It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush The Manchurian Candidate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
In 1959, writer Richard Condon wrote a chilling thriller called the Manchurian Candidate. In 1962 the controversial film was released and had a brief airing on tv. On November 22, 1963, the Democrat JFK was assassinated and his VP, LBJ took over.

Later the rights to the film reverted to Frank Sinatra and the film disappeared from view or circulation. One side saying it was just neglect, the other side saying it was a conspiracy.

After the Democrat JFK was killed and LBJ had his time, a Republican just happened to take the white house after LBJ. Nixon then was involved in Watergate. (Watergate Burglars broke into the Democratic Party's National Committee offices on June 17, 1972.) Apparently someone on the Republican side had something to hide.

----------

Fast forwarding to 2004's presidential election. The movie The Manchurian Candidate for some reason was released again. This time alluding to all conspiracies surrounding Bush.

For those who haven't seen the film such conspiracy references are made:

Manchurian Global: Haliburton (Getting no bid contracts)
An election move to touchscreen computers, hinting fixed (2004 election)
An opponent that cannot win (Gore/minority or Kerry/young vp)

After seeing what has unfolded so far, the movie clearly was an attack on Bush. Manchurian Global is Haliburton and the pawn for them who in the movie was the mother, is Dick Cheney.

==============================================
here is some reference info:

Richard Condon's Manchurian Candidate Book

Manchuria n Candidate (1962)

Frank Sinatra ... Capt./Maj. Bennett Marco
Laurence Harvey ... SSgt. Raymond Shaw
Janet Leigh ... Eugenie Rose Chaney
Angela Lansbury ... Mrs. Iselin
Henry Silva ... Chunjin
James Gregory ... Sen. John Yerkes Iselin
Leslie Parrish ... Jocelyn Jordan
John McGiver ... Sen. Thomas Jordan
Khigh Dhiegh ... Dr. Yen Lo
James Edwards ... Cpl. Alvin Melvin

Manchurian Candidate (2004) *Election Year

Denzel Washington ... Ben Marco
Liev Schreiber ... Raymond Shaw
Meryl Streep ... Eleanor Shaw
Anthony Mackie ... Robert Baker
Kimberly Elise ... Rosie
Jeffrey Wright ... Al Melvin
Pablo Schreiber ... Eddie Ingram

ed. to shorten links with BB code

[edit on 16-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I saw both movies. I got the impression the remake just used modern day events to modernize the movie.

Where's the conspiracy here?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If you read my post you would see them. I specifically stated, such conspiracy references are made..and had a list.

You know someone spends time to write and create these threads before you chime in and say where's the conspiracy.

The whole book/movie is a conspiracy theory. What are you saying? That's really inconsiderate.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Fast forwarding to 2004's presidential election. The movie The Manchurian Candidate for some reason was released again. This time alluding to all conspiracies surrounding Bush.

Uh, pardone me for saying this, but there was nothing in the 2004 remake the alluded to Bush at all.

In fact, if you notice Shaw was a democrat in the movie, not a republican (he has a stranglehold on the NE and Cali in the elections, needs help in the SE and MW).

This thread is just silly.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
the character in the remake seemed to me more like kerry (ie dubious war hero and injured shoulder)

new topics

top topics

join