It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we ready?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Besides, we can destroy our planet too...so where's the comparison?

We can do it using an energy source that will NOT provide a good means of interstellar transit. If they were to get here, they'd need some method of going far fast, something radically different than the energy sources we control ATM. Their method for getting here has to be at least somewhat radically different from what we're used to, and from that comes the ability to trash Earth.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think if it ever came down to planet earth defending itself against a hositle alien force we may as all just lay down and put paper bags over our heads.. It's all well and good to assume that they'll be allergic to our water or some one will find their one impenertable defense and stop an alien attack in the very nick of time, but highly unlikely. Also, on a less cheery note, I beileve if these aliens are travelling across space (and possibly time) to come to earth, they have a pretty good reason... not just to take pictures and anally probe a few cows... The idea that ultra intellegent life has travelled across the galaxy to visit and can't figure out what the anus is for is insane. If they're coming they have good reasons, and I doubt that we can stop them with out severly hurting ourselves in the process.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
isn't the reason to stop us from destroying our rare, gift of a planet?
Aren't they already here, standing behind our government, walking us through the restructuring?

It's amazing how people don't yet equade the US lead "war of terror" with the truthful "war on overpopulation"

Lets face it yall' the first world feeds the rest of the world, and they do it because: With out life support (a planet to grow food on) there is no life! Even if you find life that can exist in space, with out need of a planet = (ALIENS!!!) space is still it's life support; the place where it resides.

The all peaceful stance of "stop killing, let the earth ballance itself" no longer works with the advances of global destruction. Interesting how aliens "showed up" right around the time we made the a-bomb... don't 'cha think?!

I'd venture to guess, at this point we are the "ants", and the ants are what our superiors are trying to save. (what with all of our screw ups)

I think the reason Aliens haven't gone public with there presents (highly arguable) is because now is a band-aid state. "invasion" will come once we ARE READY to move outward, not by technological means, but by spiritual and logical means. COLLECTIVLY

If you want to "fight" somthing and make a difference, go get nutured or spade, and adopt a child that's already here!!!!! Figure out how to turn sex into energy generation!!!! And we'll be sippin' apple martinies watching the lead rain on mecurey before you can say "god damn why didn't we do this sooner."

-signed- you're coveted Alien AKA •Human• one of 8,000,000,000 + AND RISEING!!!!

[edit on 5/3/2005 by VaporTrail]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join