It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case for Rendlesham

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
My guess is that the thread mentioned was closed due to the original, opening post simply being a link to a You-Tube vid, with zero comment by the original poster... (I didn't close it, so can only speculate on the motive)...

Still though, myself, I wouldn't have locked it, but maybe just given kind of a nudge to the poster to please provide their own thoughts on it, etc. vs. just providing a link.

I would agree that thread had nothing to offer regards preamble or content and would have chosen to contribute to yours no question but in this instance I think a little more information could of been forthcoming when closing the thread for the sake of consistency and leaving posters and readers to speculate why as nothing is learnt.

Just my tuppence worth.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I feel that the whole Bentwaters/Rendlesham case is the smoking gun of UFO incidents, for everything that transpired during the event and the credibility of the multiple eyewitnesses that were there.

Its probably my favorite UFO case.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

---

Absolutely concur. Followed the case for years, since ret staff Sgt Penniston came out with his stuff. There is no more 'Roswell'. As there is the biggest AF incident already acknowledged (ret. Col. Halt's UK MoD Memo) as substantiated/supported by the USAF.

All this alone crushes all that older USAF stuff. And now (thanks to people such as Linda Moulton Howe), put together most of the pieces through 12/80 AF personnel at Rendlesham between 12/26--12/29, as well as early 1981.

This one's the US Gov 'nut to crack' in my opinion. 'No a USA Security Threat' doesn't crack it. But there's a memo and an admission. Work with it!! Move it along.

Decoy

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Can I ask

when did Lt Col Halt become Col. I just wondered when he was promoted. At the time of the incident he was Lt Col.

Also Penniston - when was he promoted from Staff Sergeant.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I do have some problems with this case and here are a few of them:

The original report made out by Sgt Penniston make no reference to the writing he allegedly saw. He also claims to have been a few hundred feet away from the object in that same report. Later on, he talks of walking up and touching the object.

On a documentary where he is shown with the notes he took on the day of the alleged encounter, the pages are yellowing with age, but the page with the symbols written on are white.

While I do believe they saw a possible unknown object, much of the details now often associated with this case have been embellished.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
I do have some problems with this case and here are a few of them:

The original report made out by Sgt Penniston make no reference to the writing he allegedly saw. He also claims to have been a few hundred feet away from the object in that same report. Later on, he talks of walking up and touching the object.

The problems go much deeper than that. Penniston and Burroughs tell completely different stories, yes they were supposedly together. One or both of them is /are lying:

en.wikipedia.org...

Jim Penniston and John Burroughs went to investigate the craft together. However, there is a major inconsistency in separate interviews of Jim Penniston and John Burroughs. In an interview with Larry King on 9 November 2007, Jim Penniston claimed that he did a 45 minutes full investigation of the craft on the ground, touched the craft and took photos of the craft. However, in a separate interview in Robert Stack's Unsolved Mysteries, John Burroughs described that after suddenly encountering the craft on the ground, "we all hit the ground, and it went up into the trees". The interviews with Jim Penniston and John Burroughs have subsequently been made available on Youtube.[22][23]

And there's the problem with Col Halt's audio recording. This is the recording edited to add beeps at 5 second intervals, same as the interval of the lighthouse light:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Not the old lighthouse explanation yet again. That one has been well and truly buried by someone actually bothering to do a proper investigation on it.

www.rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Agreed. There are better investigations. The trouble with wikipedia in this case is they take heavy reference from ian ridpath. Ridpaths transcript of the tape is actually floored. I can hear other stuff on I and next week will attempt to correct it to the best of my equipments ability. I have also found a couple of other people who wee there and that may take longer if thier email addresses are now invalid. Also have some conflicting info re the geiger counter. Will post when I put it all together.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Well john burrow (or however you spell his name) changed his story 3 times and COL halt sounds like a flat out liar...I do believe that aliens have been here for a while and maybe more than one race...but this seems like bored guys making up stories.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by NWOWILLFALL]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

tbh the light house theory fits very well if you have ever been to the location , seen the light house , seen the radio ariels with red lights , and have read the descriptions and listened to the radio on mp3 at night...in the area near the farm house......and realise that the light at the time was 3 times as bright and more orange and did not have the same size rear reflector which is so often quoted as being why it couldnt possibly be the light house.

I actually believe it started as a prank by the space rescue team using the mock apollo recue vehicle used in the drills, I am looking for the pic of the device now and its "feet"

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

sry that reference says the light is actually brighter now , wheareas trinity lighthouses say is is a lot dimmer , and has a larger rwar reflector?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

I lived in the area for 6 months, not long before the sighting, through work. The lighthouse explanation does not hold up at all and yes I've looked for myself. What's more the guy who came up with the theory admitted on film, recently, he was wrong when he was taken to the site by Halt himself.

I've pointed it out before. To my knowledge, in the winter of 1980, there were at least 2 other sightings commensurate with the Rendlesham case elsewhere in Britain. That is, an object, either landed or hovering very close to the ground, of a similar description.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hello there , I to went there for a while , however ,I can see how it may have been mistaken , Also trinity house says the lighthouse is dimmer now , so how come the source saying it cant be possible says it is brighter?

A very intresting case, I have found out the rescue team were based there at the time in question , Are you going to the anniversary of the event this year ?

Ahhy here we go

The 920th Rescue Wing provides emergency medical, rescue and recovery support for all space shuttle and rocket launches. www.920rqw.afrc.af.mil...

"The capsule, listed in the Smithsonian's Web database as: "Boilerplate, Command Module, Apollo, #1206," was used in England by U.S. Air Force rescue personnel in the 67th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron at RAF Woodbridge to train in recovery operations for both the Apollo and Skylab programs.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by gambon]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Blimey it's 30 years ago this year...might well get to anything organised.

My problem with any of the prosaic explanations is simple. If the MOD, or the USAF, had anything so simple to offer as an explanation, they would have done it.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I read that if the british public realised those in charge of the security of a nuclear base where drunk in charge , capable of overreaction ,and indeed prone to playing "pranks" on each other ,

it would create a huge swell in cnd/ anti usa nukes in britain support , so any way of keeping this quiet was good at the time..

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Not the old lighthouse explanation yet again. That one has been well and truly buried by someone actually bothering to do a proper investigation on it.

www.rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

I didn't say the lighthouse explained everything. I merely presented an edited copy of Col. Halt's recording with beeps at 5 second intervals and noted that 5 seconds is the lighthouse frequency. Which I noticed you never really addressed the beeps versus the lighthouse frequency. Just a coincidence?

I think more than just the lighthouse had to be going on to explain everything, and as the other part of my post indicated, clearly some of the stories are fabricated to some extent.

The only claim I make about the lighthouse is that I DON'T think it's just coincidence the 5 second beeps correspond exactly with the sightings of the flashing light, so for that part of the case only, the lighthouse seems like the most probable explanation. The lighthouse doesn't explain how Penniston touched and photographed a craft for 45 minutes. But the other guy who was there with Penniston doesn't even agree with that version of events.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hi

Well I have listened to the tape over a hundred times now. I have looked at about 7 different transcripts from Ridpaths lazy version to several more accurate ones, but still the accuracy has been a a bit shoddy.

I used some good quality headphones, a sony laptop and a free sound editing programme obtainable from here: audacity.sourceforge.net...

The transcripts I have seen have left out key phrases, occurrences, and factors which change the whole context of the situation. I have found that there are many more breaks in the recording than previously noted. This allows for huge amounts of context to be lost. "thats a vaguer reading" never has made sense. But it's beta reading. Followed up with, the beta shield has been removed. Although this was pointed out in Ridpaths transcript, its one of the only times he actually gets the significant detail right. The reason this is significant is because they were getting a beta reading from something. A significant reading, and as beta only has enough energy to travel meters, then you can assume it was either very close, or very powerful.

Anyhow the transcript is now 9 pages long on Word - so its grown. I cannot post it here but will email anyone with a copy who U2U's me. I will also send the sound file I used if it will fit on the email.

It has to be said, that you do need to listen with headphones and I would even go as far as to say that you need to use the in your ear ones for extra clarity. I am still listening to it but the detail is in the back ground sounds.

Also in the first line of the text it says - LT COLONEL HALT: 150 feet or more from the initial, I should say suspected impact point. Having a little difficulty, we can't get the light-all to work. There seems to be some kind of mechanical problem. Gonna send back, get another light-all. Meantime, we're gonna take some readings from the Geiger counter, and err, chase around the area a little bit waiting for another light-all to come back in.

This begs the question if it was the initial, what came after that. Add to that the revelation and surprise on the SCIFI channels documentary when they return HALT and PENNISTON to the site and say "ok lets look at the landing site" and they both head off for different places. Halt looks stunned and says "well this is where security took me". So already we know that security had been at the site and perhaps a different site. Now PENNISTON took the casts of the pod markings. Yet HALT measured them and got readings. If they had been the same sight, radiation would have left traces but contamination would have left some also. If something gets irradiated it will become radioactive itself if the source is powerful enough. i.e. the iron particles in the soil. If some contamination was present on the landing gear it would have rubbed off on the soil as well. PENNISTON's casting would have lifted the contamination off. So the readings would have been far less. So to get these types of readings from the same site as PENNISTONS the site would have to bee what we in the trade call - leaping. If the sites were different, the readings are still high. NOT background.

After listening to the tape as many times as I have and transcribed it as they say it, not correcting their spelling I can safely say the lighthouse theory is very laughable. The lights are reported very early on in the tape. Its in the background though. Whats odd is that it took HALT so long to deal with them. But his tone of voice at first betrays his frustration with what he at first believes is rubbish and it changes from "sigh ffs" to OMG. you can watch the SCIFI doc here: www.youtube.com... its in 9 parts and is the best one I have seen so far.

U2U me if you want a transcripts emailed to you. I will of course need your email.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Stormwind™]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Hope some of this is of interest S&F OP

Link to the transcript and full 18 minutes tape: www.rendlesham-incident.co.uk... This is the cut version of Col. Charles Halt´s tape which he recorded during the UFO incident that took place in Rendlesham Forest and on the US airforce bases Bentwaters and Woodbridge in dec.1980. Col. Charles Halt used the tape recorder to document important moments and details during their investigation that lasted over several hours that night. The total lenght of the tape is 18 minutes but this version has been shortened into 6 minutes in order to fit into youtube. It starts just before Charles Halt´s team´s first sighting and ends when they are back at the base.

Trans script of the full 18mins tape link below
Transcript of Tape

A history of the tape

It is interesting how Halt said 'suspected impact point' as if an object had crashed into the forest, I suppose this is what led researchers in the early years to suspect that the unknown object had actually crashed into the forest; we now know this to be incorrect. Although there have been rumours about 'craters', none have ever been found and none of the witnesses have spoken of a real 'crash'.

Lt. Colonel Halt carried a handheld tape recorder, he used it to make notes which he could then replay later on. Colonel Halt picked up two blank tapes, although he has claimed that he only used one which would hold about twenty minutes of audio. It is possible that the tape is edited. Halt initially denied that Sgt. Adrian Bustinza was with his patrol, but his voice can be clearly heard on the tape, see 'Bustinza requests light-alls' above. Halt later admitted that Bustinza 'could have been' with his patrol'. Bustinza along with Battram and Warren claim that they found a landed object in the field outside Rendlesham Forest, I believe Halt had a good reason for denying that Bustinza was with him - maybe there really was a landed object. In 1999, while speaking to Georgina Bruni (author of "You Can't Tell The People") Halt admitted that he had 4-5 hours of tape relating to the incident that she or no one else would ever be able to hear, although he said that these were recorded after the incident.

One of the most important points about the tape, which has been over-looked many times, is that the animals in the forest and on a nearby farm go into a 'frenzy' only seconds before the UFO is spotted. In my opinion, this is too much of a coincidence. I had previously said, "of course the forest's animals would have been disturbed - there were numerous men running around the forest, they were shouting had bright flashlights."However now I think I was wrong to say this. Here is the section of the tape in question:

Lt. Colonel Halt: 01.48. We're hearing some strange sounds out of the farmers... Sgt. Nevilles: Twenty eight....seven... (still operating the geiger counter) Lt. Colonel Halt: barnyard animals. They're very, very active and making an awful lot of noise. Sgt. Nevilles: definite pigmentation. (Lt Englund spotted the light first, he shouts to Halt) Lt. Colonel Halt: You saw a light? Slow down. Where, where? Sgt. Nevilles (spots UFO too): Right on this position here. Straight ahead in between the trees.

There is no break in the tape. There are only seconds between the point where the animals are heard going into a 'frenzy' and the point where the UFO is spotted. Is this evidence of a UFO physically interacting with the surrounding environment? The Halt Tape was first given to UFO researchers Harry Harris and Dot Street by Colonel Conrad in 1984 - he found the tape in his office, the office had been Halt's a short while before. Since then, many copies were made. Most were of low quality, on some Halt's voice is almost impossible to understand. We now have the original, which digital copies were made from - it is much clearer and allows most background conversation to be heard.

Source

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
30 Year Brit UFO tapes released - FINALLY!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

6 minutes of tape
www.thesun.co.uk...

www.crowdedskies.com...
edit on 3-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It seems the commander of the base Colonel Conrad believes it might be a hoax. He believes that the men did actually see something out there but had been victims of a hoax. He even gos on to criticize Lt. Halt for blaming the US and UK on a cover up.
Rendlesham Incident: US commander speaks for the first time about the 'Suffolk UFO'

I'm not sure who to believe but there were too many people involved to just discount it.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Reece because: url fixed

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join