It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New pope suffered 1991 brain hemorrhage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The Pope position is one of the most stressful jobs, just like any other job of high visibility, after all he carry the weight of the church in his shoulders.

Will his mental capabilities be in jeopardy after he had a brain hemorrhage 4 years ago?

Will that affect him and his abilities to make decisions for the Church?

VATICAN CITY (CNN) -- When he was a cardinal in 1991, Joseph Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI, suffered a brain hemorrhage "which laid him down for a while, but he recovered from it," said CNN Vatican analyst John Allen on Wednesday.

I wish the new Pope many years of good health.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The fact that Pope Benedict XVI had a brain hemmorage almost 15 years ago (I hadn't heard before now, BTW), is almost kind of eerie. I mean, I am no doctor, I have little or no knowledge of brain hemmorages and their long-term effects.

But your post reminded me of a "Nightline" not too long ago, where Ted Koppel was doing a segment on the new Pope. He said something to the effect that some people were surprised that he was selected due to his age. (I think it is something like 79.)

Then he went on to say that they must have picked an old one, because for whatever reason, right now, the Catholic Church seems to be in need of an "interum" Pope. I wonder if the brain hemmorage of 1991 could insure that he will indeed be "interum".

I obviously don't know the man. I'm not even Catholic. But, like you, I also wish him no harm, and nothing but to live out his days happy, healthy and having a little chat with those abusive priests of 2001ish, and let them know that that's not cool!

I wonder if he is going to get to ride in the Popemobile, or if that was just special to John Paul II?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I apologized for the "4 years ago" you are right was in the 1991, two years ago he had some health problems also.

I also believe he was chosen because he advance age, as a transitional pope.

But with modern science you never know he may live longer than expected, of the stress of his office could take a toll on him.

join