It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hi!
I'm a student at university. Could anyone give me any book reference about Atlantis? I read the stories by Plato and I'd like to get more information. It's to be used in a research paper. Thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Have a look around this link you are sure to find something needed

www.atlantisresearch.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Thank you for the information! Really nice and useful! Great reading!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I think they may be on to something here, i find it entirely possible that atlantis was right were plato said it was. At or near the pillars of hercules.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Yeah, it might be there, but then, the island could not be as big as they thought it was. I'd like to go swimming down there and explore... might be fun to see.

What do you think about the idea of Atlantis being near India? I think it might also be a possible location...

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I suppose it's possible although i find it hard to believe that people in india could have almost complete control of the mediteranean as plato states, much easier to do that when your there.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Google on "Atlantis Altiplano"

Have fun....

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What if Atlantis as we have come to understand it is just a representation of a civilization that spanned the entire world at that time? It would certainly acount for similarities in ancient ruins such as pyramids, similar meanings for expression when no contact exists between cultures, and similar legends and myths from one part of the world to another.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It was their farthest island outpost, toward the west, that sank into the sea. The Sea King who ruled the lost island was known in legend by the locals as Quetzalcoatl. Quetzalcoatl came from the east and taught the Toltec in the arts of metalworking, agriculture and government administration. He then sailed off toward the east and was never seen again. Place a large missing island in the Caribbean and call it Phoenician territory and there you have the outpost that was east of Tenochtitlan (Mexico City), the location where Quetzalcoatl came from. He never returned because the island sank.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If it's for academics, I'd go with Crete as Atlantis. The Minoans were an ancient, seafaring culture with a high standard of living and apparent gender equality. That had no fortification, and met their downfall at the explosion of a volcano on Santorini. The other advantage is its right in the heart of where the myth spawned from.

If you want to try for a little out there, there's a guy who has a fairly logical theory for Indonesia. The premise is that 11,000 years ago volcanic activity in the area spurred the end of the Ice age.

Atlan.org

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
I think they may be on to something here, i find it entirely possible that atlantis was right were plato said it was. At or near the pillars of hercules.

The Pillars of Hercules was a common name for any narrow straight between high cliffs or highlands. Old maps show many places were given that description throughout the Mediterranean and Indian Ocean. The Straight of Gibraltar is only one of many. So which Pillars were Plato referring to?

new topics

top topics

join