It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find your unclaimed money here, 1 out 8 Americans have lost money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
being held by the states, do a search and claim your money, calll or write the states treasurers unclaimed funds department for your money do it yourself instead of going through a company that charges for this and it won't cost you money to get your money back.

nupn.com...
Unclaimed Money Laws
State and federal laws require companies to report unclaimed money and other intangible personal property to the states. This would include lost tax refunds, stocks, bank accounts, matured life insurance policies and possibly the contents of safety deposit boxes. It may also include such items as utility deposits, gift certificates that were unused, and many other examples of lost money. For stocks, brokerage houses are normally responsible for reporting unclaimed or abandoned stock shares. If your ancestor bought shares directly from a company, then that company or its agent should report them to the state. Shares will be considered abandoned if mail is undeliverable to the recorded address. To search for unclaimed money, you'll need to get in touch with the appropriate state's Office of Unclaimed Property using the links on this page.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
heh,
Ohio owes me 15 dollars..specifially a power company.
Then there is some undisclosed amount from another state..
hmm..I wonder if it's a trap?

LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I hope not, just send in the forms and hopefully you will get a check, let me know (if you don't mind and don't think I am being too nosy) how much the undisclosed amount is, I hope it a lot. You might try calling them, are you sure it is you? Does your state give the last known address of the claimant?
Don't forget to check the federal link as well.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by goose]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Yep, it was from an old address of mine.

Didn't find anything in the federal links...bummer..

Any idea where I could find info on old insurance policies?
MY folks purchased 2 life insurance policies on my as an infant. The company went out of business a long time ago. I supposed they may have been absorbed by another company..

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is the same link (main homepage of it), look beside federal at the top and you will see insurance, there are a bunch of links to things like pensions and other funds, check in all these also. Good Luck! If you don't find it here you might want to do a search on the old insurance company if you know the name of it, if it has been absorbed by another company there should be mention of it somewhere. nupn.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
An old employer actually owed me over $300...and I got it too....

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Seems like someone owes George Bush $43.50. Maybe he should use it to improve of National deficit

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Seems like someone owes George Bush $43.50. Maybe he should use it to improve of National deficit

Maybe thats from the lumber company he did not know he owned some of it. Remember the debate, now that was funny.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
"I own a lumber company? That's news to me..."

That was priceless....

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Don't do this if you have creditors or the IRS or the mafia or collectors trying to find you. They damn sure will find you after you give all your personal information to get your money back. If you owe the IRS, say, ten grand, and you have an unclaimed sum of two hundred dollars out there, fuhgetaboudit!!!! It ain't worth it.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You are so right, not worth it at all, and they will find you through something like this. My SIL owed a credit card company he would not start a bank account due to he was hiding from them, once he and my daughter got married she insisted they start a joint account within one month of starting this joint checking account they called him at home at their new address. The only thing that had the info on it with his name connected was the checking account.
From all that I have read here all these consumer things are tied together and these information companies are now working with the government they started doing this shortly after 911.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
aha!,

I knew it, it's trap.
It's ok though, I've always paid my bills on time.

top topics

join