It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it all in my imagination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Is my life all just in my imagination, is it just an illusion, all that I see, hear, touch, smell, and taste, is it really real? I only see the world from 1 view and 1 soul so how do I know if there really is other souls out there and that you are not artificial? I see people, life and it looks all automatic and I feel like i'm interacting with one big movie, dream or sommat. I must be god or something and you are all creations of my imagination. Life is just light and one thought that is just me, is this true?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I once had a similar question.

If I was to say that you are right though, you would have to ask yourself another question, "Is this guy just another figment of my imagination, giving me answers that I want to hear?"

If I was to say that you are wrong, you would also have to ask a question: "Am I really wrong or do I subconsciously wish not to be correct in my assumption that all things I have experienced are not real?"

It's an interesting question because it can never truly be answered.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
if we are all in your imagination, are you all in my imagination.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Sounds like the "Brains in Vats theory" Kind of an interesting question to ask yourself. Those not familiar should google it and take a read.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
if we are all in your imagination, are you all in my imagination.

This message could be just in my imagination and my imagination could be trying to trick me to think things are real by pretending to say the above.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I think it's not in your imagination, I think it's your perceptions, and you perceptions are based on your senses and how you interpret them...

but that doesn't mean that what you perceive is really, real....

So reality is always "outside" of us...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
deep man......lol

But seriously, there is a concept that relates to this topic.

Warning: Please don't really try this....it would sicken me.

You place a cat in a box and have poisonous gas set to be fed into the box at a randomly generated time which is unknown to you. Seal the box and make sure you cannot tell if the gas is being released or not. Until you find out (by opening the box) wether the cat is alive or dead, it is both (at least in the universe you live in). However, in the cat's universe, it is either alive or dead, there is no question. The theory was presented in the book "The Elegant Universe" as well as other publications. Its purpose was to illustrate the connection between parrallel universes and perception.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Maybe you are apart of my ego-centric imagination? If it were based on imagination, it would be much more interesting than it is. For instance, I could fly and not be a slave to work.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well this is one of the questions that cant be figured out no matter how hard you think. Because both skeptics and non-skeptics have a point on this matter. You cannot completely trust your senses Ex: You may hear somebody opening the door after you have seen a scary movie and will be frightened. Your mind will make it seem like it could be a monster from the movie. But it turns out to be your Mother walking in. Therefore if the "brain in a vat" theory is true, your brain has the power to make you believe everything you hear,see,touch,smell, and taste.Ex: A dream can do this.

But, this scenario is very very unlikely and will never be proven. There are people who have spent their whole lives wondering about this and have wasted countless years on a subject that cannot be proven no matter how hard you try. So my advice to you is to not worry about it too much and just be happy..

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
maybe we are all a figment of God's imagination...maybe this reality is God's dream...this universe is a part of God's brain...a neuron...

There are a lot of theories...

Steven Hawkins believes that we exist on a thin membrane or realm that we call reality. We are limited to what we perceive by the way our brains work. Our brains were designed to observe this realm or dimension only...and not the others that exist right next to us or parallel to us...

This existence is only temporary.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have wondered if I am just in a dream of my own. Or in a coma while living another life in my subconscious.

Of course, I have an active imagination

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
According to Stephen Hawking our universe is a three dimensional projection of a two dimensional layer from a mathematical point of view.

Which actually means that we COULD be a computer game or holographic projection. Thats highly doubtable but still very interesting...

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
ive thought this many times, but usually ill just pinch myself and wake up
jk

seriously though i do think of that quite a bit also has anyone played the sims or sims 2 or anything, what if we were a game like that to a superior being or God or something or if life was like a big tv show (like the truman show).

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
...I think our "spirit" or aspect of consciousness, comes from "God"....
but it is just a speck to the vastness of his spirit. So our interpretation of
reality is only miniscule...at best...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well hinduiosm just states that the the entire universe is nothing but a computer generated dreamworld and the only way to get out of this dreamworld is through purification.Thats why i believe all religions are wrong except hinduism.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think "religions" try to point us the way to the truth...

but I wouldn't say all other religions are wrong.

I think many religions have similarities because they do try to show us the

way back to God.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I am sorry but I do not think our life is the Matrix

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I don't think our lives are the matrix ,either. But, I think "reality is much MORE than what we perceive....

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I often feel as though I am God and everything else is merely my creation.

top topics

join