It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silva mind control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Does anyone have experience with silva mind control....

What do you think of it's effectiveness?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I have the meditation cd and it usually just relaxes me alot. I have took the courses and find so far that its not very effective for me. But thats not to say it would'nt benefit you. If you decide to give it a try please keep us posted and let us know what if any effect it has on you.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Actually, when I was in college I had a housemate who was certified as a Silva mind control instructor. He lent me his manual and I practiced many of the exercises. There was one exercise that claimed that if you followed the formula, that you would writ down the topic of a lecturer before. right before he started it. I actually experienced it. I also became "aware of my housemate/instructor on an almost unconscious level. I would see him many times after that, around town... but he wasn't aware of me.
Later he said to me , "How come Silva mind control works so much better foryou, than it does for me....

I read that Henry Silva developed Silva mind control for Army intelligence during the 50's... would be curious to what application they employed it for.

I found the meditation exercises to be in some ways similar to Tibetan Buddihst meditation exercises, ..especially in terms of the process of "visualization.

I understand Silva mind control can also be used to quicken healing time for ingury.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I wanted to bump this and see if there were any new responses. Anyone else try thier home program? I was thinking of getting it? Feedback? Any response would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I took a 3 weekend seminar back in 1978. I found many of the techniques very useful. I have incorporated them into just about all aspects of my life and use them still today. I have personally given many of Jose Silva's Mind Control book to many friends and colleages. I highly recommend the techniques and believe they have greatly improved the quality of all aspects of my life. How much you personally take from it will entirely depend on you.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7
I read that Henry Silva developed Silva mind control for Army intelligence during the 50's... would be curious to what application they employed it for.

I'm not sure of it's uses in the 50's, but, for a more recent alleged use; Andy Pero (the "Montauk Superman") has quite the story to tell.

www.google.com...

If nothing else, it's quite an interesting story/tale.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I found the sections (in the links above) very intriguing in regards to the aspects of torture.
It seems interesting that many of the great religous leaders of the world, to wit: Jesus and the Buddah, both used methods of self-torture. That is to say, they both seemed to have recieved their "power" in full after periods of deprivation and fasting. It has been well documented that extended fasting and isolation can have mind altering effects. The articles referenced seem to indicate, if true, that Silva may be also be using methods of traumatization in order to achieve a higher state of consciousness.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
I found the sections (in the links above) very intriguing in regards to the aspects of torture.
*snip* if true, that Silva may be also be using methods of traumatization in order to achieve a higher state of consciousness.

I wouldn't nescessarily say that "Silva" uses these methods of trauma.

Instead, Pero claims, the military used these methods in conjunction with the Silva method.

None of the reading I've done, on the Silve Method itself, has mentioned any use of traumas as part of the system's "core".

[edit on 4/13/06 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Silva Mind Control Links

Here are some additional search links:

ATS Search: silva mind control

Google: silva mind control

Of course, it's always a good idea to be cautious when popping the hood and tinkering with one's brain.

Especially since no one seems to be able to find the owner's manual for one.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Back in the 70's, I tried quite a few different "meditation" methods, most notably, www.tm.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Transcendental Meditation (TM) and, the topic of this thread, www.silvamethod.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Silva Mind Control. These two systems seemed to actually "work".

What, you might ask, do I mean by "working". Well, like I said, I tried many different systems of meditation and they all seemed to work well at .... teaching meditation. All the systems seem to work on breathing and focusing on the body and TM and Silva were no different. All the various methods of meditation worked at giving the experience of total and complete relaxation. Some, of course seemed to be better than others but, essentially they were all the same.

But I single out TM and Silva because they were, well, a bit "better", more focused, and they somehow seemed to enable me to "tap" into something...."special". I can't describe what I mean by special except to say that I seemed to operate at a different level. Let me explain;

When I gave the Silva Mind Control method (I believe they actually call it something else now -- The Silva Focused Thinking Method (I guess using "Mind Control" had other, more negative, connotations) I took the course in Detroit in the early 70's. It might be different now, considering the name change, but I doubt it. Silva had me focus on my breathing, of course, and on my body. Where it differed was in the way it helped me to use my mind while being in an extremely relaxed state. I liken it to lucid dreaming without being asleep or, for that matter, dreaming. It is a different state -- at least it seemed to be a different state. After I was in a state of deep relaxation, I was trained to use my mind to shift my focus from the breathing sta te and the body. Instead I would visualize a screen -- much like a movie screen -- in which I could "communicate" with, well, myself.

At the time, when I tried different systems and philosophies, I used to tend to throw myself completely into it for a period of time. Silva was no different and I practiced it religiously for nearly a year. That is, I never missed a day wherein I did not practice the meditation techniques Silva taught. Within a very short time, when I would meditate, I would not just be able to visualize a "movie screen" in my mind but I would actually "see" messages on that screen. I would "see" where my lost keys were and later I'd find them. I would, somehow, "know" how to do things like, for example, study for tests. I would actually focus my studies on various topics, themes and questions that invariably would turn up on tests and exams. My sense of timing became impeccable. I found that I would be very sensitive to the moods of others and I'd always "say the right thing". It almost felt as if I were psychic.

I know that none of the examples I gave seem supernatural or special or anything. All I can say is that it certainly seemed that way. In a strange way, it gave me a sense of tremendous self-confidence and I was able to perform at an incredibly high level.

At the time, however, there was an aspect of Silva Mind Control that I did not like and that I found philosophically troubling. It was the concept of meeting, while in deep meditation, what Silva called "the Masters of the Universe" -- I liken them to be "spirit guides". Well, this was a bit too metaphysical for me and that, perhaps more than any other reason, was I stopped using this technique (and, similarly, TM).

However, there was no doubt in my mind that Silva worked and that I did, indeed, function beyond any previous experience. The reason it did this, I surmise, is because I believe Silva to be a form of self-hypnosis that helped focus my mind to become acutely "aware". I became very aware of myself, others and (this is where Silva seemed to differ from other systems) the material world around me.

When I found my lost keys, for example, I thought it to be "magic" of sorts. I thought that they had been lost forever. But I found them in the garbage. I had visualized them inside of the garbage can (this is at the dawning of the plastic garbage bag....we used to just dump our garbage into a can back then). It wasn't supernatural at all. I was, instead, able to focus my thinking and awareness to actually visualize where I had placed my keys and to actually track them to the garbage bag -- perhaps by some sort of deduction. In this case, I had been reading the newspaper and had closed the paper with my keys lying on the paper. My Mom threw the paper away (we didn't recycle back then either).

I know that to simply explain it like this doesn't sound very special but it was in that, I never had to hunt for anything! Oh I lost things but I could always find it through Silva. I always Aced my tests. I knew nothing about automobile engines and yet I knew when I had a cracked distributor even though I really didn't know what that even was!

It was subtle but extremely potent nevertheless. After about eight months or so using this system on a daily basis, I finally stopped because of the aforementioned "masters of the universe". Silva described them that way as intelligent beings would be visualized that seemed to advice me. I know, I know, one would call them products of my imagination that had been implanted, perhaps, through the teachings of the course I took. However, I started to visualize these "intelligences" and it troubled me.

I should add that at the time, I began to study, investigate and research something called "The New Age Movement". I had read a book called Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow by Constance Cumby (or Cumbey) and it somehow struck a chord with me. Constance Cumby, a Detroit area attorney, wrote this book after studying what could only be described as a mother of a conspiracy. She diagram ed a philosophy that stretched from Madame Helena Blavatsky, Alice A. Bailey, Lucis Trust Publishing Company and the Aquarian Conspiracy.

Though this book smacked of fundamentalist Christianity, Constance Cumbey's book touched on Silva Mind Control and it sort of freaked me enough to simply stop using the system.

Anyway, all I can say is that Silva Mind Control definitely was a meditative experience that was uniquely special.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Great responses everyone thanks.
Benevolent tyrant, that was a great post and super helpfull, thanks!

I'm still wondering about the home system, not the seminar. I might take the plunge. Anybody else have anything to add?

top topics

join