It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Worldwide cancer rates 'double'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Reports have shown cancer rates have doubled from 1975, Cancer Research UK says it's because people are living longer. And older people are normally affected by the disease. The most commonly diagnosed cancer is lung cancer, there are approximately 1.4 million new cases each year. They're where less than 600,000 cases diagnosed in 1975. Brest cancer is now more than 1.1 million cases compared to 500,000 cases diagnosed in 1975.

news.bbc.co.uk
Developing world warning
Since 1975, the world's population has grown from around four billion to an estimated 6.3 billion.
The proportion of the global population aged 60 or more currently stands at 10%, but is predicted to increase to 22% by 2050, Cancer Research says.
For the UK, the report showed that even though the overall incidence of cancer was rising, death rates were falling thanks to earlier diagnosis and better treatment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I really think they will never find a cure for cancer there’s just to much money being made, why would they give that up. I don't mean to be callus about people's feelings I have lost family to cancer, it's just my opinion.

Related News Links:
society.guardian.co.uk
www.heraldsun.news.com.au

[edit on 29/4/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well, yeah, youre right. Its like AIDS too. They are two big medical cash cows to ensure the medical industrial complex always has a steady cash flow.

But just how extensive are these figures? Do they apply to the third world as well?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I feel we are going to see much higher numbers because of depleted uranium spread all over.

Snip
But increases in incidence of the disease is predicted over the next 20 years in areas of the world where smoking prevalence has increased - such as eastern Africa, central America and south east Asia.

[edit on 29/4/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
18 counties in New Jersey fail EPA air quality standards, California's Air Quality is 400% over the EPA safe are limits.

Chlorine byproducts in tap water (ie, even if you don't drink it, you bathe in it, and cook with it), have been shown to cause infertilty and cancer.

Then they will blame smoking...its such a farce, especially when they tell you "people are living longer". How the hell are all these smokers living longer, magic cigarettes?

2 Million American's die of Leukemia each year, ie, blood cancer.
Including children, who never smoked.

I agree, we will never see a "cure" for cancer, and DU will cause more of it.
Its my theory, the use of DU by our troops is intented to kill the leaders of tomorrow who might someday gain clout in politics due to their service. They won't have that opportunity, they will be destroyed from the inside out before they reach 40 years old.

new topics

top topics

join