It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxes, taxes, taxes... Who needs them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Link

This is a story about a quaker who has refused to pay her taxes and is being prosecuted for it. The horrendous amount of money that is going to the slaughter of innocents from her taxes was totally unconscionable to her. I highly respect the quaker religion and have spent the last three weeks at a quaker outdoors "camp" (there was no "in camp" the entire thing was either on the trail or on the river) in Southern Virginia, and for the last six years have been doing similar things. I am a buddhist but have flirted with the idea of becoming a quaker, but in my opinion they are so similar in ideology that it truly makes no difference.

But back to the lady: Like many quakers my friends at camp knew, she refused to pay her taxes to the government. Her reasoning? A great amount of taxes goes to the military and the massacre of innocents, and she could not have that on her conscience. Instead, she gave the 21,000 dollars that would have gone to killing to charities instead, and now the government has filed charges against her. They say that having to violate her pacifistic religion to pay taxes is not a good enough reason. Oh, this is a sad day.

XAOS

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The IRS is a scam and unconstitutional to begin with. If people would take the time to research the IRS from when it started until now they would see that it's no better than the mob extorting money or some bully on the playground stealing lunch money.

Wake up folks, the is not about the people anymore, it's about power and the all might buck. Time to take it back.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The IRS is not unconstitutional...the passing of laws without a legislature is, which it can be argued the IRS does...

however, Federal Income tax is constitutional, and therefore the Government has every right to collect...the citizen for no reason can just claim they don't agree with the tax...even if they give the equivalent to something that might seem better.

Or we'd have chaos.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The only taxes which can be discerned as being valid in a truly free society are import and export taxes on goods open for public sale and consumption. These are known as "external taxes," as opposed to "internal taxes" such as income taxes and sales taxes. The history of tax protest in Great Britain and the United States in the 17th and 18th century depict the continued opposition of free and educated people to internal taxes, until the time finally came when those people forgot the basic truths about their own form of government.

A graduated income tax is one of the ten planks of the Communist Manifesto.

The IRS was not created by Congress. It is not an organization found under the Department of the Treasury in Title 31 United States Code with the other agencies of Treasury.

Title 26 United States Code (Internal Revenue Code) specifically defines the jurisdiction under which it is effective as only pertaining to the District of Columbia and its territories and possessions.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The Communist Manifesto is hardly the source of knowledge MoJom...

Income Tax is a necessity, or you can kiss Education, roads, and many other programs goodbye.

As for the IRS, you really aren't siting information you are understanding. You'll have to do a little more than claim that the IRS was not founded by congress (which doesn't have to found it, the constitution does not say that the Legislature controls such an institution).

And the District of Columbia's possessions are the entire United States...the District was simply set aside to be an impartial seat of government, because this country is a Unification of States, and it would be hard for every state to be "equal" when the seat of power lies in say, Nebraska...or Idaho...or California...

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Sure some of it is total lawyer BS and is almost unreadable, but I do understand what happened.

It was set up and manipulated into common practice. It is the best example of lawyers abusing the loopholes that exsist to manipulate the people of this country.

I'm not saying Taxes don't belong anywhere, you have to have them, but Education, Roads and other programs are State and not Federal. Power and Resources should be allocated more toward State and local where they can used better for and by the people. The US is a collective but is not exactally equal in the fact that each state is supposed to be able to have it's own laws while still following rights that apply to all people of the collective US.

In simple terms the Federal Gov. should be there to make sure the different laws for one state do not spill over into another. Also to aid in organization of foreign and domestic affairs. But the way a State and it's people want to live should be up to the state, while following the basic rights of course.

Plus the way taxes are set up now is proven to be horrible in an economic sense. It makes the rich richer and the poor, poorer.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Plus the way taxes are set up now is proven to be horrible in an economic sense. It makes the rich richer and the poor, poorer.

Unfortunately policy makers acting for certain powerful and influential people in certain kinds of government think that is brilliant in an economic and self-interest sense.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Soon I will post some things I have learned about Title 26 in the past few years; however, the fraudulent "income taxes" could easily be replaced by proper excise taxes. Also if you understand fractional reserve banking and how it works in the US, you would see that federal taxes are not really necessary.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Which is also why that top percent have all the money and the rest don't.

I am one of the rest, and have actually learned that money IS the root of evil and real value has no price tag.

The problem is that because so many others will do anything for money, it can be used to do such horrible things. I would have nothing against the money grubbing rulers if they would just use that money for the betterment of mankind instead of War and Death and Covering Lies and the all around abuse of others. But then again I always was a bit idealistic in my thinking..

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Actually the way the taxes are set up do not make the poor poorer...that's a myth perpetuated by the Democrats.

And if you want to have the States deal with what is more theirs...then you better be a Republican. Because the Democrats want the IRS to be second in command!

join