It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camouflage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
www.big-boys.com...

If this video is true, could it help to explain how we've never seen certain creatures, if they can hide and blend in this well and this quickly.

Part of me isn't sure if this is true or not, but if so it could help a lot of creatures hide in Jungles, etc, etc. (Although I know there's a large difference between a mammal, lizard, etc.)

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Already talked about here....

Amazing footage of how an octopus defends itself...

Pretty sure its real.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Its definitly real. The octopus' survival is dependant upon it, so its very specialized and very good at it.

Even tho there is another thread on this, I am going to leave it up here, so long as the discussion centers around how this can apply to cryptids.

Its a good point, if an octopus can do that, and we know that the octopus exists and can't even find it, then imagine what a cryptid can do. Certainly, there must be some types of octopus that remian cryptic because of this ability, and perhaps entire groups of animals are able to do this.

Also notice that in the evolution of the octopus, the eye was developed rather independantly of other animals. Perhaps then this camouflage ability has similarly been independantly developed in other closely related but as yet unknown and speculative animals.

new topics

join