you probablly would guess.

try seeing into the minds of the people around you. you never know where an alien will be hiding.

Good luck.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Another note: The majority believe....they simply don't publicly admit it.
In every poll, the majority always turns out in favor of belief in ET visitation.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I believe, but probably only 100% because I've had first-hand experience. That's the only thing that I believe is the best evidence. Sure, reading reports of various incidents and occurances, listening to witness accounts, or looking at photos can be compelling enough to convince some, but I still think that the only way a person can truly believe 100%, without a doubt, is to have an ET encounter for themselves.

That's one reason I'm sure that others do not believe. If it doesn't happen to them, it's not real. And if it is real, who cares, as long as it doesn't affect them... That's their attitude anyways...

Those are some interesting verses from the Quran, by the way.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I do believe as well. I don't know if I buy into all the theories concerning the topic but I do believe that we have been visited by other beings. It would be pompous to think we are the only living entities in this universe and beyond. And if we were what a lonely exsistence. Where is the achievement towards something greater?
However, I myself do not want to have an encounter or "experience" as has been described by others. Most experiences I have read about aren't pleasent encounters, so in that regard yes, I would like to stick my head under the covers and pretend it doens't exsist.
I have a profound belief in God as well BUT I have never seen Him and yet I believe that God exsists. I cannot provide undeniable proof of the exsistence of God and still people can more easily accept the exsistence of God without the "proof" and not of aliens?

I feel badly for some of those who post their experiences here on this website and yet get slammed because their stories have "holes" in them and they cannot provide proof of their claim.
I think it too is fear of the unknown. That there is a force or entity that we cannot control or worse still could have complete control over us.
Just my thoughts...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thanks for replying, ok...

Gazrok wrote:
Combination of a fear of what they may find, what it may mean, and the fact that it doesn't impact their daily lives. Also, the masses are now (after almost 50 years of concerted effort) convinced they will be ridiculed for bringing up the subject, so they feel why bring the pain for no gain (for what they see as no gain).

Gazrok, the examples you gave were classics indeed. I have read some of your extensive posts on these and you have covered them really well.
Its interesting what you said about ridicule. From what i have read on here, at times it would seem that even people who believe, are tempted to (if not ridicule), at least be VERY skeptical of those with tales to tell. I am not suggesting that we believe everything, but do you not agree that the ufology community needs to be more supportive themselves?

VapourTrail wrote:
i saw a light, much like a star. move in an inverted trapizoid in the sky. the light trail stayed like in tron, then slowly faded away.

VaporTrail, maybe someone was playing with some cosmic etch a sketch :-)...honestly, i would love to see something like that. I look out so often at the sky, but alas...nothing so far :-(

Cloudless Knight wrote:
I believe, but probably only 100% because I've had first-hand experience. That's the only thing that I believe is the best evidence. Sure, reading reports of various incidents and occurances, listening to witness accounts, or looking at photos can be compelling enough to convince some, but I still think that the only way a person can truly believe 100%, without a doubt, is to have an ET encounter for themselves.

Hi Cloudless Knight (i am never sure whether it is ok to abbreviate these names :-)).....thanks for writing. I would love to know what your experience was. Did you believe in these things before this happened to you? I can honestly say that even though i havent had the chance to experience anything 1st hand, i do still believe 100% that there are other life forms out there somewhere. I believe about 90% that they have visited, 60% that they are here...and so on :-)

DDay wrote:
I have a profound belief in God as well BUT I have never seen Him and yet I believe that God exsists. I cannot provide undeniable proof of the exsistence of God and still people can more easily accept the exsistence of God without the "proof" and not of aliens

Hi DDay...thats true, i believe in God. I mean, i have never seen Him, but i believe i can see signs of Him all around, so to speak. I have to agree with you again on the point of it being a pompous assumption that we are alone. I think there are certainly levels of belief, and i also think that if people DO believe, then they are more inclined to stay with the "out there somewhere" theory, rather than entertain the thought that that "somewhere" might actually be here.

Sometimes i think it would be nice to have an encounter...maybe of the third kind though. I think i would be scared witless by anything closer :-)

Ok, time to post this and see if i have succeeded in doing all the quotes right

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
From ages 3-5, I had a 'friend' whom nobody saw but me, as I did not know then, it was a gray.
It would spend hours telling me about all the wonderful things I was to experience in my life and in the after-life, but that when I started to kindergarten, he would leave and come back when I was an adult.
They did return when I became an adult, but in an OOBE sense, taking me to anywhere I wished to go in the Cosmos, if I would agree to allow them to speak through me..I agreed, funny thing is that when I am in trance, the voice is much softer and with no accents.. unlike my normal voice.The tapes are a godsend when I have troubles or doubts..
Yes, they are real.
Welcome to the board and thank you for the Quran sharing..

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

siriuslyone wrote:
From ages 3-5, I had a 'friend' whom nobody saw but me, as I did not know then, it was a gray.

See, this is what i like....people talking about their experiences. This sounds incredible and i can only sit here and feel slightly jealous that i didnt get a friend like this

So, if you dont mind me asking, how did you even comprehend it at that age? Did it communicate telepathically with you or with speech?
Why do you think you were chosen for this? As an adult, apart from this factor, are you a particularly spiritual person (i dont mean religious per se, just spiritually aware) (actually, that seems like a stupid question....i guess if you're travelling through the cosmos via OOBEs, then i dont think you could be anything BUT spiritually aware
)

Aagh...too many questions to ask you

Ok, one more for now....do you see the universe on these travels....i am imagining you floating through space like a satellite, but this may be too whimsical

And thank you for the welcome by the way. Its pretty scary getting started on this thing....its like looking for ages at the swimming pool from a high dive and finally getting the courage to jump off. But, i am here now, and heres hoping i dont immediately sink to the bottom and crack my head open

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

siriuslyone wrote:

See, this is what i like....people talking about their experiences. This sounds incredible and i can only sit here and feel slightly jealous that i didnt get a friend like this

So, if you dont mind me asking, how did you even comprehend it at that age? Did it communicate telepathically with you or with speech?
Why do you think you were chosen for this? As an adult, apart from this factor, are you a particularly spiritual person (i dont mean religious per se, just spiritually aware) (actually, that seems like a stupid question....i guess if you're travelling through the cosmos via OOBEs, then i dont think you could be anything BUT spiritually aware
)

Yes, telepathically, always..I have always been spiritual, but at a young age, I had a clinical death from cancer, so since then i have no fear of the "other side'. Volunteer is what they call it, as opposed to chosen.
I was a very strange child, always asking my mom where they found me, as I was not theirs. I did not play with other kids, I just spent hours in the woods alone, staring at the sky.

Aagh...too many questions to ask you

Ok, one more for now....do you see the universe on these travels....i am imagining you floating through space like a satellite, but this may be too whimsical

It is not floating, but yet it is, I know i have a body, but that I am just not in it.There is a silver cord that does not break, as if it does, you die.

And thank you for the welcome by the way. Its pretty scary getting started on this thing....its like looking for ages at the swimming pool from a high dive and finally getting the courage to jump off. But, i am here now, and heres hoping i dont immediately sink to the bottom and crack my head open

Do not worry, there are no stupid questions, as this concerns us all.
I will U2U a link so that you can see what "my" ets look like.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Hello all i am new here and the above post is my personal experiance with an UFC (C = Craft as i know what i saw was not an object)

I am not embarresed to tell people what i saw, if they don't belive me it is their loss because i know what i saw. It was a very firghtening encounter but i am pleased to say i did not get abducted, not at least to my knowledge anyway

As i am dyslixic i'd probably end up in the reject pile LOL

I don't know what to think about Greys etc, so many people have seen them first hand and yet ACCSESS DENIED!!

Although last year i encountered a half human half Lion Being named Kootie who appeared as spirits appear to me. (Sorryu i din't explain, i am a psychic medium) He has given me some information on who his people are and he has explained some Egyption mysteries such as how the stone blocks where moved, Sun Disks = Solour Pannel, they knwe how to Astral/time travel and he has explained some basic symbols.

The symbol with four pyramids nose to nose within a circle means not only heaven mirroring earth but it also mirrors left to right as well as top to bottom = Knowledge of parallel universies.

The triangle symbol on its own denotes time travel via other dimentions. Houros (the watcher) Our Alien space brother who once visited earth thousands of years before Christ! Ancient Egyptians worked along side them. The knowledge has delibratly been washed out over the last 2000 years by religions such as Catholisisum distracting us from the real earth history.

Kootie is familier with the works of Erich Von Daniken. Kootie had already given me some information before i read any of his books and Kootie told me I will come across some of those peices of information in Erich's work. I was amazed to find this to be true. Kootie wanted to prove he was real by proving it to me. He also left me with some research which also backed up information Kootie had explained to me.

His people use other un-inhabited planets to mine for sources. Although he appeared to me in spirit form, his people are as solid as you and i made up of physical matter. They know how to project themselves via Astral/timetravel. They are concerened about us knowing the truth! They are good people, they live a lot longer than us and appear warrior like (the males that is) They have amazing healing abilities and love and respect all life.

Kootie has alot of scientific knowledge, unfortunatly some of it is ... his words "Beyond our comprehension of understanding" We have not been able to break through the laws of physics yet, anyone who says otherwise is lying!

Well i may appear like a crack pot to some people, but quite honestly, i don't care! Our reality is just an illusion as we are made up of matter and tiny particles and atoms etc. where not even solid, that is the illusion we are light! Our brain tricks us into beliving we are solid but this is not the case. When i see spirit, this is true reality, it is what we where, it is what we will once again become. Beings like Kootie is reality, we are the illusion!

As jesus said "a wolf in sheeps clothing"

Id like to hear other people encounters it is very interesting

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't believe that fear of the unknown is as big a factor as people make it out to be, seems more like a sick jealousy.

I have said there is no God many times, but when my son was sick I prayed very seriously and intently...........likewise I think many U.F.O./Alien skeptics seceretly watch the night skies and hope to see SOMETHING and when they don't then they feel dissapointed and ridicule those that have had the experience. My son got better, I don't know if a/the/some God was involved, but I was thankful. I would rather have never needed to pray, and I'm sure many Alien abductees/witnesses would rather not have had their experiences.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I believe too. Saw two lights belonging to the same craft, blinking like stars, and I got lucky enough to have the light conditions to make out some sort of optical camouflage. Seems it doesn't work as well as it should at twilight (dark blue sky).

It's now been over a year. The problem is I don't know where to go from here. :/ I've just totally reverted to the state of life I had before the experience. I'm sorta waiting for something big to happen to be able to say "I knew that yeaars ago".
But nothing ever really happens.

Disclosure? Sure. But it's a way distant dream and everybody and their UFO believing grandmother knows it. I'm optimistically looking at a disclosure about 10 years before I die. Because that's about the time the wide spread public will have all the technology it needs to get contact.

Looking forward to the seing what kind of lives the aliens have though.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Maybe they dont beleive because they dont want to. Life is difficult enough within accepted reality let alone with some new phenomena shattering the known chaos! very likely they are out there, but i dont give a Shot unless there in my face, im busy 24/7 making the most of my life here and now!
I hope that answers your question.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
People won't believe it because, simply put, they have been told not to.

For over 50 years rogue elements of the military industrial complex have engaged in an active program of denial, deception, intimidation, suppression, infiltration, "debunkery" ....you name it.

But don't take my word for it, see for yourself how deep the rabbit hole goes.

disclosureproject.org...

www.majesticdocuments.com...

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

[edit on 5/4/05 by Divergence]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
geek101 says:

I am not suggesting that we believe everything, but do you not agree that the ufology community needs to be more supportive themselves?

I certainly hope not, and I'm a very strong skeptic.

One of the reasons I try to keep an open mind about UFOs (in other words, Spaceship Guys) is because of people like Gazrok.

Now I don't believe (and I won't until I get what i consider much harder evidence), but I do know that there's a possibility of Spaceship Guys because serious UFO guys like Gazrok will themselves debunk all the really crazy and obviously false UFO reports.

I think the reason he does this is that he believes (correct me if I'm wrong, G) that if the UFO guys buy into all the baseless reports, they would probably lose their credibility (which they would).

But I know, based on what I've read of Ol' Gazrok, that if he claims something is probable, then he probably has good reason to believe it -- and I have an obligation to listen to what he says.

If you want the rest of the world to even accept the possibility of UFOs as Spaceship Guys, you need to police yourselves.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

If you want the rest of the world to even accept the possibility of UFOs as Spaceship Guys, you need to police yourselves.

I'm a believer and a skeptic at the same time. I believe there is intelligent life out there, as I've posted before, but there is so much junk out there, so many obvious hoaxes that I look at every report skeptically and logically. If I can't find a flaw in the sighting then I take it more seriously. I ask questions first, shoot later. I think most UFO believers are the other way around.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't think one can look at the issue report by report. The entire body of the subject must be examined.

The problem is that in the absence of any 'official' information, coupled with the enormity 'noise' so to speak (especially since the advent of the internet) It is extremely difficult to pick out what is truly relevant and what is not.

For every bit of 'good' information, there is probably ten bits of 'bad' information.

Studying the history of the phenomenon, as a whole, helps to separate 'wheat from chaff', and there is a whole lotta chaff.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Your brain's capability to integrate new knowledge is limited to the laws of association. You have to be able to associate a new truth to an existing truth. What truths did you have at birth which all other truths have been linked to the source programming in you. Instincts. Instincts are the truths you have to begin with. And Instincts are the truths you take for granted are truth, those encoded strands of information are the basis of your personality and identity. But what if those instincts were not correct information.
I could continue to spell it out for you. But you would not believe me.

So I offer you this advice:
Ask the logical question.
Find the answer.
Ask the next logical question.
Find the answer.
Ask the next logical question.
Find the answer.
Continue this process until you are faced with the last logical question.
Every essence of your personality and identity stem from?
Your last opinion will precede the truth.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
im 19 years old and frustrated to see that there aint no one in my community to talk to about this subject. people are afraid to know the truth. imagine telling your grandma that what she believes is a lie, her whole life shes been brought up to believe in what she does she wouldn't except.

its down to the youth so forget trying to teach the mature people that don't whant to listen try teaching the younger people who don't know what the hells going on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join