It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BS Bus Tour on Religon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Is Slovenia near Croatia? Or am I on the wrong Continent? Got a friend in Slovenia and it sounds like a country that would be near Croatia.(how IDK)

Ok Croat, which ones? So god making humans is symbol and not real? Or is that suppose to be literal? What parts are symbol and what are real? That is if any of it is since science/reality/fact pretty much tears it to shreds.

So, on the nitpicking of rules, if you are following gays evil then you must stone to death every kid who acts up for they are in the same chapter. Or is the stoning to death of kids a symbol and the gays are evil fact? According to who? The church? The same people who allow priests to rape little boys with as little as a slap on the wrist and moved to a different church? Who decides? Also, if the Bible is god's word, wouldn't all of it be real? It's god you are talking about, Mr. All Mighty Powerful Invisable Person That Lives In The Clouds, you think he would have said if any of his words were not real but BS/lies. "Gee, I didn't realllllly mean Gays are evil, I was just bored and had nothing else to say." or what? Either it is real or symbol, you can't pick an choose.

This from the people who want The Davinci Code banned for being full of lies, not realizing it is in the FICTION section of libraries. WTF? These people are so ignorant they don't realize that it being in fiction means it isn't the truth, probably where the Bible should be in to, unless it is real, then in non-fiction, but if it is symbol and not real, then it belongs in fiction.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yep right next to it to the north.

I cant tell you which parts are meant to be taken literal and others metaphorically. It is up to you to decide.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
James the Lesser cannot decide for himself which passages are metaphor . It is not possible.

For the religion of James the Lesser is Science itself. It is the yardstick by which all things are measured by him. In his religion of science he is unshakably proud...confident.

So confident that he would measure a non science book by this yardstick and not know the difference.

This is reflected in his every post with pride. It is obvious.

Then in pride he tries to put every culture and diety on the same playing field as a level field...not possible..even to a knowlegable scientist...which James is not and makes no petense to be.
The very book he claims to be folly prohibits this concept...of putting other cultures and their gods on the same field...

As to Jesus having long hair.this is a assumption made by even many christians ...in error..they simply dont know..the custom was short hair..not long hair.. Long hair was more common among the pagans. Also he was not a good looking man...this is obvious..none of the pictures made by men are accurate...as we have very few physical descriptions of him..only in the barest of terms do we have this...such as " he was hard to look upon " by the pharisees.

As to these rantings about stoning and gays that James the Lesser goes on about so vehemently...James must always put anyone who disagrees with him ..in a " time warp" to make his points as do many who use such logic and reason..this is textbook "victimization" which is so popular as a default setting today ...and is supposed to allow them carte blanche ...the ability to play through ...unchallenged. In otherwords a free pass..based on guilt ..asserted usually by a time warp logic. You people would do well to catch on to this technique..as it ...is very popular today.
The facts known by Christians ..are...that they are to seperate from this corruption ..stoning is not necessary. Stoning is Olde Testament not New Testament. Come out from amongst them and be ye seperate. As explained in previous posts..Christians are a sect...meaning seperate....seperated from..not joining in to every expectation of this world. What James would have Christians to do is join in his views as non sectarian. The method of this world is to not allow Christians the ability to seperate ..from anything..but to be made to join in.

Most Christians are not against science at all..contrary to what James the Lesser would have people believe. We are aware that science has created many products, based on sound repeatable principles, that have made our lives better, more convenient, and productive. We are not however intrested in this kind of political science..as a religion and many of us know the difference.

I build nuclear aircraft carriers and submarines here in Virginia for a living..I am also on a team that loads nuclear fuel .in reactors...James the Lesser is not going to be able to tell me anything new or intresting about science that I cannot learn for myself....especially about radioactive half life of elements. Furthermore...I live right next to the NASA Langley Research Center...lots of scientists around here ..active and retired with whom I can consult. Some of them live in my neighborhood.

Also..agree.with Amuk..the moderator...the insults here are out of control.
For someone who is steeped in logic and reason ...James the Lesser prefers emotion and the baggage that goes with it to pass as excellence..obviously not knowing the difference.

Hope this very low standard of performance can be made to calm down..
It gets tiring..I can get this stuff on Rikki or Jerry..and I do not believe the moderators want the boards to deteriorate to this condition.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
SCIENCE IS NOT A RELIGON! A religon requires a diety that doesn't exist, it requires old guys raping little boys, and it requires ignoramuses to follow.

Science is a religon like bald is a hair color.

Again, SCIENCE IS NOT A RELIGON! IT IS REALITY! Are you saying reality is a religon? Are you saying gravity, physics, relativity, are a religon? Just goes to show how little people know ouside of mass murder/raping/stealing from the people.

Posted this earlier, but of course no one without a brain reads it cause it might make them think. Not my work, but don't know who used it originally.

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian
10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Mainly look at number 3. Sorry, but science wins because it is based on facts/reality. So unless Reality is a religon, you are wrong.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 28-4-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Zooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Science is a religon like bald is a hair color.

Actually, "science is a religion" like "Elvis didn't do any drugs". It is a matter of interpretation.

4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yes Raphael, but science isn't faith, it is real. Faith is something from religon, it isn't based on anything but itself, while science has proof of what it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Yes Raphael, but science isn't faith, it is real.

Isn't it based on faith?

Factual knowledge is gained through actual experience (Empirical Research).
Scientific information is gained through observation.
Scientific information is gained through manipulation.

Without actual experience (observation or manipulation), you do not have knowledge.

Science is taught in many forms in schools. Not all of it is accompanied by actual experience. Rather, a teacher relays information that "someone" obtained scientifically.

You trust your teacher to tell you the truth so you believe the information that is provided.

You have faith that the information that was taught is correct, even though you do not have knowledge that it is indeed correct.

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Raphael_UO]

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Raphael,

Well done...well done..Much better than I could have said it.
Orangetom

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That the best you can do tom? Zoom and "gee, thanks raph foir doing what I should be doing."? Wow, maybe we will get some else to type for you in case that is to much work.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That the best you can do tom? Zoom and "gee, thanks raph foir doing what I should be doing."? Wow, maybe we will get some else to type for you in case that is to much work.

I truly think Raphael is being way too kind putting up with your hilarious crap James, but I must say he is doing a great job explaining everything clearly.

I am a christian but I do not like discussing a subject with someone as disrespectfull and plain rude as you are.
That explains my offensive attitude in this thread.

Now let's see wether you (James) are able to ask me one single question in a normal and civil way and I'll reply without attacking you.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hey Jakko, here some food for thought. Well, if you and all the other head up bum christians can take the time to read/learn about THE REAL WORLD. You see, there is this place called Earth, we all follow the same rules in the real world. Now, in your fairyland where grass is blue and purple with pink polka dots and the sky is birght yellow with a dark silver sun, everything from it is wrong.

You see, Exodus, ALL OF IT! Is BS. None of it happened, for there never were ANY Hebrew SLAVES! So, Throw out an entire book in the bible.

Also, for people who like the real world and not fairyland, go here.
www.evilbible.com...
Some things from it....
I deal with Christian lies on a daily basis. These lies range from the myth that Einstein was a theist, to the claim that there is conclusive evidence for Jesus’ existence. I had to make this page so that I could collect some common lies told and present the truth behind the matter. There are hundreds of things I feel compelled to discuss but I shall limit it to a top five list. The top five lies Christian’s tell:

Darwin recanted on his deathbed. This is completely fabricated and has no foundation in truth whatsoever. A woman named “Lady Hope” spoke to a church group shortly after the death of Charles Darwin. She claimed that she was at Darwin’s bedside on the day of his death. She also claimed that Darwin recanted on evolution and accepted Jesus on his deathbed. Her claims are not only unsupported, but are directly opposed by Darwin’s daughter, Henrietta. Henrietta stated “I was present at his deathbed, Lady Hope was not present during his last illness, or any illness. I believe he never even saw her, but in any case she had no influence over him in any department of thought or belief. My father never recanted any of his scientific views, either then or earlier. I am upset that the U.S. Christians have fabricated this conversion nonsense. The whole story has no foundation whatever.” February 23, 1922.

Evolution has been proven false (is only a theory). Evolution can be divided into two parts, macro and micro. Micro evolution is a fact, where as macro evolution remains a theory due to debates on the exact steps of the evolutionary process. EVOLUTION DID HAPPEN we simply can’t trace the exact evolutionary steps of the of the 3 trillion plus species on earth. Considering there is no way that we can even prove if we have located all the species on earth, this may always remain a theory. We can prove though, beyond a doubt, that humans have evolved. We can trace it back conclusively 3.6 million years. 97% of all scientists accept evolution (so does the Catholic Church). Christians have spread lies about this excessively, they especially like to say evolution preaches that Humans evolved from monkeys. Evolution does not state that humans evolved from monkeys, that idea is completely absurd. Science states that monkeys and humans evolved from a shared forefather and are hence relatives, (all primates are) but we are in no way direct descendants of them.

And this....
I hear so many Christians now a days claim that the Old Testament is defunct for Jesus was the “lamb” to clear away its rules and regulations. This is just another bull# scapegoat that Christians use to ignore the atrocities and bizarre laws commanded by their god. Their preachers spoon feed them that the Old Testament is no longer binding so that they can excuse the majority of evil that the bible promotes. I am so tired of Christians manipulating the scriptures so that they can assign a kinder nature to their God, that I have assembled a BRIEF list of verses which clearly show that the Old Testament is not to be ignored. Its laws should indeed be adhered to, for the New Testament demands it! After this section I shall list where the Bible contradicts itself concerning other laws.

1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

Keep going on the site, great site. But of course have Jakko or other nut cases come here and scream "I'm right cause I said so! Forget science/fact/real world, I'm right cause I said so!!!!!" BOOM! Their head explodes from all the blood rushing to it.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Hey Jakko, here some food for thought. Well, if you and all the other head up bum christians can take the time to read/learn about THE REAL WORLD. You see, there is this place called Earth, we all follow the same rules in the real world. Now, in your fairyland where grass is blue and purple with pink polka dots and the sky is birght yellow with a dark silver sun, everything...

That's where I stopped reading.
I'm not sure wether you were interested in having an actual conversation with me, but if you do, then please try to lose the fruitcake style of writing.

I think your posts can be summed up in just a few sentences, but your constant loonatic additions make it very annoying to weed through.

As for no evidence for Jesus, check out www.jesusfactorfiction.com... for some info about proof of Jesus' existance.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wait, you said you stopped reading, then replied to some of the things from my post. Did you lie? Oooo, you going to hell! Unless you repent, which to me is BS. I mean Charles Manson, Jeffery Lionel Dahmer, Hitler, Pope John Paul The II, all they have to do is say "Forgive me!" And they in heaven. Gee, what's the fricking point of being good if all you have to do is say "Forgive me!" and poof, you in heaven when you die.

Edit: Intersting Side Note. This is where suicide gets the nickname "Unforgivable Sin" from. All other sins you can say "Bless me father for I have sinned, Forgive me!" and poof, in heaven when you die. But suicide, well, you dead, you can't repent, so no way to be forgiven.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I did stop reading, I just couldn't help looking at your link.
James, honestly, look at that website and tell me what you think.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Jakko]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think James and Jakko may have a little crush on each other.

Tat's sweet.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I think James and Jakko may have a little crush on each other.

Tat's sweet.

Can I pay you to get James banned?
My parents have a lot of money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join