It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Saw SW3, it was a Bummer!(Spoiler)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Friend d/l the movie and we watched it in a little Star Wars Marathon. It isn't as good as Episode V, but far better then Episodes I and II. Have to put it next to Episode IV, for it like it in so many ways. In E4 you have Skywalker learning about the force, in E3 you have a dif. Skywalker learn about the dark side of the force. In E4 you have the "rallying" of the people, in E3 you have the "rallying" of the Jedi. But do admit the graphics and such were better in E3.

Won't give details since someone who will not be named threatened to kill me if I even told him a single line of the movie. He camped out for a couple days to get tickets and was pissed he could only get tickets to the second showing and not the first for those were sold out already, and figure there might be some on here who feel the same way.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What do you mean by "Bummer"? Tear Jerker? Depressing? Or just plain Horrible? I liked Episode IV allthough V was my favorite. I really hope it's on par with at least ONE movie from the original Trilogy then I will walk away happy.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Depressing Bummer. See all the cool dudes get killed but for a select few, sad. And that it means maybe no more new SW films. Maybe be more, there are plenty of SW books, read some, really cool.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Depressing Bummer. See all the cool dudes get killed but for a select few, sad. And that it means maybe no more new SW films. Maybe be more, there are plenty of SW books, read some, really cool.

Like the Grand Admiral Thrawn series? I would LOVE it if they made that into an Animated Series. Can't get Harrison Ford et al to do it, I doubt they would be interested heh. Okay so it's a Tear Jerker, I'm okay with that as long as I get to see vader kill some people(not Anakin)

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
wow a copy leaked already, i saw episode 2 couple of weeks before the premier, but it needed a couple of touch ups on the effects. I remember downloading the hulk and it's had some basic stand in (really low level graphics) in but I least I saw it before 95% of the people, lol. do u know where ep III is available, kazaa, ect...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Friend uses Lime Wire for everything. It fun, don't have to buy movies, just give him some blank DvDs and tell him which movies I want. Or hell, with Stargate Atlantis or whatever, they were on episode 5 on sci fi, and he had every episode.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
yeah I use kazaa alot to get movies and tv shows, I saw battle star galactica when it ran in england, I dont have time to watch much tv (original airdates) or go to the movies so I end up downloading most of the shows I regularly watch, I got my brother in smallville by burning him the first 2 seasons of it before the 3 one started. but my harddrive is kinda pack right now till I get my new pc in a week or so, I had limewire a few years ago got to get that back as soon as my new pc is running.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Does Vader lose any more limbs?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I would tell you, but I think it falls under the "NOOO!!!! I waited in line wearing a diaper for 3 days to get tickets! DIE!" category. But hint, think about it, he is moslty machine in episode 4, and not in episdoe 2, so, one can assume..........(this way I can't be lynched by a herd of virgins, I mean star war fans)

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If you really want to know, check out this site. They're supposed to have the whole plot script on there somewhere. www.supershadow.com...

James the Lesser, maybe you could check that out and just give a "yay" or "nay" on the whether the script on that site and the movie are the same? Either way, its only a little under 2 weeks away from hitting the theaters.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Do you have any idea? These people are nuts! These people dress up as yoda, IN PUBLIC! For days, wearing diapers, for tickets! It would be like telling the Matrix sequel to people dressed up as Neo outside a movie theater before the movie came out, IE SUICIDE!

Yes it is a bummer, yes Anakin becomes Darth, no not all the Jedi die, yes it sucks they get slaughtered, no I don't want a bunch of virgins, I mean star war fans, lynching me. There was a local story about people waiting in line, and had Yoda's, Darths, Windus, Wookies, all IN PUBLIC! How sad is that? Lord of the Jews.(This way I can stop quoting Dennis Leary, just modify his Lord of the dance joke)

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The (real) reviews are starting to come in.

So far everyone seems to be in agreement that this is one of the best if not the best one of the series.
Here's a few of them:
www.rottentomatoes.com...

Less than two weeks

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
With the last 2 being set-ups for this one, it better be good. From the little bits I've read, most people that have seen it liked it. Personally, I didn't really care for the last two. The only thing I like about 'em was Ray Park aka Darth Maul. IMO, with his background in martial arts, he put all other fight scenes in Star Wars to shame.

Maybe I've been spoiled by Hong Kong style action but I'd be drooling over a film with actors like Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Ray Park, Zhang Ziyi, Ernie Reyes Jr., Michelle Yeoh, Jackie Chan, or Wesley Snipes in a Star Wars setting with Woo Ping directing the action. Think about it. Alot of Hong Kong action shows incredible things, things that could be explained by "The Force" in a Star Wars movie. [/dream]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
HAhah Lesser i dont know who told yyou they would kill ya but i second that motion. PLEASE NO SPOILERS. If i do see a spoiler and i know more info then i want to it will be a dark day on ats and i might fall to the dark side.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
hey quicksilver..........The Sith win and take over the galaxy...........Oops oh I thought u said u wanted spoilers, lol..........trying to be funny don't think it came out that way without really spoiling anything.......

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Ok, not really, for most fans will be aware that given this movie's timeframe, certain things HAVE to happen...

1. Amidalla gets pregnant.
2. Amidalla and Aniken split before the babies are born.
3. She has the twins.
4. She dies.
5. Luke is sent to live on Tatooine (with the couple from Episode I)
6. Leia is sent to live with Bail Organna on Alderaan (also from Episode I)
7. Aniken and Obi Wan duel. Obi Wan lives, Aniken falls into some lava and comes out a "new man".
8. The Jedi must all be exterminated (minus Yoda and Obi Wan of course).
9. Palpatine becomes Emperor.
10. Aniken becomes Vader (probably in closing scenes).

How can you really give ANY spoilers to TRUE fans? They will be fully aware of ALL of this ahead of time?

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
10. Aniken becomes Vader (probably in closing scenes).

This part is dissapointing to me. I would love to see Vader wrecking havoc on the galaxy and watch as he causes all to bow to the Emporer. Why do they always have to cut out the good parts? Maybe they'll make Episode 3½

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm sure they'll have SOME kind of action with Vader in the full getup....

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm sure they'll have SOME kind of action with Vader in the full getup....

your correct sir...

you WILL see vader action...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
As my dear fried Eric Cartman would say...

SWEET!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join