It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Conspiracy To Promote Bush Sex Appeal Fails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
... badly.

Dubya is rated a 2 or less by the women of the world. This is a sad state of affairs for a POTUS impersonator, given that he already has the lowest approval rating of all time for a second term President.

www.stuff.co.nz...

Bush gets low marks for sex appeal
15 April 2005

LOS ANGELES: He may be leader of the free world and Time magazine's "Person of the Year," but a new international survey of women makes certain that US President George W Bush is far from being the sexiest man alive.

In a recent online poll conducted by Esquire magazine, 11,000 women in 15 countries were asked to rate Bush's sex appeal on a scale of one to 10, and America's commander-in-chief failed to register much more than a two.

Women in Australia, Germany and the Netherlands were the harshest judges of George W's sexual allure, giving him an average rating of 1.4 each, Esquire said in its survey released earlier this week.

By contrast, Indonesian women were the most generous, giving Bush an average score of 2.2; American women found their president slightly less appealing, rating him a 2.1.

THERE'S THE ANSWER!!! The highest sex appeal rating he received was in Indonesia, with a humongous 2.2!!! What a smouldering volcano of hot love... get him over there pronto, for a photo op!

You will know the scale of the conspiracy when this fails to get a mention in the US tabloids...

[edit on 14-4-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well...he's not ugly or anything. But I for one find intelligence and compassion sexy and I find him to be neither. Then there's always that TOO QUICK thing which is undesirable. And in his case has proven to be downright dangerous!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wow you guys are really reaching now indicting Bush for not being "sexy."

I think the President is good looking, but even if he isn't, I'd rather have an ugly President whom we know is in bed with his wife by 11pm than a slick willy slumming with his interns all night long like another one (whom I assume you think looks like the cat's meow) we had in the not too distant past...

BTW, how again is this a political conspiracy???

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Masked.. you really need to reread the topic to your post. It is quite funny if your mind is in the gutter.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
You will know the scale of the conspiracy when this fails to get a mention in the US tabloids...
[edit on 14-4-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

Ahhh....Don't listen to the bushies MA, they'll defend Dubya no matter what. Even if it means having to say "He's Sexy!"

For those wondering how it relates to a conspiracy, the answer is in the last line of MA's post. Now, without that last line in there I'd have to agree that such a thread is really just taking sucker punches at old "hatchet face" here. But as MA has pointed out, this makes for a nice "test" in finding out just how controlled the media is. Especially the sh*t talking tabloids who make bank off printing stuff like this.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Just an opinion, but I think that politics is playing into this.

It was an international survey, and if you notice who gave him the lowest marks, it becomes pretty aparent that their dislike of his policy is at least partly to blame for their scores.

It makes little difference to me though - I don't base my opinion of presidents by their looks.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Lets face it Bush isn't going to compare to Clinton on that level (not that I noticed lol). That isn't what I want my president to be known for. Look where it got Clinton. I'd rather my president be known as a statesman, a leader, a thinker, a representative of the people. What women think about his "appeal" doesn't mean squat to me.

Besides... trying to make Bush appear sexy is like trying to fix a busted dam with bubble gum (thanks for the idea Clark Griswold).

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Just an opinion, but I think that politics is playing into this.

Of course, and vision. Some combination of the two anyway. Personally I think it's the gooberish chuckle. Hehehe. Creepout factor is high on that one. It's like he's running reels of America's Funniest Home video's in his head. Hehehe. Got hit in the nads. Not too attractive.

But I don't think it was political on the part of Esquire. As a men's magazine I wouldn't exactly call it "Macho," but you know, it's Neo-Macho.

But Esquire magazine's Global Survey of the Female Species was not confined to questions about Bush.

Eighty-three per cent of Italian women said they preferred sex to cuddling, for instance, compared to 63 per cent of American women.

And while American women said it takes an average of 5.5 dates with a man before having sex with him, Swedish women said they would sleep with a man after 4 dates, the survey showed.

The poll was about women. Bush was just a casualty of friendly fire.

To Masked Avatar's titled point, this was engineered to be a soft ball media talking point. I'm sure it was originally envisioned he'd come out high average, like suprisingly so. The kind of interesting story you have in mind when asking a slack jawed question like this is well his policy may be unpopular internationally, but the ladies know a good looking Esquire man when they see one.
And that obviously didn't happen. The low ratings are so bad CNN almost seemed embarrased reporting them just now. Almost.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
What in the heck does being "sexy" have to do with being the President?

I like President Bush, except for a few of his policies, and none of the reasons relate to whether he is sexy or not.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
here's the problem as I see it, Esquire magazine asked the wrong sex they should have asked Bald gay men

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Everyone is right in a way.

I nominate the third poster as having the attitude necessary to be best successor to Gannon/Guckert as Whitehouse "journalist". Gannon/Guckert would generally know where the pretend POTUS was at 11.00pm, when he
wasn't with his wife, LOL!

Personally, the possessor of a small brain that is further addled by excessive coc aine, marijuana and alcohol use comes across as particularly unsexy to me, whether he/she/it is male or female.

top topics

join