It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem. or Rep. not enough choices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Democrat or republican that it ,well almost. But these are the partys controlling America and have been for more than a century. What can we do, it seems nothing, why because noone stands up against these large partys that has enough money or power. So why write about? for the message can be heard.
I dream everyday about a country controlled by more than two groups, where we have more diversity and more choices. I believe it is time for some other party to be created that can stand up against these two majorities and become the third. Not just another independent party but a strong willed and backed party of the majority of regular hard working people of america. A party that can stand up for those who break a sweat everyday for our glorious country. What I am asking for is to just hear from everyone out there who would like change in this country and agrees with what i think, and maybe some day in the future the whole country can figure this out and make a change.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
For my own part, I am not convicned that a two party system is really that much of a problem. With the mulit-party systems, there's often a problem of having to form coalition governments, and a lot of internal parliamentary politics, whereas in the two party system, the 'government' doesn't collapse because a small group defects.

In the US, for example, if teh christian conversavtives don't want to play nice, it doesn't matter, because they are subsumed in the Republican party and there is no coallition government. They can still have influence, but they can't have these 'no-confidence' measures and all the politicing.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The 2-party system works when your party is winning, and follows your beliefs!

I may not like the way the deficit is being handled by my party, or the way immigration is handled. So what do I do? I contact Republican leaders and let my feelings be known. If enough people within the Republican party do this, it will at some point become part of the Republican Parties platform.

Even though I might not like the way certain issues are handled, I know that the Democrats could not do any better anyway. So the faith in my party is restored, just by that fact.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nygdan said it very well.

I'd actually like to see the two parties, a strong third party, and a very weak fourth. The third and fourth, not so much because they'll get poistions of power, but so that they can bring issues to the table that might normally be brushed aside, and force the main parties to think a little more, and act a little more. Much better for the American people.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Join the Green party

As soon as Im old enough to vote Im gonna register there.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
My problem with the Green Party is that they don't present themselves on a full scale to compete with the Dems and GOP. Every year, they're there to force an agenda, and good on them for doing it, but they'll never succeed if they don't present a national and global agenda aside from "Save the whales!"

top topics

join