It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A rocket i think seen over london?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Last night on the 1st may 2005, i was out in my garden and i looked west and see quite an unbelievable thing. At first looked like a normal plane, untill i noticed the speed of it and how it changed direction, not unconventionally, but more like a rocket or missile. The speed was incredible, and the trajectory just like a missile or rocket, heading straight out of the atmosphere.

I even called my mum to witness it too, and she was as stunned as me. This kind of thing does not normall happen, i think over london, and is quite worrying! Please someone enlighten me on what actually occured, and if they happen to see it themselfs, living near by?

[edit on 2-5-2005 by veritas 7]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
By the way this happened at approx 8.25pm.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Did you see any pronounced smoke trails?

it could be a test of a new military missile, possibly ICBM?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The only Nukes we have are based on our trident missile subs. also we have a handful of freefall nuke bombs and artillery shells.

Ive never heard the UK having a launch platform for space rockets either.

We do have Patriot style anti missile missile system but thatrs it.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yes there was smoke tralis, but they was not anything that looked out of place. Would obviously love to know what the hell it was! Cannot believe we actually see it. And by the way it was not dark and clear as anything to see. You think they would have done it at night!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
is there a posibility that this was a model rocket? only you know what you saw, but it could be a possibility. i have seen some that are quite large.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
No way was it a model. the speed was incredible, but also did not seem to be that loud. There was also many planes in the sky at the time, as i live near the flght path to both Heathrow, and Gatwick airports.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
The only Nukes we have are based on our trident missile subs. also we have a handful of freefall nuke bombs and artillery shells.

Ive never heard the UK having a launch platform for space rockets either.

We do have Patriot style anti missile missile system but thatrs it.

Actually we use to have our own space program, and we had a launch site in Cumbria! It looks like the kind of thing at cape canavril!!! this was in the 50's and it was used to laucnh nuclear missiles..but the rocket was capable of going into space... On one of the tests, it acutally looked like an apollo launch, with the cameras and stuff!! can't believe that actually happened in cumbria, england.

top topics

join