It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy..and our Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
What rights do we have to protect of our privacy? Appears none now.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2005/04/15/BUG3JC8U341.DTL

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
After reading through the cited source article (rather trying to read), I arrived to a conclusion. Either I have lost my reading and grasping ability
or the writer just rambles on and on and on..starting with a internet people search website to some suicide pact cult... I certainly hope its the latter

Anyways, this Zaba search engine wont be a big bother. I dont think they would list anything for free which is not available in a phonebook. As for the paid search is concerned, it already is available.

More, privacy issues would arise out of the recent data loss by ChoicePoint, Bank of America and Lexis Nexis, I mean the real data...credit reports, social security numbers etc..
news.zdnet.com...
news.zdnet.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

And, dont be harsh on me if I missed something in the cited source article

I really couldnt read through it

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Quake] Smileys did not work

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Quake]

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
What rights do we have to protect of our privacy? Appears none now.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2005/04/15/BUG3JC8U341.DTL

all the information gathered at zaba are from sources anyone with a little time to research, or $10 bucks, could get online in under an hour. they don't call it the information super-highway for nothing!
but we have to pay some prices for that information, and one of them is a lack of some privacy. just like every email you send can be read by someone else....any information on your computer, no matter if you delete it, can still be found....etc etc i have more issues with banks losing financial information than someone being able to find my address on zaba...well in my case my old address... just my 2-

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Big brother is taking my picture. Probably in more places than I've mentioned here, but if anyone is interested:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Just out of curiousity, I tried the Zabasearch.com website and searched for myself. It didn't show my two addresses over the past 4 years, but it did show my address from over 4 years ago. So, I guess I'm not to concerned... yet.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As with most activities of this type, it is about ease of gaining information. It is also a matter of time, things don't always work as they should now but what of the future.....

I know we are probably fighting a losing battle and I will probably be dead before total invasion of my privacy is a problem - but what of those who follow?

Quake what was the issue with Lexis Nexis?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Quake what was the issue with Lexis Nexis?

Personal Information of 300,000+ people was stolen by thieves/hackers.

news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050412/tc_nm/media_lexisnexis_dc_2

NEW YORK/AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Data broker LexisNexis said Tuesday that personal information may have been stolen on 310,000 U.S. citizens, or nearly 10 times the number found in a data breach announced last month.

An investigation by the firm's Anglo-Dutch parent Reed Elsevier determined that its databases had been fraudulently breached 59 times using stolen passwords, leading to the possible theft of personal information such as addresses and Social Security numbers.

LexisNexis, which said in March that 32,000 people had been potentially affected by the breaches, will notify an additional 278,000 individuals whose data may have been stolen.

DC Fusion

Just out of curiousity, I tried the Zabasearch.com website and searched for myself. It didn't show my two addresses over the past 4 years, but it did show my address from over 4 years ago. So, I guess I'm not to concerned... yet.

Zabasearch.com did not yield any information on me..yahooo
Wait...was I using my screen name

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Do you mean to tell me your name ISN'T Quake, - Quake. What a shame, it so suits you.

[edit on 24/4/2005 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Eeeeek!!!!!!
I do show up on that site. I think they must use property tax records, or something, as they are public record.
If you do find yourself and go to the terms page, there is a Tool to click on to remove/edit your information. I'll see how well the tool works

new topics

top topics

join