It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie Sequels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If you could make a sequel to a movie, which one would it be?
Also, if you could completely delete a sequel, what would it be?

For me I would delete the Matrix Sequels. The first one was good, but the next two sucked.

For a sequel? IDK. Some you can't make into a sequel, like ID4. Or some are based on true stories, so kind of hard to make a sequel. But hmmm, sequel? Boondock Saints! According to mpeake they were, but never heard anything else on it.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If I could unmake a sequel, I would get rid of Highlander 2. What the heck was up with that? Suddenly they're aliens in the future striving for old age, then, in part 3, they're back in the present again? Huh?

As for a movie to make a sequel to, I'd like to see a sequel to Kung Pow. Some people loved it, the others hated it, but, by golly, that sequel sounded good! Or else, the History of the World Part 2 would be nice, too. Already got the preview, now where's the movie?!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
JEWS IN SPACE!!! Or Hitler on Ice, both work.

Yeah, you can't have a Part One without a Part Two. If there is no 2, there is no one, it just is. You don't have Jurrasic Park 1, no, there was no sequel then therfor it was just Jurrasic Park. You don't have Vampire Hunter D 1, for there wasn't a sequel then, and it was just Vampire Hunter D.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I would delete the sequel to Jurrassic Park 2. That kid was as annoying as a pisstacio stuck in a shell. I would make a sequel to Kung Pow aswell.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
JP3 wasn't based on any book, wasn't done directly by Speilberg, and hated the kid. I loved the new dinosaurs, the new advancements brought from Paleo Robert T Bakker on behavoir and such, incredible. Also, the battle between the Spine and Rex was awsome!

The dinosaurs used were pretty dangerous, one of the actors was injured by one of the mechanical raptors. The Spine was powered by engines and was powerful enough to have crushed a person or destroyed a car if given the opportunity. Although should have more American Dinosaurs, like the Acro or Tro-odon. Also, like how they brought the Velociraptor back to size. The first one were based off of Utah Raptor, discovered by Robert T Bakker who help Steven with the movies. But the V-Raptor is small, usually shorter then the common 5'9 human male. But pack hunters and those huge freaking claws made up for size. Along with the brain power to orginize attacks, like a wolf pack but better.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Oops did I say sequel to Jurassic Park 2. I meant to say the sequel to Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park 2. The third one was Ok. But the original book by Crichton was great.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I would delete every Rocky movie from Rocky 127 all the way back to Rocky, and keep Sylvester Stallone working on sequels to Italian Stallion and such like.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Below is all the Boondock Saints website has to say about the sequel...

More news on the progress will be following soon.....
www.theboondocksaints.com...

As much as I'd love to see this get made, I'm so scared they are gonna ruin the first movies legacy if they botch this up. But, then again, it could be even better if they follow the same format and don't change the main characters.

As far as other movie sequels I'd like to see get done...

Planet of the Apes (a sequel to the most recent with Mark Walberg)
Thomas Crown Affair (any decent movie about a theif who gets away could use a sequel)
Spawn (the original was HORRIBLE, but the comic book character is great. just redo the whole thing)

As far as sequels I'd like deleted...

Matrix 2 and 3
Godfather 3
Rocky 5 (I have to admit I love 1,2,3,and 4)
Can't remember the name, but the sequel to "Interview with a Vampire"

I know there are a ton more for each catagory, but I'll have to come back later and post them...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I just watched BDS again, love it! They need BDS2 soon, and this time don't need to worry about idiot people keeping it from being released in America on the Big Screen.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
For me I would delete the Matrix Sequels. The first one was good, but the next two sucked.

Wow....You mean we actually agree on something JTL?

If I had to pick a movie that I wish had no sequels......Leprachan.....The first one was enough....LOL

I'd like to see the sequal to Independence Day.....I thought it was supposed to be coming out soon...but I guess not.....

[edit on 5/4/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

For a sequel? IDK. Some you can't make into a sequel, like ID4. Or some are based on true stories, so kind of hard to make a sequel. But hmmm, sequel? Boondock Saints! According to mpeake they were, but never heard anything else on it.

Sequels I would love to delete:
Gremlins 2
Skulls 2 and I even think there is a third one now
I agree on Highlander 2
Any sequels done by Disney

If I could make a sequel:
Saw 2

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
How do you make a sequel to ID4? WHat? More aliens show up and Will Smith/Jeff Goldblum(sp?) have to save the day again? Or is it going to be like, uh, IDK, a completely different world, story, president, whatever?(as if the first one never happened, that world doesn't exist, I think there is a series of movies like this, where none of them are the same, just the name) Wait, I know, Tales from the Crypt! Tales of the Crypt Bordello of Blood has nothing to do with any other Tales of the Crypt movie.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Spaceballs 2: The Search for more money

Hands down...Highlander II, of course. Though we Highlander fans have already deleted it, in our minds...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I would get rid of

Smokey and the Bandit II and III

also get rid of Caddyshack II

I would try ....

for the fun of it... Office Space this movie deserves a sequel...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I would like to see a Sequel to the BreakFast Club or 16 Candles.

As for deleting a sequel I would most definetly take out Predator II and AVP if that even is considered a damn Sequel.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Spaceballs 2: The Search for more money

I actually heard this one was going to be made

top topics

join