It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intersting find in Iraq.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
shots

I have no idea of the relevance of your comments to the material you quoted from me. Perhaps you intended to quote someone else?

I wasn't on the subject of the mythical WMDs at all, but it is comical that the one place they could be found is on a piece of folk art with a leering Saddam Hussein.

This is a big picture from a larger than life comic book with Hussein as the superhero. It's all someone's fantasy, given pictorial form to capture the viewer's imagination. Do you get it yet?

Sorry if I missed your point; I thought you were talking about there being no remaining wmd's when in fact there were. The insurgents used one shell that proved they still had some wmd's. The only problem was they did not realize the shell contained wmds. If they had and if they had used the shell as it was intended one hell of a lot of people could have died. That was my point.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

Look skippy, its no big secret that I deplore Hussien and do very much believe he had a very large hand in world terror groups but the statement above is deemed by board staff as trolling.

I appreciate your post as I think its one of many examples of Saddam's hand in 911 that have been swept under the rug however, I will caution you against reverting to this type of provocation in the future.

We all very much aprreciate your research and your cooperation.

Thanks.

astrocreep, i think this needs to be said and more so to many of the other members who have posted even in ATSNN bashing Republicans and anyone else who has backed the US response in Iraq and the war on terror, calling us "warmongers" and making other troll attacks.

Yet not ever have I seen any staff member say anything to these people....not once...except in this post.

I have nothing against you or any of the staff, but i find it strange that now, when I see it being done by one member who backs the war on terror, this problem of trolling comes up.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hmm, so if I draw a picture of you killing a man, that means you are guilty of murder. Interesting argument. Sadaam probably was happy the US was attacked, but still, is that justification for war?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Hmm, so if I draw a picture of you killing a man, that means you are guilty of murder. Interesting argument. Sadaam probably was happy the US was attacked, but still, is that justification for war?

No, but him breaking the sanctions, him backing terrorist groups that attack US and Israelis, and him keeping all the documentation to start a WMD program and other banned equipment and even weaponry which they were not supposed to have is more than enough reason.

Why the heck keep all that WMD documentation, why having all those banned equipments and weaponry if he wasn't going to use them in the future?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Why the heck keep all that WMD documentation, why having all those banned equipments and weaponry if he wasn't going to use them in the future?

Chestnut.

Q. How does the US government know that Iraq had WMDs?

A. Because the US government kept the receipts.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz
You miss understood me Fristh, the lies were just a reason. I would have rathered wanted us to go to war with Saddam. In its pure form the war was justified, yet many people fail to see this in their politically corrupted eyes. The way it was carried out was a complete failure.

When I say the lies do not mean a thing to me, I am saying that people should never live under a regime as wicked as Saddam's and no matter what little things that leave the president's and his administrations mouths doesn't deter the way I and many feel about whats going on.

I do challenge Bush's way of handling it, complete disaster.

Do you honestly think anybody would sign up to be a soldier if they were told that their duty would be to take over other countries and install new governments that were better for the foreigners living there? Quite obviously the answer is no. Nobody signs up for war to kill and die for somebody else's nation.

Since accountability is out of the question, what I am asking for is the dropping of the pretense of righteous altruism of defending the lives of foreigners from their own governments. I want the United States of America, MY country, to give up this notion that they are defenders of those people and simply admit what the wars they initiate are about. Which is U.S. interests. Install all the U.S. friendly governments you want. Kill as many people as necessary to enforce your policy, but state the honest truth as to why the war was necessary.

I would prefer to live in old imperialist Britain where taking over foreign countries was done without need to create lies rather than to be indignantly dragged along this killing spree of the false spread of freedom and democracy. I WANT to live in an openly fascist state now rather than this disgusting pit of lies.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Frith]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Howdy folks...

skippy...

Here is some background info on the mural taken by B Co 1-15 IN...

This banner was captured by B Co 1-15 IN during operation Iraqi Freedom. Task Force 1-15 seized an Iraqi rocket factory in Baghdad on 14 April 2003. This banner was hung on a wall at the factory. The Arabic writing in the symbol at the top of the banner says, "Preserve Iraq and Saddam." The writing along the bottom of the banner says, " The honored leader, President Saddam Hussein. God protects him and takes care of him." The banner clearly shows that Saddam Hussein supported terrorism.
This picture is a mural/painting taken by 1/15 IN,
in Iraq, during OIF 1. The mural/pic was brought back
from Iraq and is currently located in the 1-15 BN HQ, on Kelley Hill.

www.frgnews.com...

Here is another found by 1st Marine Expeditionary Force from Task Force Tarawa...

www.cnn.com...

As to when they were painted, who knows...as to why, it's obivious...

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Jedi_Master]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Thank you Jedi, the first person to find some validation. You are the chosen one of course!

[edit on 3-5-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

astrocreep, i think this needs to be said and more so to many of the other members who have posted even in ATSNN bashing Republicans and anyone else who has backed the US response in Iraq and the war on terror, calling us "warmongers" and making other troll attacks.

Yet not ever have I seen any staff member say anything to these people....not once...except in this post.

I have nothing against you or any of the staff, but i find it strange that now, when I see it being done by one member who backs the war on terror, this problem of trolling comes up.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Muaddib]

Muaddib, well being a person that backs the war on terror and thus an advocate of the removal of Saddam Hussien, I understand the frustration that comes from incurring numerous liberal personal attacks. However, the friendly little nudge I gave skippy had not a thing to do with the relevent material posted but the second post calling out seemingly only those who would disagree to argue about it. A post meant ro draw or create hostility is trolling for an argument. Now, I will certainly agree that many post made by the liberal members on this board do this better than anyone and I sypathize. This staff does caution and also officially deal with trolls many times per day ..and most aren't even seen because they are removed before many members have a chance. This post was not removed and no action was taken. I have no problem with the topic, or with the material provided. I simply made a small gester about skippy's second post which contributed nothing to the topic and served to incite hostility.

Lets not be as thin in the skin as the liberal left, mmkay? One of the biggest problems people have with them is that they are easily offended by ever blessed little thing. Lets kinda rise about that if we can.

dh

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Anyway, to get away from appalling artwork of doubtful and unproven provenance, Saddam was merely a stooge opposition to the US, a tyrant to be sure, was whisked away as enduring chaos, mass murder and radiological poisoning was unleashed on the country
And nothing gained beyond a couple of cheap pictures
Great

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join