It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google: Over-Organization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Last night I read "Brave New World Revisited," and found something very disturbing.

The Brave New World was a nightmare for many reasons, including over-organization.

www.google.com...
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful.

As you know, Google is obsessed with organization. I feel this is a major stide in our downhil journey to New World Order.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
personally I think you have too much time on your hands
Of course google aims to organize the worlds (online) information hehe. That's what search engines do.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
this guy isen't being serious

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
personally I think you have too much time on your hands
Of course google aims to organize the worlds (online) information hehe. That's what search engines do.

agreed.
not sure if the poster is being serious or not

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
would be curious though to see what they're doing with the database of all the keywords googled.. because surely they keep a trace of what people are typing and searching on google.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki
would be curious though to see what they're doing with the database of all the keywords googled.. because surely they keep a trace of what people are typing and searching on google.

Yeah no doubt they check on what we are looking at.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Hehe well I work for an ISP and guess what? So do we
It's called search engine optimisation. Google records these keywords both for website owners to work out what people are looking for that leads them to their site, & also uses it for internal purposes in structuring search results. Nothing really mysterious here, just alot of (presumably) complicated algorithms. You'll probably find Altavista and most other search engines do the same thing.

top topics

join