It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intersting find in Iraq.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Can I ask a question....just who here does know the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

until someone does, that painting might as well be an Archibald entry as far as i am concerned........

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
#1 Astrocreep: I am not trolling.

Please see my U2U on this issue.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If you want images of Arabs celebrating after 9/11 you do not have to provide a painting, all you have to see are the television news reports from Bagdad, Saudi Arabia. Egypt, Palestine etc. I am sure in all those places someone made a similar painting.

However we did not go after Saudi Arabia, Egypt or Palestine didn't we?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sgtjdc
If you want images of Arabs celebrating after 9/11 you do not have to provide a painting, all you have to see are the television news reports from Bagdad, Saudi Arabia. Egypt, Palestine etc. I am sure in all those places someone made a similar painting.

nope, bushco got oil companies in saudi arabia, egypt and palestine might be too hard.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I just came accross this, I wasnt able to find it here before so I appologize if its been posted already.

Look at this photo taken in early 2003 in Iraq.

I didnt agree with this war, and I certainly didnt vote for the guy who sent my brothers and sisters there. But after seeing this picture, Im not as against this thing as I once was...

WOW! You mean one single picture like this makes you change your mind about a war that has so far killed 120,000+ innocent Iraqis and 1500+ American soldiers? Talk about being easy to persuade! How come though that it's so hard to persuade you to understand that it was YOUR government that created the monster Saddam, and armed him to the teeth so that he could kill hundreds of thousands of Iranians, and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Kurds and Kuwaitis? The U.S. even gave Saddam the green light to invade Kuwait, and indicated to him that it wouldn't interfere. All those pictures of Iraqis being tortured and humiliated and psychologically scarred for life by U.S. soldiers didn't mean so much did they? They could easily be explained as the work of a fes disturbing elements in the U.S. armed forces. No, ofcourse the holy U.S. leaders and heroic commanders of your armed forces could never have ordered something so cruel.... nooooo, But a picture like this must have been the work of the Iraqi regime, and it doesn't cross your mind for a second that it just could be possible that some supporters of Saddam are responsible for this art work.... It wouldn't surprise me the least though if it was Saddam's propaganda department who were behind it, just as it wouldn't surprise me the least that the torture at Abu Ghraib prison was ordered from the very top.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sgtjdc

Those who danced in the streets were a tiny minority of extremists. Should we blame the entire American nation for a few KKK supporters who burn crosses in the U.S.? On the other hand there were many manifestations and demonstrations in support of the victims of WTC and against the terrorism in the Muslim world, but your TV and media in general were too busy showing 10-20 Palestinians dancing. And you know what? That scene with the 10-20 Palestinians dancing which FOX TV showed over and over again, was not even related to the 9/11 incident. It was taken long before 9/11, and this was brought to the attention of FOX by those who reacted against this vicious attempt by FOX to smear Muslims with their cheap and disgusting racist propaganda!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Um...Hello? Come on all you haters, where is your 2 cents?

Suprisingly silent.....

Just trying to figure out a nicer way of calling you pathetic for starting a thread, and then replying to it fifteen minutes later...demanding that people reply to you.

Nope, sorry. My thesaurus is failing me.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Actually, that painting was commissioned by Saddam in late 1999, shortly after the Illuminati inner council granted him the chemtrail franchise. Since he was still confined by the “no-fly” zones, this was an obvious insult from the Icelandic members who were still angry over Saddam’s role in the Marv Levy affair.

Note that Saddam is smoking a Cuban cigar!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siroos

WOW! You mean one single picture like this makes you change your mind about a war that has so far killed 120,000+ innocent Iraqis and 1500+ American soldiers?

According to iraqbodycount only 21 000-24 000 civilians died since the invasion., including terorist attacks. So please stop posting nonsense about hundreds thousand dead inocent Iraqis.
Please note that this is not pro govt site.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
What is this 'haters' foolishness?
What is this '90% here are left-wing' sillyness?

Let's look at some serious facts.
Are people here really supposed to be surprised that after having been attacked - by his ex-allies, the USA (and UK) - regularly in the 10yrs or so following gulf war mk1 that Saddam & Co. would have anti-US attitudes?

I'm pretty sure Saddam was a horrible person but I have seen nothing to connect him to 9/11 in any serious way (and this painting certainly does not do that either).

I'm glad he's gone but I remain unconvinced that his removal was worth the several 10s of thousand (if not hundreds of thousand) innocent Iraqis it has taken to do that nor that it is worth the decades of regional (and global) instability it has caused.

(Who knows what the true figure of innocent Iraqi dead is cos up until now no-one has been counting, best guesses is all we have.......and how reliable are any of them?)

Now if that is somehow to 'hate the USA' etc etc blah blah blah then you work away.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Interesting picture, this is only my opinion but the background of this photo does not look like Iraq. Having never been to Iraq I’m only guessing.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow

Originally posted by Siroos

WOW! You mean one single picture like this makes you change your mind about a war that has so far killed 120,000+ innocent Iraqis and 1500+ American soldiers?

According to iraqbodycount only 21 000-24 000 civilians died since the invasion., including terorist attacks. So please stop posting nonsense about hundreds thousand dead inocent Iraqis.
Please note that this is not pro govt site.

Thanks for the link longbow kind of hard to argue with the figures and their online data base since it is based on facts posted in the
news not conjecture, uslessthetoric from an unknown person in cyberspace who cannot show anything that will back up there false claims of `150,000

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Interesting picture, this is only my opinion but the background of this photo does not look like Iraq. Having never been to Iraq I’m only guessing.

What I find odd in the picture you see the shadows in the foreground and you would assume the arms of one of them would be in the position of someone holding a camera, but that is not the case. That alone makes me wonder if this is a photochopped imagine.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
Just trying to figure out a nicer way of calling you pathetic for starting a thread, and then replying to it fifteen minutes later...demanding that people reply to you.

Well, calling somebody "pathetic" is a personal attack and thats against the TOS. As always, I report personal attacks.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735

Well, calling somebody "pathetic" is a personal attack and thats against the TOS. As always, I report personal attacks.

Let me help you out Brimstone: piteous, pitiable, saddening, touching, distressing, heartrending, and sad.

Skippytjc, tis better to not attempt to reply to Brimstone with a less than witty comeback so as to not get taken to the woodshed repeatedly.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeah, because of this painting, painted by who knows who, for who knows what reason, the illegal invasion of Iraq is justified.

Too bad the rest of the world doesn't share your simplistic, infantile views.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Let me help you out Brimstone: piteous, pitiable, saddening, touching, distressing, heartrending, and sad.

Skippytjc, tis better to not attempt to reply to Brimstone with a less than witty comeback so as to not get taken to the woodshed repeatedly.

Peace

Well Dr, I dont lower myself to "comebacks" and name calling. Its not what I am about. I follow the TOS as best I can as I want to continue my usage of these boards. Even though the subject matter of my posts on this thread may amuse some of you, or even drive you to personal attacks, I still dont lower myself to that level. You see, personal attacks are the last resort of an uneducated person. Its simple name calling. Of course Dr, YOUR reply wasnt a personal attack....Or was it?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
According to my sources at Langley, this was the painter:

The painter is now deceased with apparent blunt trauma possibly caused by a blow to the head with an easel.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

...Of course Dr, YOUR reply wasnt a personal attack....Or was it?

Not really, but you were trolling.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't read the entire thread. My fault.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by curme]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join