It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draining Loch Ness?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Nessie is really an Ansethor Scout Ship, so it won't be there when the loch is drained. It'll go back into its hidden undergound Ansethor recon bunker.

See? You knew there was a rational explanation.....

Icke would be proud...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
To drain the loch would be impossible as the loch is actually deeper than its outlet the river ness(to the best of my knowledge!) so It could only be partially drained. To drain it partially would not mean building a lot of dams though, its as simple as closing all the canal locks at the southern end and opening all the locks on the northern side if the loch. You would still have the flow of water coming off the hills into the loch but I am sure this would be the best way to go about it.I have seen the canals drained for maintenance so im sure this could also be done with the loch.
But why would we want to drain the loch and hunt this creature down?(If it really does exist) To do so would probably mean killing it by destroying its habitat. Has the human race not already killed off thousands of species by hunting them to extinction, can we not learn from our mistakes? We have already had one nutter who wanted to dynamite the loch a few years ago, and this was thankfully stopped.
Hopefully one day we will be given an answer to the big loch ness debate but until then I am happy just hoping that she really does exist.
Maybey one day when we are civilized enough to know the truth about what the loch may hold, we as humans will be responsible enough to enjoy our natural wonder and not destroy her.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
First of all every precaution would be made to preserve firstly the creatures (and perhaps Nessy?) and secondly the environment.

Secondly the entire thing would be done in stages, and the SECOND anything started to die or we thought we were going to cause permanent damage - (we find the fish begin to die or something, although i dont know why this would happen.) - If you think about it realistically the operation would not harm the environment (More to the point it won't because the operation wouldn't go ahead if it was going to).

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
First of all every precaution would be made to preserve firstly the creatures (and perhaps Nessy?) and secondly the environment.

Secondly the entire thing would be done in stages, and the SECOND anything started to die or we thought we were going to cause permanent damage - (we find the fish begin to die or something, although i dont know why this would happen.) - If you think about it realistically the operation would not harm the environment (More to the point it won't because the operation wouldn't go ahead if it was going to).

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I do like your idea shadow and if it could be gaurenteed that it would have no enviromental impact I would be happy to see it done. But what happens if we do prove nessie(or any other mythical lake/sea serpent)actually does exist? Remember the scene out of Jaws when they offered a reward for its capture/killing? All kinds of of nutters out on boats shooting and blowing the place up trying to get the animal. Not to mention the effect on the local community with the traffic etc. it would bring in. We can barely cope with the amount of nessie spotters that visit in the summertime as it is due to the dangerous roads that run parralel on either side of the loch. It would be chaos if the myth was proved to be a reality.
Im happy with the myth itself protecting the creature for now, but maybey the loch will give up its secrets in her own time.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What about the NEW LIFE FORM found in Loch Ness? Yep, on a search for Nessie Orange Mushrooms were found, at first it was thought they were a type of sponge, but NO! They were an entierly new species of life! None other like it in the WORLD! So is the monster real? maybe, a new life form was found in 2002, who knows what will be found.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
They wouldn't drain it, it brings good tourism

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Don't drain the Loch. ALOT of animals would DIE

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What would be the M'r F'n Point? The most famous Nessy pictures were admitted to be a HOAX by the hoaxter on his death bed.

Here's a question to ask yourself, what would be the ramifcations of draining the excess fluid from your brain?

[edit on 30-4-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Money burning a hole in my pocket combined with thirst for curiosity and discovery. i just have this urge to know things you know? i would of course have to ensure a foolproof way of conducting the expedition that neither harms the environment or anything living there and secondly that if anything discovered was safe from harm from money hungry poachers and entrepenaurs etc.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If they were really concerned they would have sent down a sub
capable of reaching the bottom and some kind of radar/xray to map out
area,i'm sure something as big as nesssy must be wouldn't be hard to find
unless he goes under the loch to have dinner with the reptilians.

This could probably be done from the surface.
Guess there's nothing to see thats why we are not looking.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Why would anyone do such a thing? Besides the enormous expanse....as mentioned....what about the wild life, the fish there? A totally absurd idea! For what reason? To prove Nessie? If it exist, I hope we never find it...man would exploit it, kill it and in generally act they way they always do...it's like that stupid "we have no proof till we have a dead body" People have been convicted on "eyewitness" accounts, but no one wants to believe when Champ or Nessie has eyewitnesses by credible people.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If the loch was drained you would probably find nessie flapping around in it's lair in a cave. Can't remember whre i read this theory, here or on the tube, but they were saying the possible reason nessie can't be spotted by sonar or other devices is because it is in an underwater cavern system.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
there is an under water cavern system that leads out o the sea but the exit to the sea is ony bout 2meters wide

i no this cause my dad was a fisherman who had to sail through loch ness to save a starend boat at inverness he said they picked up either a large shoal of fish or a creature that was bout 5 meteres wide at the middle however it dissapeared almost as soon as it appeared so hte thing was fast i do belive in nessie but drainin the lake is just goin to far
i think i saw nessie once but then again it was only a wake in the water who knows wat i saw

[edit on 7-5-2005 by tigb]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This might sound a wee sick, but would boiling the lock do anything? It WOULD kill everything in there but then it would be easier to search through and find some evidence. Even if the skin has peeled off nessie.

Of course I wouldnt do this, just another idea.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
um dude......not cool....compared to that my concept is like swimming in the loch to find nessie.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
um dude......not cool....compared to that my concept is like swimming in the loch to find nessie.

Is that to me? Because if it is, I know my idea is a bit harsh but I think it would quickly prove or disapprove the theory without destroying the area around the Loch ()except actually killing thousands of lives in the Loch)

But, of course I would never do this. Its harsh.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
While were at it, after we drain the Loch and do our stuff there, lets not stop! Lets move into all the forested areas of the world and start massive logging. That elusive Bigfoot will definatly be found that way. I like this destroy everything idea, quite catchy.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01
While were at it, after we drain the Loch and do our stuff there, lets not stop! Lets move into all the forested areas of the world and start massive logging. That elusive Bigfoot will definatly be found that way. I like this destroy everything idea, quite catchy.
Hey, let's not stop there. Let's drain the ocieans --- temporarily moving the water into space (damn the expense) -- and lets find ALL of the sea monsters, giant squid, and heretofore unknown or previously thought extinct creatures. Let's just get down to business and lets clear up ALL of life's mysteries once and for all.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Draining the loch would kill nessie. Im all for beating the crap out of anyone that tries it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join