It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Strike on NYC - Scenario

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You do know I don't count Great Britain when I say Europe, right? And I don't see any other country in war in Iraq... Balkans? I won't even comment on... But ok you wanted it, noone needs foreign troops in the Balkans.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by khruschev
You do know I don't count Great Britain when I say Europe, right?

Then you cant possibly call it europe, its just a group of countries you hate.
I',m sorry if your going to generalise then you must take into account what you say.

And I don't see any other country in war in Iraq

Any other country in war?
Please dont tangent.

... Balkans?

We have troops in there still flying chopers out of the local airbase.

I won't even comment on... But ok you wanted it, noone needs foreign troops in the Balkans.

Why?
Some one needed to stop the blood shed, why not us?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What bloodshed? The one from 1991-1995? or the one from 1997-1999? For the first one a lot of time has passed and things are ok now... Troops should be removed. As for the ones in Kosovo, they are protecting the terrorists, the KLA(UCK-OVK) instead of the Serb civilians... Yugoslav army should be there not KFOR.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

What bloodshed? The one from 1991-1995? or the one from 1997-1999? For the first one a lot of time has passed and things are ok now... Troops should be removed. As for the ones in Kosovo, they are protecting the terrorists, the KLA(UCK-OVK) instead of the Serb civilians... Yugoslav army should be there not KFOR.

Take your pick.
So wait, we have troops in SK and german several decades after the wars yet your complaining about us haveing a few ground troops and chopper (only sea kings BTW) in the balklands only being there for a decade and a half....?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yes I am because the conflict between South Korea and DPR of Korea is of a much different nature than the ones in the Balkans. As for the Germany first of all they don't complain much, they are in NATO and they made much worse things to all the countries than what happened in the Balkans. Also Germany was the Western "coldline"

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Yes I am because the conflict between South Korea and DPR of Korea is of a much different nature than the ones in the Balkans. As for the Germany first of all they don't complain much, they are in NATO and they made much worse things to all the countries than what happened in the Balkans. Also Germany was the Western "coldline"

So what?
The germans do complain, every country with a US base complains.
Would you like US nukes on your soil?
Germany itself and the majority of its people were inocent, it was the NAZI's, SA and SS that done almost all of the "worst stuff".

The forces in the balklands are there to stop a war from happening, they have a duty to prevent another war starting up.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Another war between ex-SFR Yugoslavia republics is impossible, they are to weak for another war. War against Albanian terrorists should continue though until there are no more KLA and other extremist groups, killing Serbs and other non-Albanians in Kosovo.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Another war between ex-SFR Yugoslavia republics is impossible, they are to weak for another war. War against Albanian terrorists should continue though until there are no more KLA and other extremist groups, killing Serbs and other non-Albanians in Kosovo.

Now , yes....but not forever.
Anyone who wishes more war is unmoral to me.....since it goes against my morals.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
War against terrorism IS moral, and should be conducted globally.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

War against terrorism IS moral, and should be conducted globally.

Any person with a gun and has a political opinion can be labeled a terrorist.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
At least I don't go around killing civilians... And children... And women... And old people...

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

At least I don't go around killing civilians... And children... And women... And old people...

Every military has done that, what you done is not at question....please do not tangent.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Everyone has made mistakes, but a goal for an Army is not to kill or harm civilians, I agree that accidents happen, but did the Chechen terrorists kill so many children in the Beslan school by accident? Or it looked like a military camp to them??? Did the Tu-134 and Tu-154 seem like MiGs or Shukhois to them??? Did the Boeings and WTC look like F-15's, F-16's and a military airflield to them??? The only answer is NO. They are fanatics born to kill innocent people and run from the ones that can actually defend themselves (i.e. soldiers).

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I know some of the stuff in that article was exagerated, but what if some crazy group of terrorists managed to get a few and set the all of in different major U.S. cities at once?

Of course they would have to be a very wealthy group or some "rogue nation" as the President likes to say.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Everyone has made mistakes, but a goal for an Army is not to kill or harm civilians, I agree that accidents happen, but did the Chechen terrorists kill so many children in the Beslan school by accident? Or it looked like a military camp to them??? Did the Tu-134 and Tu-154 seem like MiGs or Shukhois to them??? Did the Boeings and WTC look like F-15's, F-16's and a military airflield to them??? The only answer is NO. They are fanatics born to kill innocent people and run from the ones that can actually defend themselves (i.e. soldiers).

Anyone can be labelled a terrorist, as I have said you've listed murderers.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Personally, I think America stabbed our fellow Christain Serbs in the back by taking the side of the Muslim Albanians. The Serbs only reacted after the "friendly" Albanians started killing Serb Police and civilians.

Now the back-door to Europe is wide open and we can look forward to a future of Jihad and throat-cutting. If my history is correct, the Serbs were our allies during WW II and the Albanians wore Nazi uniforms.....ah well, I guess Clinton did what he had to do to get him and Monica off the front page.

Max

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I dont underdtand why it is 1.5 million people dead.

NYC is about 8-9 Million and 24-27 Million in metropolitan area.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hmmm, wouldn't that be IRONY if the city that produced the Manhattan Project were to get a taste of its own medicine?

Why bother calling it anything else?

If you live in New York, move. Its not justifiable to live there any more, its just a big target on a map.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
If you live in New York, move. Its not justifiable to live there any more, its just a big target on a map.

For some it's not that easy. Not everyone can afford to pack up all of their worldly belongings and head for safer ground. Some may not want to even if they can. There are some people in this world who even in the face of such threats will stand firm, regardless of the possible impacts.

I for one did relocate my family from a large city to a smaller town. We did this less then a year before 9-11. Not because we had some crazy spooky feeling about living there anymore, but rather to give a better life to our kids.

This is a scenario that sounds liek science fiction, but it is based on science fact. It doesn't neccesarily have to be NYC, It could be Boston, Chicago, St. Louis, Houston, Las Vegas, Seattle or LA. Were a "group" to detonate a nuclear device within the densist area of any major city the destruction and causalty rates would be astronomical. Beyond that would be the fear and panic that such an attack would illicit.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Within 24 to 48 hours after the blast some Arab news network or website will broadcast a video of Osama Bin Laden praising whoever it was he had carry out the attack and he will urge Muslims around the world to rise up now and he will further taunt and threaten the US. During the same 24-48 hour period all US government leadership will have gone to ground as a very well planned and detailed counterstrike begins. Marshall law is declared coast to coast. Of course all air traffic is grounded. The National Guard and every law enforcement agency is out in stunning force.

Text

Iran is and always has been Al Qaedas greatest facilitator. The mini-nuke that has been in the news for a while is loaded onto B-1s.B-2s and B-52s. Tehran does not go up in one giant 20 megaton mushroom cloud. The retaliatory strikes are pinpoint accurate and devestate all military facilities and all nuke related facilities which are actually military anyways. After key targets have been vaporized tens of thousands of US troops pour across the northern and southern borders almost unopposed. The remaining Iranian government is hunted down captured or killed. Islam remains quite intact. Syria may also be targeted.

Text

As for the Russians Moscow offers as much assistance as possible while they nervously scramble to find out if the nuke used on NYC was one of theirs and may also declare marshall law in order to insure that no ones trying to make off with black market radioactive material. North Korea thinking their next on the strike list scramble to hide the few nukes and sensitive equipment. In the confusion they nuke themselves through crude safeguards and mishandling of the rudimentary warheads they do have. China sweeps into North Korea as soon as they can to restore order and to keep millions of refugees from pouring across their border. China hurredly locates and disassembles the remaining nukes.

Text

As for whats left of New York. The five years after the blast sees the most miraculous rebirth of destroyed industry the world has ever seen. The initial blast radius remains to hot for any real reconstruction. Nearly the entire population of the state relocates farther out building new cities and towns and entirely new economies. Ten years after the blast sees new technologies actually make the original city livible again. Radiation is cleaned up at astonoshing rates. Twenty years after the blast millions of people are once again living where the bomb went off. Ironicly the city is ten times cleaner than it was before the blast.

Text

Osama Bin Laden is killed by his own men and his corpse turned over to Pakistani authorities who quickly turn it over to US authorities for verification. Al Zawahiri doesnt last much longer. Al Qaeda destroys itself from within and breaks into warring factions that wipe eachother out. The US can withstand a WMD strike and come out stronger than before. An WMD strike would be the last thing Al Qaeda ever did and they know it. This is why it hasnt happened yet. It will happen and it will be horrible. They just want to stroke their egos for a while before they kill themselves by attacking us with WMDs.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join