It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guided Meditations....your thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is my first post, so first let me say "hi" to everyone....."Hi."

Anyway, when i meditate, i often use a tape or cd. I was just wondering , for those of you out there that meditate, if you use any type of guided meditations.

If you do, what are they, do you prefere one over the other? Ofcource not trying to promote or sell anything. But, have you used any from say.....like Valley of the sun (Dick Sutphen), or Quantum Quests (Jonathan Parker) or any from the Monroe Institute?....or some other ones? What are they?

Just wondering, pros....cons...thoughts...

Thanks!

[edit on 28-4-2005 by SpectreWithin]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
welcome to the board.

When i meditate, i dont listen to anything. I make sure that it is as quiet as possible, and i think myself through the meditation, as i find that any outside noise will only hinder my progress.

Maybe i will try some of them that you just listed and see how it goes though!

in any case, i hope your stay at ATS is pleasant!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
welcome to ATS

Don't be discouraged if you don't get too many replies, we have discussed many topics covering all aspects of meditation here. I've saved the search for you, so that you can peruse these topics at your leisure

well I tried to save the search it didn't work

just go here

type in Mediation and change the date range to the beginning

[edit on 4-28-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I listen to a cd similar to Hemi-sync but made by a different vender. It isn’t really a verbally “guided” meditation—it just sounds like rainfall or static. But it uses binaural beat technology to help ease your brainwaves into a slower frequency.

The use of modern technology to help with the age-old spiritual quest is a fascinating topic. There are quite a variety of approaches, from “mind machines” to cds to sensory isolation float tanks. I see it as just a continuation of an ancient tradition that has always used sound, rhythm, flickering light, ritual, dance, prayer, mandalas or a host of other techniques.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I tried guided tapes very early on and found them not to be effective, for me. I do however know others who use them very successfully.

From time to time I use a couple of fantastic eastern gong CD’s when I find if difficult to create quiet. I suffer from tinnitus and some days are worse than others so concentration can be hard. Usually, I find light therapy works best for me.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
meditation is a very personal thing what may work for one ay not work for another, i personaly dont use tapes and stuff but if it works for some one else go for it. i use the door method

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I've heard that this is one of the best guided meditations around..

Sphinx of Imagination

This is also a very good one

Kundalini Activator

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
When I first began the practice, however, I was fortunate enough to be able to work one on one with a very experienced lady who guided me with her voice and with certain imagery that she would weave for me.

Others who are unaccustomed to the practice of meditation have found my voice and the images that I can give them to be very helpful in the process.

I suppose that tapes work well for many people, but a live human guide is able to see how you are doing, to sort of feel where you are going, and adjust accordingly.

top topics

join