It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: SAS Gentlemen Detained At PM Blair's Home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Two gentlemen from the Special Air Service have been detained by the Metropolitian Police at Prime Minister Blair's home, having been found lurking in a tree bordering the property. At the present time it's uncertain what their exact objective was, but the story does give some clues.

www.timesonline.co.uk
TWO men arrested near the Prime Minister’s country residence were found to be SAS soldiers. They were spotted in a tree by a police helicopter.

The police, on full alert around Chequers during the election campaign, made checks and found that the soldiers were from Hereford, the home of the SAS, and were on an “officially sanctioned” exercise. The constabulary had not been told.

They were apparently not engaged in a covert mission to test security at the house in Buckinghamshire. But they had cameras and mobile phones and were in a position in the tree with a good view of the estate. The soldiers were released on bail and no further action will be taken. The Ministry of Defence declined to comment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It would seem that the gentlemen were checking lines of sight that a journalist could exploit in order to shoot footage of the Prime Minister. Good effort by the Constabulary in detaining the two gentlemen. Though it is odd that the gentlemen were released on bail with no charges pressed. General one must have charges laid to have to be released on bail- else it's just being released.

[edit on 23-4-2005 by DeltaNine]

[edit on 23-4-2005 by DeltaNine]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Oh, frightfully good show! I expect they could all use a spot of tea after that little adventure, eh what?

Just kidding, you've got my vote - just flesh out the opening and closing paragraphs a little.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Righto, cheers for the feedback. It's much better than anon NO's in the mail.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Dunno if i believe this one or not.
The SAS are supposed to be covert. How come the normal police found them? Sounds like some made up propaganda to me.

Maybe they were on some kind of protection exercise, and the police stumbled upon them.

I cant find any other news items covering this. You would think that something like this would attract all the media attention possible.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
But then again, it's from the Times, who are quite respectable. It's not something that would be widely reported by the police and even less by the Regiment. So maybe it will break more widely in the next few days?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The operation was to test security at the property.There was a tip of that some demo members were going to attempt to breach the outer perimiter.SAS were there if that hapened to record covertly what reaction the Police would use to defend the property and what mistakes they would make if any.Police in Helicopter obvioulsy using infa and heat recognition picked up on the ops post.
This tactic is used so that the Area commander uses standard proccedure rather than enforcing the team for the time he is being monitored.
No danger to SAS as they know how to react to the Police and will as they did pretend to be the media until a time that is safe to be id.Only mistake SAS made was probably being to close to the area.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You are in the know, weirdo?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Pity i thought it was a practice to put a well overdue cap in that traitor Blair's head.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Good job police and nice try by the SAS.....shows how even some of the most elite men and women in the world cant break into the security around the PM.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Slightly off topic here, but in relation to this topic, why did the SAS go after the PM's home rather than the Queens?

Who actually runs the UK: the Queen or the PM?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Slightly off topic here, but in relation to this topic, why did the SAS go after the PM's home rather than the Queens?

seekerof

both.
Both now have joint power in running the country, parliament tends to have more power now and in the future, parliament will end up ganing more control over the country. Basically you will see a republican system in the recent future.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

The queen has the SAS and an entire company of british army soldiers defending her, they would be mad to even attempt it.
The PM is in command but the queen does have some power, she can even order the disolvement of government BUT wont because well...it may well start a revolution.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
she can even order the disolvement of government BUT wont because well...it may well start a revolution.

it may well start a revolution?
i think it would, wouldnt you?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thank you gentlemen.
Information and clarification was much appreciated.

I'm still in mystery as to why the SAS would 'go after' the PM though.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
it may well start a revolution?
i think it would, wouldnt you?

Was trying not to sound full of it and know exsactly what would happen, lol.
Yes I think it would to.

Oh and seekroff the PM doesnt live in a palace with most likely a hundred soldiers, the SAS/SBS , MOD plod and local police surrounding her. He has a much smaller security force than the queen has...logical target.
Add to the fact they would be testing the defenses of him to guard all bases.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thats what I thought, devilwasp.

I just wanted to make sure that my unmentioned assumptions were close to being correct.

Thanks.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The police, on full alert around Chequers during the election campaign, made checks and found that the soldiers were from Hereford, the home of the SAS, and were on an “officially sanctioned” exercise. The constabulary had not been told.

They were apparently not engaged in a covert mission to test security at the house in Buckinghamshire. But they had cameras and mobile phones and were in a position in the tree with a good view of the estate. The soldiers were released on bail and no further action will be taken. The Ministry of Defence declined to comment.

Released on bail.. surely this is something that should be dealt with by RedCaps?

Officially sancioned.. probably told to go on an exercise to observe a target of choice.. being in this case the PM's country getaway (for bravado).

And the Sun says two SAS men have been arrested for spying on Chequers, the Prime Minister's country residence.

They had apparently been taking part in a training exercise when they were picked up in woods near the house.

Link

Link2

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Royalty Protection deal with the PM and the Queen, not the Red Caps.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted by DeltaNine
Though it is odd that the gentlemen were released on bail with no charges pressed. General one must have charges laid to have to be released on bail- else it's just being released.

You don't need to be charged to be released on bail. Bail usually means you have to show up at an agreed time and place for further inquiries unless told in the meantime by writing that the investigation is ceased.

If this was an officially sanctioned op then the chaps would be released on bail whilst the Plod check out the story. They would have already had MOD contact, as is the norm when Personnel are arrested and probably got told to release them. The Plod would then go through the standard checks to verify and probably write to the troopers to say no further action.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Royalty Protection deal with the PM and the Queen, not the Red Caps.

Cold stream guards?
I wouldnt be suprised if the SAS were near there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join