It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psalms prophesies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A while back I learned of the possibility that each psalm represents events of a year in the perspective of the Jews. This spans from the years 1901 to 2050 with the psalm number corresponding to the year after 1900. The prophesy was first brought to peoples attention in the book "The Prophecies of the Psalms," written By John Church. Although I am not a particularly religious person, I still decided to investigate it for myself later.

First I took a look at the psalms that would’ve pointed to the holocaust, and what I found was a bit shocking. Such as from psalm 41:

My enemies say the worst of me: ‘When will he die and his name perish?’ When one comes to see me, he speaks without sincerity; his heart stores up malice; when he leaves he gives voice to it outside. All my foes whisper together against me; against me they imagine the worst.

And psalm 42:

My tears are my food day and night, as they say to me day after day, “Where is your god?”

And psalm 43:

For you, O God, are my strength, Why do you keep me so far away? Why must I go about in mourning, with the enemy oppressing me?

And psalm 44:

Yet now you have cast us off and put us in disgrace, and you go not forth with our armies. You have let us be driven back by our foes; those who hated us plundered us at will, you marked us out as sheep to be slaughtered; among the nations you scattered us.

Yet on the year WW2 ends the tone changes:

My heart overflows with a goodly theme; as I sing my ode to the king, my tongue is nimble as the pen of a skillful scribe.

I’ve also seen other events written, though not as clear as those of the Holocaust, such as in 48, the year Israel was returned to the Jews:

Great is the Lord and wholly to be praised in the city of our god

It also speaks of other nations unhappy about Israel returning:

For, lo, the kings were assembled, they passed by together. They saw it, and so they marveled; they were troubled, and hasted away.

In 2001, the corresponding psalm seems to speak of destroying evil doers:

Each morning I will destroy all the wicked of the land, and uproot from the city of the Lord all evildoers.

This is most likely the response to 9/11.

After a bit of searching I was able to find a site that does go into detail on some of the psalms and their events.
Here

Of course, there is still much more in each psalm I quoted, since I only choose parts that more visibly show the events themselves. Though the tone of the Holocaust psalms are pretty consistent throughout each of them.

As interesting as this is, I still cannot look further due to my lack of knowledge on a year to year basis on events affecting the Jews. Even then the psalms are a bit vague and difficult to interpret. Thus it seems quite difficult to predict anything in the future from them. It also raised questions such as why they stop on the year 2050. I hope that I’ll be able to look more deeply into them. If all this is true though, I guess it means the world wont end at 2012.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Great post! I'm still reading from the link, very interesting

Makes alot of sense to me. But where are the the years left remaining?
Again thanks for posting this.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think with the psalms we have just made them fit into something that happened. Interpreted them as refering to something that happened that year, just like with Nostradamus's predictions which were all so vague that they could've meant anything.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
I think with the psalms we have just made them fit into something that happened. Interpreted them as refering to something that happened that year, just like with Nostradamus's predictions which were all so vague that they could've meant anything.

Astute observation Archangel.
That was my thought when I read this.

I've always thought that Nostrdamus, and that type of "prohecy" can only be read and have any meaning through hindsight. Which precludes it from being prophetic.

I could write, "the red dog will roll in it's own filth", and 10 years from now, if China, loses politically, or even militarily some where, we could claim that I predicted that event.
The statement is obscure and vague enough that it may be applied to any number of possible future events. That doesn't make me a prophet.

Nothing in Psalms, or any commentary by Judaic scholars, the psalmists, David or his scribes, points to the writings being anything other than the contemplations of the ancient kings of Judah/Israel. There is no implication in the Psalms themselves of their being anything other than that.

That being said, we all know, that if you roll the Bible around long enough, you can eventually find justification for virtually anything.
It sounds more to me like someone is trying to create their own foundation for a new "prophecy manual", much akin to the Bible Code type of thing. With a new book to follow.

In fact I will make a prophecy of my own. In five years of the website's creation regarding the "Psalm's Prophecies". A book, detailing the veracity of the prophecies, based on things that have already happened, will be written and will become a new age bestseller.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You know, when I read your post a while ago, I thought it was a bad attempt to once again stretch the bible into what one might want it to be.

But, I was bored so I picked up my bible and started reading psalms so that I could discredit it better. After reading it, I phoned my cousin and we started reading them together. TALK ABOUT SHIVERS!!!!!!! I can very easily see how one would think they are prophetic.

Sign me up! I buy it!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The one that really got me was Psalm 91 especially 91:7- 8.

7. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. 8. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked

That was the year of Desert storm. It was the first televised war, where we sat infront of our TV's at night watching Peter Jennings and the war.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There's a good short book on the topic called "Tell It to the Generation Following" by Doyle Reno, 2001. I think you can get it on www.renobelieves.com. I am not sure I can fully validate it, but it does go through the historical perspective vs. the Psalm in the Years 1901-2019.
You have to keep in mind that the Psalms used the Hebrew Civil Calendar vs our lunar year which may move the description of certain events by a year/psalm.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

A while back I learned of the possibility that each psalm represents events of a year in the perspective of the Jews. This spans from the years 1901 to 2050 with the psalm number corresponding to the year after 1900.

LOL The Jews have their own calendar. Like today's date....21 Iyar 5765. They do not use the Gregorian calendar.

The prophesy was first brought to peoples attention in the book "The Prophecies of the Psalms," written By John Church. Although I am not a particularly religious person, I still decided to investigate it for myself later.

First I took a look at the psalms that would’ve pointed to the holocaust, and what I found was a bit shocking. Such as from psalm 41:

Psalm 41 is a psalm "For the leader. A psalm of David." It's a prayer for healing. How is that Holocaust related?

My enemies say the worst of me: ‘When will he die and his name perish?’ When one comes to see me, he speaks without sincerity; his heart stores up malice; when he leaves he gives voice to it outside. All my foes whisper together against me; against me they imagine the worst.

This particular passage is about the enemies being guilty of damaging speech which is not allowed per Jewish law. The part "whisper together" suggests that they were cursing the sick person in verse 9.

And psalm 42:

"For the leader. A maskil of the Korahites." The maskil is linked to the Sons of Korah and denotes that the psalm is sung in praise. Psalm 42 and 43 were once a single unit as seen by the shared refrains and are about the desire to come to the Temple regardless of the persecution.

My tears are my food day and night, as they say to me day after day, “Where is your god?”

This is a prayer of relief from the current situation of the psalmist. His nourishment is the tears instead of food and water.

And psalm 43:

Stated above. Although Psalm 42 is more past while 43 is future tense.

For you, O God, are my strength, Why do you keep me so far away? Why must I go about in mourning, with the enemy oppressing me?

A typical invocation, petition, and motivation.

And psalm 44:

A community petition which begins with the talks about previous deliverances by G-d and then followed by a complaint about the current situation of the psalmist. This is also for the leader of the Korahites, a maskil. They are protesting innocence.

Yet now you have cast us off and put us in disgrace, and you go not forth with our armies. You have let us be driven back by our foes; those who hated us plundered us at will, you marked us out as sheep to be slaughtered; among the nations you scattered us.

The first part is a play on the role that G-d is supposed to play as the host of the armies in Israel's defense. The second part is a sheep metaphor illustrating the dispersion of the defeated troops in battle. Cross reference to I Kings 22.17 "I saw all Israel scattered over the hills like sheep without a shepherd."

Yet on the year WW2 ends the tone changes:

Obviously since the Jewish calendar is different. @@ Psalm 45 is a love song.

My heart overflows with a goodly theme; as I sing my ode to the king, my tongue is nimble as the pen of a skillful scribe.

This clearly states that it's a poem to the king. In your version, "ode to the king."

I’ve also seen other events written, though not as clear as those of the Holocaust, such as in 48, the year Israel was returned to the Jews:

Even those were not clear. They are about as clear as finding Jesus in the Tanakh a.k.a. OT.

Great is the Lord and wholly to be praised in the city of our god

Again, for the Korahites.

It also speaks of other nations unhappy about Israel returning:
For, lo, the kings were assembled, they passed by together. They saw it, and so they marveled; they were troubled, and hasted away.

I'm thinking this is verses 5 and 6 quoted but whoa, that is a terrible translation.

In 2001, the corresponding psalm seems to speak of destroying evil doers:
Each morning I will destroy all the wicked of the land, and uproot from the city of the Lord all evildoers.
This is most likely the response to 9/11.

This is seriously some of the most hilarious stuff ever!

As interesting as this is, I still cannot look further due to my lack of knowledge on a year to year basis on events affecting the Jews. Even then the psalms are a bit vague and difficult to interpret.

Maybe for a non-Jew it is difficult to interpret.

Thus it seems quite difficult to predict anything in the future from them.

The Psalms are not prophecies so it would be REALLY difficult.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The one that really got me was Psalm 91 especially 91:7- 8.

Psalm 91 is about G-d protecting all from harm that trust him. The different types of protection are shelter, refuge, etc. The psalmist is encouraging the audience to trust G-d so they will not be harmed (v 1-13) and G-d responds in 14-16 to reiterate the psalmist's words. The shelter in verse one is the temple and the psalm was a part of liturgy for entering or leaving.

7. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. 8. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked

From the Hebrew...A thousand may fall at your left side, ten thousand at your right, but it shall not reach you. You will see it with your eyes, you will witness the punishment of the wicked. I wonder how left was left out and right side became right hand. This passage in particular is saying that even if all of those who do not have G-d's protection fall, the one who trusts in G-d will be safe. The numbers are an exaggeration. The wicked are those who don't trust in G-d.

That was the year of Desert storm. It was the first televised war, where we sat infront of our TV's at night watching Peter Jennings and the war.

I can say that I didn't sit in front of my TV watching a war and I can say with positively that this Psalm is not about Desert Storm. See my previous post about the Hebrew calendar.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I read the book by J. R. Church also and it is very interesting and I would tend to believe it. Someone else mentioned that the Jews have a civil and religious calendar. One starts in March and one starts in September. Having said that an interesting Psalm is the beginning of Psalm 107 which would coincide with 2007/2008...... very interesting if you believe in the rapture.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Someone else mentioned that the Jews have a civil and religious calendar. One starts in March and one starts in September.

Wrong. Jews have one calendar. The calendar itself starts in Nissan, the month of Passover and is March or April and the Jewish New Year starts in Tishri which is September to October. Again, there is one calendar.

Having said that an interesting Psalm is the beginning of Psalm 107 which would coincide with 2007/2008...... very interesting if you believe in the rapture.

The first flaw in your statement would be that Psalm 107 would coincide with 2007/2008. This is the Jewish year, 5765. So in 2007, it will be 5768. How does that mesh? Also, Psalm 107 was originally connected with Psalms 105 and 106. Either way, Psalm 107 is used by Rabbis as the basis for requiring a special blessing thanking G-d from those who have survived the desert, those released from prison, seafarers, and those who were seriously ill. How does that say rapture? I wish Christians were required a Jewish foundation.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
As I said.
If you roll the bible around long enough, some people will be able to find justification for anything.
People of the book, in general, (not just christians), have a wonderful talent for selective insinuations, supposedly gleaned from holy scripture itself.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shonet1430
[Wrong. Jews have one calendar. The calendar itself starts in Nissan, the month of Passover and is March or April and the Jewish New Year starts in Tishri which is September to October. Again, there is one calendar.

Having said that an interesting Psalm is the beginning of Psalm 107 which would coincide with 2007/2008...... very interesting if you believe in the rapture.

The first flaw in your statement would be that Psalm 107 would coincide with 2007/2008. This is the Jewish year, 5765. Either way, Psalm 107 is used by Rabbis as the basis for requiring a special blessing thanking G-d from those who have survived the desert, those released from prison, seafarers, and those who were seriously ill. How does that say rapture? I wish Christians were required a Jewish foundation.

We have 2 problems here but we are both saying the same thing
concerning calendars.

biblicalholidays.com...

There are two calendars in the Bible, the civil calendar (Genesis 1:1 to Exod. 12) and the religious calendar. The first month in the civil calendar is Tishri starting in the fall, about September. The seventh month is Nisan (Aviv) starting in the spring, about the time of our March and April.

God changed the civil calendar to the religious calendar in Exodus 12:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. So, now Nisan is the first month of the religious calendar and Tishri is the seventh month (Exod. 13:4). This book starts with the first feast of the religious calendar, Passover.

Civil Calendar Religious Calendar

1. Tishri 1. Nisan (Aviv)

2. Heshvan 2. Iyar

3. Kislev 3. Sivan

4. Tevet 4. Tammuz

5. Shevat 5. Av

6. Adar 6. Elul

7. Nisan 7. Tishri

8. Iyar 8. Heshvan

9. Sivan 9. Kislev

10. Tammuz 10. Tevet

11. Av 11. Shevat

12. Elul 12. Adar

It is very interesting that the number of days between Nisan and Tishri is always the same. Because of this, the time from the first major festival Passover in Nisan to the last major festival Feast of Tabernacles in Tishri is always the same.

The next problem concerns the prophecies that maybe in the psalms. I have read J.R. Church's book and find it interesting and something to study the Bible about this matter.

The problem here is the theory on these prophecies in the psalms begins at the psalms and what book of the Bible it is. The book of Psalms is the 19th book in the Bible. when looking through each psalm you place a 19 in front of the psalm number Ex. Psalm27 would be 1927, Psalm44 would be 1944 and so on. When you get to psalm100 it would change to the year 2000. Then verses in that particular numbered psalm deal with Jews and possibly the entire world at that time and what they endured. There are alot of things that are not just coincidences., I'll try to list some tomorrow.
These prophecies in the psalms are dealing with the way Jews number say the year 5755. We are saying there seems to be info found in the Psalms of the bible that are dealing with what has happened from 1901-possibly throughpsalm 150 which would represent 2050

If you believe in the rapture of the church before the tribulation, read the first several verses of Psalm 107 which if correct would coincide with 2007/2008 because of the spring as one starting point and fall as another starting point.

What I'm saying is the psalms had definite meaning and knowledge from God in them that were used in ancient times and we can get the same value and lessons as people 3000 years ago did. But we are adding the belief that the psalms have a dual application. There are things hidden inthem that pertains to the 20th century and now the start of the 21st century.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

We have 2 problems here but we are both saying the same thing concerning calendars.

Actually we aren't. You're saying that Jews go by two when that is not true. Let's look at a correlation here. The Jewish calendar starts in Nisan but the New Year is in Tishri. Ok, on the Catholic calendar, the New Year starts in January but school starts in August/September. Do you see how stupid it is to try and go by two separate calendars? Also there aren't two calendars as shown below.

biblicalholidays.com...

Try a Hebrew site and not a Christian one.If you would like me to recommend some, I will be happy to.

There are two calendars in the Bible, the civil calendar (Genesis 1:1 to Exod. 12) and the religious calendar. The first month in the civil calendar is Tishri starting in the fall, about September. The seventh month is Nisan (Aviv) starting in the spring, about the time of our March and April.

God changed the civil calendar to the religious calendar in Exodus 12:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. So, now Nisan is the first month of the religious calendar and Tishri is the seventh month (Exod. 13:4). This book starts with the first feast of the religious calendar, Passover.

You said it yourself. G-d changed the calendar thus there are not two. If I change my socks, am I wearing two pair? Understand this...up to that point in Exodus, the calendar had been left to G-d. After that, he put it in the hands of the Jews. The Jews follow the one calendar only. Oh and the writers are wrong. It's verse 2 that he changed it.

It is very interesting that the number of days between Nisan and Tishri is always the same. Because of this, the time from the first major festival Passover in Nisan to the last major festival Feast of Tabernacles in Tishri is always the same.

Why the writers of this crap finds it interesting is beyond me. Isn't there always the same amount of days between let's say....March 1 and June 1?

The next problem concerns the prophecies that maybe in the psalms. I have read J.R. Church's book and find it interesting and something to study the Bible about this matter.

Well good for you. It doesn't mean his book is right.

The problem here is the theory on these prophecies in the psalms begins at the psalms and what book of the Bible it is. The book of Psalms is the 19th book in the Bible.

Actually, the wonderful Romans who constructed your Bible altered the order of the Tanakh....a.k.a. OT. Psalms was originally 27th. First one down. Next!

when looking through each psalm you place a 19 in front of the psalm number Ex. Psalm27 would be 1927, Psalm44 would be 1944 and so on. When you get to psalm100 it would change to the year 2000.

Well this isn't the original so I suppose you better start putting 27s in front of it. And please, if you don't believe me about the order, google it. Why in the world would someone place importance on the order when it's not even the Biblical order to begin with? It's seriously beyond me. But in all honesty, the guy who wrote the book probably knows no better. He's probably another fundie who chooses to stay in that little box with G-d.

Then verses in that particular numbered psalm deal with Jews and possibly the entire world at that time and what they endured. There are alot of things that are not just coincidences., I'll try to list some tomorrow.

You can list all you want but again, they are NOT relevant and they are NOT prophesies.

These prophecies in the psalms are dealing with the way Jews number say the year 5755.

And pray tell....why do Jews number their years differently? I can't wait for this.

We are saying there seems to be info found in the Psalms of the bible that are dealing with what has happened from 1901-possibly throughpsalm 150 which would represent 2050

It's flawed Christian interpretation of the Jewish scripture. Which again is why I say that Christians should be required to at least know something about Judaism. But instead, some prefer blind faith where they draw asinine conclusions such as this one. I already told you that those years can't represent 1901-2050 as the years are different. Don't you think if it pertained to the Jews, it would follow their calendar? I mean after all, that would make sense yes? Instead, the basis for this notion is on the Christian calendar and Jews are being shoved into it.

If you believe in the rapture of the church before the tribulation, read the first several verses of Psalm 107 which if correct would coincide with 2007/2008 because of the spring as one starting point and fall as another starting point.

I'm a Jew. Do you think that I believe in the rapture, the church or the tribulation? And frankly, I wish G-d would come and suck y'all up because that would be the definition of heaven. Back to Psalm 107. First of all, you're claiming that these Psalms relate to Jews. Why would this one be about the church? The church and the Jews are two different things. Second, Psalm 107 is book five and was split from book four at some point in time. It is a part of Psalm 103-107. Does your Bible fail to call them particular books? I can scan mine if you need me too. The last verse of the Psalm says it all. "The wise man will take note of these things, he will consider the steadfast love of the Lord." These events described show the steadfast love of G-d. Like I said before, it's a Psalm used as the basis of a situation requiring special blessings thanking G-d for healing the sick, freeing the prisoners, etc. "The upright see it and rejoice."

What I'm saying is the psalms had definite meaning and knowledge from God in them that were used in ancient times and we can get the same value and lessons as people 3000 years ago did. But we are adding the belief that the psalms have a dual application. There are things hidden inthem that pertains to the 20th century and now the start of the 21st century.

Christian perversion. The Psalms do have definite meaning. They are poems and songs about situations that people were in or wished to be in. The lesson people got 3000 years ago? The Psalms weren't used. Just like even today, they are not used during service. Why is that? Well because Judaism teaches that the Torah is the direct word of G-d while the others are the writings of men inspired by G-d. Man is fallible. Therefore, the Psalms along with the other Kethuvim and Nevi'im were not used as anything other than to read. As for adding to the belief, G-d said not to add to or take away from his word. You feel free to do so.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I'm a Jew. Do you think that I believe in the rapture, the church or the tribulation? And frankly, I wish G-d would come and suck y'all up because that would be the definition of heaven.

Your biased one way and I'm biased another way. And it appears as you are also filled with some hatred. People will have to read for themselves and decide for themselves. You say you'll be glad when christians are gone. This attutude will create the environment for the antichrist to be accepted for awhile.

Christians will be glad to go and be free from the struggles and influence of evil. We desire to be changed completely. Remember what we said concerning Christ and His truth after we are gone.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Your biased one way and I'm biased another way.

You obviously failed to read that the biggest majority of my life was spent as a Christian.

And it appears as you are also filled with some hatred.

Actually, no hatred at all.

People will have to read for themselves and decide for themselves.

People should learn about Judaism and then read for themselves since the Tanakh has everything to do with Judaism and doesn't serve as a mere proof text.

You say you'll be glad when christians are gone.

Correction. I didn't say Christians. I said y'all which is attributed to the ignorance that flocks to fundamentalism.

This attutude will create the environment for the antichrist to be accepted for awhile.

Wouldn't there have to be a Christ before there is an anti-Christ? Your Jesus is what I call a Cookie Cutter Christ. Cookie Cutter Christ I believe that if there was such a man to exist that he would be ashamed of what people have done to his name and in his name.

Christians will be glad to go and be free from the struggles and influence of evil. We desire to be changed completely. Remember what we said concerning Christ and His truth after we are gone.

Jesus wasn't the promised moshiach. I hate to break it to you. You seem to gloss over the facts that I have laid out already a bajillion times. How do you reconcile that? Please show for each one listed below how Jesus applies.

World Peace

"And he [Messiah] shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." -- Isaiah 2:4

"He [Messiah] will destroy death forever." -- Isaiah 25:8

"Then the inhabitants of the cities of Israel will go out and make fire and feed them with the weapons -- shields and bucklers, bows and arrows, clubs and spears; they shall use them as fuel for seven years." -- Ezekiel 39:9

Universal Knowledge of G-d

"For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. -- Isaiah 11:9

"And no longer shall one teach his neighbor or shall one teach his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they shall all know Me, from their smallest to their greatest," says the Lord" -- Jeremiah 31:33

"All who survive of all those nations that came up against Jerusalem shall make a pilgrimage year by year to bow low to the King Lord of Hosts and to observe the feasts." -- Zechariah 14:16

"And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and His name one." -- Zechariah 14:9

"Thus said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, ten men from nations of every tongue will take hold -- they will take hold of every Jew by a corner of his cloak and say, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that G-d is with you."
-- Zachariah 8.23

Building of the Third Temple

"...and I will set My sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My temple also shall be with them. Yes, I will be their G-d and they shall be My people. And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore. -- Ezekiel 37:26-28 (See also Ezekiel 40-48; Isaiah 33:20)

Death Will Cease

"He will swallow up death forever...." -- Isaiah 25:8

Resurrection of the Dead

"Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust, for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead." -- Isaiah 26:19

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt." -- Daniel 12:2

"Therefore, prophesy and say to them, "So says the Lord G-d: Lo! I open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves as My people, and bring you home to the land of Israel. Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and lead you up out of your graves as My people."-- Ezekiel 37:12-13

Ingathering of Israel

"I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, ''Give up,'' and to the south, "Keep not back, bring My sons from far, and My daughter from the ends of the earth. -- Isaiah 43:5-6. (See also Jeremiah 16:15; 23:3; Isaiah 11:12; Zechariah 10:6; Ezekiel 37:21-22)

(And he shall set up a banner for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. -- Isaiah 11:12

But, As the L-rd lives, who brought the people of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands where he had driven them; and I will bring them back to their land that I gave to their fathers. -- Jeremiah 16:15

And I will gather the remnant of my flock from all countries where I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. -- Jeremiah 23:3

21. And say to them, Thus says the Lord G-d: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from among the nations, where they have gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land;
22. And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all; and they shall be no more two nations, nor shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all; -- Ezekiel 37: 21-22)

The Nations Will Help the Jews Materially

"Then you shall see and be radiant, and your heart shall fear and expand; because the abundance of the sea shall be overturned upon you, the wealth of the nations shall come to you." -- Isaiah 60:5

"Foreigners shall build up your walls, and their kings shall minister to you. Men shall bring you the wealth of the nations with their kings led in procession. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve you shall perish; those nations shall be utterly laid waste." -- Isaiah 60:10--12

"But you shall be called “priests of the L-rd,” men shall say of you, “ministers of our G-d;” you shall eat the wealth of the nations, and in their riches you shall glory." -- Isaiah 61:6

Eternal Joy and Gladness Will Characterize the Jewish Nation

"And the redeemed of the L-rd shall return, and come to Zion in song; everlasting joy shall be upon their head; they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee. -- Isaiah 51:11

The Jews Will Be Sought For Spiritual Guidance

Thus says the L--rd of hosts: “In those days ten men out of all the languages of the nations shall take hold and seize the robe of a Jew, saying: `Let us go with you, for we have heard that G-d is with you.' ” -- Zechariah 8:23

All Weapons Of War Will Be Destroyed

"Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go forth and set fire to the weapons and burn them, shields and bucklers, bows and arrows, handspikes and spears, and they will make fires of them for seven years...."
-- Ezekiel 39:9

The Enemy Dead Will Be Buried

For seven months the House of Israel will be burying them, in order to cleanse the land. -- Ezekiel 39:12

The Egyptian River Will Run Dry

"And the L-rd will utterly destroy the tongue of the sea of Egypt and wave His hand over the river with His scorching wind, and smite it into seven channels, and make men cross dryshod." -- Isaiah 11:15

Trees Will Yield New Fruit Monthly in Israel

And on both sides of the bank of the stream, all trees for food will grow; their leaves will not wither nor will their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because their waters flow from the Sanctuary; their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for medicine. -- Ezekiel 47:12

Each Tribe of Israel Will Receive It's Inheritance

"Thus says the L-rd, G-d: “These are the boundaries by which you shall divide the land for inheritance among the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph shall have two portions. And you shall divide equally that which I swore to give your fathers, and this land shall fall to you as your inheritance.” -- Ezekiel 47:13--14

All Warfare Will Cease

"And He shall judge among the nations and decide for many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." -- Isaiah 2:4

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for some answers. Don't back down now when you were certain before.

1. Do we use two different calendars? i.e. school calendar and actual calendar? Or a business with their fiscal calendar and the actual calendar?

2. Does that mean that we're on two different calendars?

3. Would you like some Hebrew sites on calendars?

4. Did you notice that you yourself pointed out that G-d changed the calendar?

5. Aren't there the same number of days between March 1 and June 1?

6. Is that interesting?

7. Did you google to see that the order of the Tanakh has been altered and that it is actually book 27? 15 if you combine the twelve minor prophets into one book. I guess those things happened in the 1500s.

8. Why do Jews number their years differently?

9. Why wouldn't the Psalm follow the Jewish calendar since it's Jewish and supposedly pertains to the Jews?

10. Do you understand that Jews do not believe in the rapture, the tribulation, Jesus, the church, etc?

11. Why would 107 be magically about the church when you previously stated that they are about things happening to Jews?

12. Does your Bible label Psalms 103-107 as books within one?

13. Would you like me to scan a copy of it for you?

14. Could you show me proof where people used the Psalms 3000 years ago?

I'm anxiously awaiting.

Edited to fix the spelling of your user name

[edit on 6/1/2005 by Shonet1430]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Jesus wasn't the promised moshiach. I hate to break it to you. You seem to gloss over the facts that I have laid out already a bajillion times. How do you reconcile that? Please show for each one listed below how Jesus applies.

You have laid out alot of verses. Would it really matter if I commented on them all? You don't believe Jesus is the Savior, I do. Time will tell won't it. I'll comment on them as soon as I can, although patience doesn't seem to be a fruit you have an abundance of.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You have laid out alot of verses. Would it really matter if I commented on them all?

Sure. I would like to know how Jesus made those things possible.

You don't believe Jesus is the Savior, I do. Time will tell won't it.

G-d is my savior. He said I need no other.

I'll comment on them as soon as I can, although patience doesn't seem to be a fruit you have an abundance of.

I have children so I have plenty of patience. And I'll await anxiously for your comments to the verses and my questions.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for some answers. 10. Do you understand that Jews do not believe in the rapture, the tribulation, Jesus, the church, etc?

11. Why would 107 be magically about the church when you previously stated that they are about things happening to Jews?

The rapture is for christians of any race. Christians and not even all of them believe the rapture so yes I do understand that. You say you don't believe in the other things also(especially Jesus) so most of what I say will mean nothing to you.

The first few verses could describe the rapture. Whenever the rapture does occur that should mean something to the jews and the world(whether they recognize it right away or not) because the tribulation period can then arrive. But since you don't believe in the tribulation this won't make a difference to you.

From your responses I get the feeling you are a little worked up. So I actually hesitate to answer too many of your questions. Why, because it will then give you more opportunity to get more worked up. And as a result of that you could make some comments that could be an opportunity for you to make statements that would be offensive to me and others and even God. So I'll play it by ear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join