It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to Mel's Hole?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I suppose most of you remember Mel Waters' story about the never ending hole. They made such a fuss about it and suddenly i'm not hearing anything more on the subject.Maybe i'm the only one in the dark but does anyone know what happened to that hole?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Anyway, I'd have to venture that, since a never ending hole is immpossible, that everyone finally realized that and thats why you don't hear about it anymore.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Anyway, I'd have to venture that, since a never ending hole is immpossible, that everyone finally realized that and thats why you don't hear about it anymore.

Nygdan, never ending is a figure of speach..... we all know it doesn`t mean that it`s literally never ending.......

I remember listening to a late night talk radio show about this guy and his hole, and I was wondering as well "What ever happened to him anyway?".

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I thought the whole 'Mel's Hole' thing was proven to be a hoax. I may be wrong, but I thought I heard or read something that said the guy calling himself Mel said the hole was 80,000 feet deep and he knew because he threw a fishing line down the whole. Apparently this statement was presented to a fisherman who said the average fishing line is only about 600 feet.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Kind of like the bottomless lakes] in New Mexico by (you guessed it) Roswell.

Rumor has it that they connect into the Gulf of Mexico. Supposedly many years back a hurricane drove into the Houston area and weeks later debris was found in the lakes (way, way upstream).

Divers have descended into one of the lakes (another legend) and reported not able to find the bottom.

The government (of course) maintains the deepest lake is 90 feet.

True or not?

Mel's Hole supposedly went down over 8,000 (or 80,000 depending on who tells the story) and was ruled a vent hole for a subterranean volcano.

Myth or fact?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

so many jokes, so little space

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Mel's hole really got my attention because I live near Seattle which is less then 300 miles from the claimed location in or near Ellensburg WA, the high desert. The story gets much more bizarre then just a very deep hole. Red Elk who has been on Coast to Coast a couple times also claims to know about Mel's Hole. Red Elk says he is a medicine man making very outrageous claims himself about time traveling, flying, knowing where thunder birds nest, and talking to Lizard People (AKA Reptoids). Red Elk says Mel's Hole is a lava vent from MT Rainer. He claims many of the Native Americans in area know of it as well as the local police, and government. Red Elk says he saw a very large space ship hover over the hole, now covered by an old inconspicuous out-building that opens up to reveal the hole. Red Elk says the reptilians use the whole to load and unload cargo into underground bases that among many things include human remains.
Mel found another hole in Arizona or Nevada I cant remember which. One of the local Native American tribes knew about it and showed it to him. Mel claimed there was some bizarre metal collar around the hole that looked like something attached or docked to it. Mel and the Natives did experiments with the hole. They lowered a bucket of ice far down the hole and then pulled it back up. Mel claimed the ice was on fire and one of the natives took a peace back to his cabin and put it in his wood stove where it heated his cabin for months until the wood stove melted through the floor and about 7 feet into the ground. Then they claimed the military came in and had to use large cranes to extract the stove to study what was going on. Mel also told a story of how they lowered a live sheep down the hole where they did the ice experiment, after a little while they pulled the sheep up and it was dead and cooked. They cut open the dead sheep to study the insides and they found a fleshy sac that was not supposed to be there. They opened up the sac which was moving and found a small live creature that looked a bit like a baby seal with human eyes. Mel said the creature seemed to be intelligent and looked at everybody like it was examining them, then after a little while it jumped down the hole. Mel thinks his encounter with this creature cured his caner.

All outrageous claims but a very good story if you have time you can listen to all this in detail on youtube. Just do a search for Mel's Hole or click on the link.

Mel's Hole

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I would LOVE to believe this so I do! I think the story is so cool, and I love hearing about things like this. Although it seems chances are slim since no one has actually seen it, I would like to think its true, and Mel Waters is just keeping it on the DL.

I haven't heard anything lately about this though, so hopefully some new discoveries will be made!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This is really interesting...

I was told that these new Terra Server images show a building covering an area suspected to be Mels Hole. This building also appears to have a dome or silo like structure coming from the roof.
www.terraserver.com...

Latitude: N 46.95073
N 46° 57' 2.6"
Longitude: W 120.72454
W 120° 43' 28.4"

These new image also appear to be in the area where the older terra server pictures had blocked it out. A older picture of these photos can still be found here - www.melshole.com...

Is there any new information on this?

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Scott]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I recently just got into Mel's Hole, and although the story is really intriguing and captures my mind, I find it hard to believe. Mel's original interviews the first two were the most interesting, when he explains the hole originally, and then comes back the second week stating the government has taken it over, however his return a few years later when he gets into coins, time travel, sheep, and seals, is all farfetched.

Also there are some gaps in the story telling and logic, where he originally says he's married, but then he independantly tells a Mel's Hole search group that he's recently married, and going to a honeymoon.

Despite all of that, I'm still really interested in Mel's Hole, I don't know i guess it's just that entire X-Files appeal. Somebody needs to start up some kind of forum for discussion and info.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have the Mel's Hole episodes of c2c saved, they are, if nothing else, an entertaining story. I feel the story was a guy making some stuff up, but it was still good listening. Anyway, my point:

This hasn't been adressed yet, and it should be.

Originally posted by DCFusion
I thought the whole 'Mel's Hole' thing was proven to be a hoax. I may be wrong, but I thought I heard or read something that said the guy calling himself Mel said the hole was 80,000 feet deep and he knew because he threw a fishing line down the whole. Apparently this statement was presented to a fisherman who said the average fishing line is only about 600 feet.

When trying to debunk something like Mel's Hole, please use a little bit of critical thinking. Fishing line can be tied together.

I am not saying that tryingf to debunk something is wrong. I encourage it. But to put forth bogus reasons for somethings being false does nothing but muddy some already unclear waters.

It frustrates me at least.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott

The building mentioned in the post i'm replying to is the Manastash Ridge Observatory.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The guy who made it up finally couldn't stand himself for making up the deception and threw himself into the hole. Unfortunately it was only a foot and a half deep so he got up and joined the Tercio de Extranjeros.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, there's a lot of claims made on "Mel's Hole", most I seriously doubt myself. I can see a volcanic hole that deep, as for the rest...well, that's up to you what you believe. But as to the question "what happened to it", this was the most popular reason I found while checking out various links:

The local newspaper the "Tri City Herald" reported that Waters was not listed in the Kittitas County telephone directory or the register of taxpayers, and that authorities in Ellensburg were unable to find any evidence that he was a resident, thus calling into question whether he existed. Kittitas County is a county located in the state of Washington. ... Ellensburg is a city located in Kittitas County, Washington. ...

Subsequently, when light of this finding by authorities, Art Bell and Premier radio networks ceased interviews with Mel and thus ended the saga of Mel's Hole.

Some people claim Mel was created to stir up controversy and inflate ratings.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Regarding "mels hole" It is all quite possible that it did happen and did exist...... To add to it the government paid mel out and covered it up being some phenom that most people can't comprehend. I want to visit the whole!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
According to alot of people my ex wife had one of those

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Beuler? Beuler?
Oh heck can't blame a guy for tryin' to make a funny

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I too would like to know what's up with Mel's Hole...Or even that hole that Mel visited. The one that they threw a sheep into, and the sheep came back out with a tumor that had a baby in it.

CRAZY!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here is a playlist of the 2003 broadcast from Coast 2 Coast AM with Art Bell and Mel Waters.

For the record, I don't think it's "bottomless" though it is VERY deep.

For years I have heard rumors of an "Interstellar" Defense System that this and other governments have. It consists of a VERY deep hole, 8' to 14' in diameter. Coated in a highly conductive electromagnetic metal. (Some of the holes have lips or flange at the top) Inside this hole is a 1-3 mile long "rail". It is made of the same material that the hole is coated in and charged with the polar opposite of the hole. Apparently it's diameter is around 1'-2' smaller than the hole it sits in. When this thing is "activated" it charges the hole causing the "rail" to accelerate at very high speed out of the hole (kind of like some roller coasters now-a-days) This would explain the "black beam of light" as this metal is extremely dark.

Now I never really believed in this "railgun".....
Until I saw this....

Wait for the flash, then watch where this "ice particle" flies away...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I suppose it's possible but wouldn't having the "railgun" built into the earth limit it's ability to orient itself to a potential target? Seems kinda limited in use in that configuration.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join