It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons fight assembly register

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"Freemasons have complained that the Welsh Assembly's policy of compulsory declaration of membership could be illegal.
The organisation claims it is being discriminated against and has said it is ready to call on the new Human Rights Act to challenge the assembly's decision.

The matter was raised with the assembly's standards of conduct committee by senior lodge officials on Wednesday. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Can it be that masons in the UK are now, not even allowed to protest being singled out. Is this to turn into a "Witch Hunt"? (I apologize to any and all WICCA here for the analogy)

I am well awair the diffrence in our laws but that seems a bit extreme. Sounds like the protest is a bit overdue.

By the way: 10 new topics in one day. And ALL anti-mason????? How doooo you do it???

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have quite a data base built up, thats how I do it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, I'm looking forward to going through them. They look intresting from the quick glance I got.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It's funny how people like All-Seeing Eye complain about their loss of freedom through measures like the Patriot Act, or they complain about a Child ID program, but here he is supporting taking rights to privacy away from regular people just like him, only because they happen to be part of a fraternity that he doesn't like (and doesn't even know why). Filthy hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Student
By the way: 10 new topics in one day. And ALL anti-mason????? How doooo you do it???

It's called copy and paste, a technique uniquely suited for that "pink and tasty treat, that can't be beat."

Hormel monkeys, not just for over processed foods anymore...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
It's funny how people like All-Seeing Eye complain about their loss of freedom through measures like the Patriot Act, or they complain about a Child ID program, but here he is supporting taking rights to privacy away from regular people just like him, only because they happen to be part of a fraternity that he doesn't like (and doesn't even know why). Filthy hypocrites.

Are you going to make me hit the ignore buttin on you? Stop calling people names LOL But your right, I dont condone a child ID program. I think you should ID all the satanists that are taking the children, rather than ID the children.

sebatwerk, Im starting to get concerned about your mental state. Your not going to hurt yourself, are you?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

It's called copy and paste, a technique uniquely suited for that "pink and tasty treat, that can't be beat."

Hormel monkeys, not just for over processed foods anymore...

By God, I recignize it, humor.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
That is an idea with REAL MERRIT and one can all get behind and push.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Are you going to make me hit the ignore buttin on you? Stop calling people names LOL But your right, I dont condone a child ID program. I think you should ID all the satanists that are taking the children, rather than ID the children.

sebatwerk, Im starting to get concerned about your mental state. Your not going to hurt yourself, are you?

You can ignore me all you like, it doesn't affect me in any way. I take back calling you "filthy", but you ARE being extremely hypocritical by taking a stance that takes away a mason's right to privacy. Would you like to be forced to state your political party affiliation, or your religion, when applying for a job?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Take away your right to associate with who you want? No, not at all. And stop putting words in my mouth.

I think the differance between (correct me if Im wrong) a democracy and a republic, is that a republic is a democracy with rules. I dont care who you associate with. I dont care what you do in the womans bathroom with other men. I dont care what mumbo jumbo you chant, or what kind of cloths you are, or are not wearing.

What I do care about is secret society members holding offices of public trust. So, I would be all for a new rule in our republic that disallowed secret society members from holding such offices.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

What I do care about is secret society members holding offices of public trust. So, I would be all for a new rule in our republic that disallowed secret society members from holding such offices.

And why is that? Because YOU THINK that there is something nefarious or evil going on in said society, even though you have no shred of evidence? That's absurd and you know it. Membership in a fraternity can in no way affect a persons ability to hold public office. It is only under YOUR ASSUMPTIONS that you see something wrong with people being Freemasons. Stop assuming and start thinking.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
"Membership in a fraternity can in no way affect a persons ability to hold public office"

Assumption on your part? Are you saying George Bush (member of the scull&bones) isnt being affected by his affiliations? Are you saying america is in great shape?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Why should a person's social club affiliations really be the business of the general public?

Should people who are members of ATS be forced, by law, and under compulsion thru threat of imprisonment/fines, to make their membership the subject of public discussion? They're certainly be a 'logic' to it.

Do members of G.R.O.S.S. have to fess up in order to become lawyers, city-council members, union leaders, etc??

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

"Membership in a fraternity can in no way affect a persons ability to hold public office"

Assumption on your part? Are you saying George Bush (member of the scull&bones) isnt being affected by his affiliations? Are you saying america is in great shape?

No, I don't think Bush is affected by his College Debate Fraternity affiliation. He's not in college anymore, and he has more important, more powerful affiliations now. You are merely assuming that Skull&Bones has any real clout, just like you ASSUME that masons are up to no good. Like I told you before: stop assuming and start thinking.

It all comes down to a right to privacy, and it cannot be taken away from anyone. Regardless if some mindless conspiracy nuts "know" that nefarious things are going on behind closed doors. What I do on my own time is nobody's business, regardless of what my job is.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
No, I don't think Bush is affected by his College Debate Fraternity affiliation. He's not in college anymore, and he has more important, more powerful affiliations now.

Halliburton maybe?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

"Freemasons have complained that the Welsh Assembly's policy of compulsory declaration of membership could be illegal.
The organisation claims it is being discriminated against and has said it is ready to call on the new Human Rights Act to challenge the assembly's decision.

The matter was raised with the assembly's standards of conduct committee by senior lodge officials on Wednesday. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

It is illegal. So they've backed down.

icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk...

In order to do that you will first need to define 'secret'. I don't believe you will be able to find a workable definition of 'secret' that includes freemasonry. But you're welcome to try.

top topics

join