It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wendell Stevens books

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Is it worth it to buy his old books ?
I mean the "Preliminary" or the "Supplementary" report ?
I am still doing my own research on this case since i am not convinced yet that "Billy" was proved to be a hoax.The debunking attempts that i've read so far don't stand up to my logic yet.As for the pictures,i won't say that they are the most important.I want to take the time to actually read what he's got to say.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I havent heard of those books can you tell me what they are about

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Helo gothica91

Go here : www.billymeier.com... to find a brief descprition of them.
The fact that they were published in such a small number makes them hard to find and rather expensive.
When i have started looking into this subject,i thought that the best way is to start with the..beginning

I couldn't find so far anything (or anyone) to debunk the information presented in there.If there is serious debunking info regarding these books i would like to know about it.
If you want more information about them,like ISBN and such,let me know and i'll post it.
I've bought the "Ufo contact from the Pleiades...a Preliminary investigation report" and now i am after the the second one.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have not read Mr Stevens' books but have been in touch with him, as he's in a lot of others' books dealing in ufology. Mr Stevens' also been interviewed by quite a few investigative programs in the same subject.

Most of all his time as Col in USAF while located in Alaska WWII. The man eventually in modern times received ridicule and other things and was silenced I think. He has knowledge of William Englishs' tribulations and that's a shocker in itself.

Dallas

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well. i know that Mr.Stevens was in jail too for child molestation.But that has nothing to do with the info written in these books.I'm just trying to get a feeling or an opinion from somebody else who might've read them.I am just researching this case for my own benefit looking at the both sides of the coin.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

He has knowledge of William Englishs' tribulations and that's a shocker in itself.

Dallas

BTW,who is this William English and what he wants ?

Could you give me a link to something to read about it ? Thx.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I cannot tell you too much about Mr English. But I will suggest where you can find the reading on Bill..

Peter Brooksmith - The Government Files.

Its best that you read for yourself than someone give details of something and in a ime that would amaze all. Respectfully..

Dallas

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thank You Dallas.
Yes,that is exactly how i like to do it.Get a book if possible,or other links to a certain subject instead of hearing only one opinion from someone

I will look into it.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Want a good book. Pick up a copy of "Exempt from Disclosure" by Robert Collins and Rick Doty. Hard to find, but great new information...

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
Hard to find, but great new information...

New information about the Meier's case or in general ?
I am trying to absorb way too much information right now

Did a quick search on all the usual suspects (amazon,abe,etc.)Could not find it yet.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
An old post, apologies I missed this while it was fresh.

"The debunking attempts that I've read so far don't stand up to my logic yet. " == Bursuc

In my personal opinion, no serious investigator is well armed without a complete reading of
Sherlock Holmes. The Canon's of Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle are completely readable online now.

221bakerstreet.org... (Complete canon of Conan Doyle)

When dealing with testimonials, any competent ability for inquiry will serve you well indeed.

"I cannot tell you too much about Mr English. But I will suggest where you can find the reading on Bill..

Peter Brooksmith - The Government Files" == Dallas

How about a strange suggestion for you believers out there ? Instead of going bent for leather down the
yellow brick road, try some of the skeptic sites. After the Canon's of Doyle, you should be able to
use your basic inquiry training to attack their logic. If you cannot at least do that, you are doomed to
keep discussing such topics as the shape shifting royals and how the 1938 Orson Well's broadcast was a real invasion.

(Not intended as a putdown, as I won a bet over those. Hey guys, you ain't gonna believe what the folks on this site are
discussing.........)

But I was quoting Dallas. Hey Dallas, here is the Bill English story with skeptic comments.
Pay close attention to the skeptic comments.

www.skepticfiles.org...

(Your mission should you choose to accept it, is to logically refute this skeptics logic. As usual, this post will
self destruct in 30 seconds.)

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Instead of going bent for leather down the
yellow brick road, try some of the skeptic sites.

This is such excellent advice, that I felt the need to reiterate it. A true "good" UFO case must logically outweigh the arguments the skeptics put forth, to remain solid. For any of my case study posts, sites such as skepticfiles, csicop, etc. are an excellent reference to see what's been said by skeptics on a particular case.

All to often, the skeptics make an accusation, but then don't further investigate, or show the reader the details. For example, in the Hill case, csicop mentions the Outer Limits episode with an alien with wrap-around eyes, but fails to show the reader what the alien in the show looked like, compared to that the Hills witnessed. Left at that, the reader is likely to assume they are identical, whereas if one compares the Hill drawing to the alien of the show, they are quite different indeed.

PS-I think the original poster has a different outlook these days on Meier, but I could be wrong...

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hehe Gazrock,

I don't think i ever said i believe Meier..i have started this thread at the time when i joined the forum because i did a search on this topic and couldn't find anything.This said,my original question was about the books,not if you people believe or not the whole case.To make the stupidity even bigger( my own stupidity i mean) i went ahead and bought the two first ever books written on the subject.At some rather expensive prices i might add.Why?
Because i thought that if i want to make up my mind the ONLY valid information is the old info,written as close as possible to the time where the alleged eveniments took place.I do not trust electronic info,and pictures are ok but not the answer.
As for me believing in this case or not,i still didn't make up my mind.I wish i had your determination on this one.The only thing i try is to find my own answer,and maybe i will never say that is a totally Yes or No.
See,i've asked a number of times,and i've stopped because nobody answered.The question was simple : did you or did you not read these books,and what do you think about the information there.Simple.Instead,people pointed me to other things,each to support his opinion,but none answered me.So,i will let this one die,and keep reading about this case and a lot other on my own without asking questions.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing

221bakerstreet.org... (Complete canon of Conan Doyle)

nightwing,i've tried the link but it's dead.have another one ?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Mr Steven's for real. He's also a retired Airforce Col and has done many interviews over the last twenty or so years dealing with things relating to Discs and other. Knowone should discount this Ret Col and his knowledge of his own Alaska experiences or his further knowledge of accounts such as William English's extreme events.

Dallas

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
nightwing,i've tried the link but it's dead.have another one ? == Bursuc

It seems to be working fine. I just tried it with both IE and Firefox. It does
take a bit of time to come in so there may be a bandwidth issue there. Are
you on a slow connection ? I have some other references but I suspect they
would act the same for you. If it just hangs, hit stop and then refresh. Uh
apology, I just made an assumption. What are you trying to obtain this site
with. Program and version?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
nightwing

I'm on highspeed.Tried it with both IE (latest version) and Firefox.
The link you gave is a redirect to stealthboy.dydns.org... which it looks to me to be a private home page of an user.Possibly to be off line or deleted already.
A traceroute to that site points to a tucows server.The IP address of this site is not valid.
Did you copied corectly the address on your original post ?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
"The link you gave is a redirect ." = Bursuc

Uh...not quite. Its a hosted frame page that calls from a separate page. I suspect this was done to
avoid bandwidth charges from the primary service as the books load probably from a personal server or friends server. I
have seen this a lot lately so I suspect its a money saver for some.

"The IP address of this site is not valid" = Bursuc

Sure it is. Try it without the typo. Thats dyndns, not dydns. Here :

stealthboy.dyndns.org...

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I suppose we might be talking diferent matters.. But I warn the matters Iv'e been engaged in discussing re English set Ufology in a new field. Being supported by a retired Airforce Col sets a tone beyond Above Top Secret - sir.

Dallas

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
"But I warn the matters Iv'e been engaged in discussing re English set Ufology in a new field." == Dallas

OK, I'll bite. I luv intrigue and drama. But not here, that would be hi-jacking Bursuc's original forum.

Besides, think of the suspense as this part of the topic dissappears. I am willing to discuss further by
U2U or you can email me. The ATS user list still carries a good address. You do know that I am
not a UFO believer ? However, I suspect I could provide strong logical challenges for you whether
you are a skeptic or a believer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join