It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Blimps in 1960's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Does anyone have any info on 'Stealth blimps' or other sightings of optical stealth craft in the early 60's?

since I was five my dad has told me about a sighting he had in a field. He said the craft was flying about a hundred feet above the treetops, completely silent, and about 70-100 feet long. He said it looked like the zepplin; but sleeker; and without any wings or cockpit. He said it blended in with the sky; like it was almost transparent. It passed right over him silently; on a straight coarse until out of sight. I thought at first he might have seen a large weather balloon; but he said he had seen weather balloons before and was not even close to being one.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Have not found much on 'stealth blimps' of the 1960s, but have run across these mentions.

From Popular Mechanics on Skunk Worls and their projects.

SKUNK WORKS MAGIC by Jim Wilson

Investigation Casts Light on the Mysterious Flying Black Triangle

NIDS researchers contend that these type vehicles are lighter-than-air, blimp-style craft of the U.S. military's making. Likely powered by "electrokinetic" drive, the lifting body-shaped airships have been skirting the skies from perhaps the early to mid 1980s.

stealth blimps

ATS past topics mentioning 'Stealth Blimps'

seekerof

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i always thought that a stealth blimp was a good explanation for the "phoenix lights"....the slow methodical movement lended itself to it, and i THINK there were eyewitness reports of it having some sort of cloaking aspect to it, that reflected the sky and stars around it.....but then again there are conflicting reports that people saw a solid craft as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
well
the reports may not conflict after all

perhaps the "stealth blimp" requires a sizeable energy output to achieve the "stealth effects"

so;
the ones who saw 'stars reflected' or whatever they mean by that
perhaps could have seen the blimp while it was testing its 'cloaking abilitys'

and perhaps those that saw a ' solid craft' saw the object when it was 'recharging its batterys'

so ; under this speculation
it is very possible that
all the eye witness reports work togeather perfectly

just a thought

any ideas?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
that sounds plausible, actually.

in the OP, there is a link to a space.com article implying that the stealth blimps and the "black triangle" craft with the white light on each corner, etc are one and the same. i can't agree with that though, as there are too many differences -- firstly, i don't think the blimp had the single white lights on each corner with the red in the middle. secondly, i don't think the object in phoenix demonstrated any "spectacular" movement like the black triangles (moving miles away in seconds, etc.) -- the phoenix object was slow and methodical. thirdly, i'm not sure that the black triangles are quite the size of the phoenix object -- it seemed a lot bigger than the triangles (although i could be wrong on this -- heck....i could be wrong on ALL of this!!)

i do believe that both, however, ARE black budget, military craft...of course, this is IMHO -- i have no concrete proof. some interesting things that make me lean this way are that the objects only appear at night -- i've never seen or heard of them being observed in full daylight, as are other objects, such as saucers and cigars. that makes me tend to believe that there is at least some effort made by the controllers of these objects to operate them under some sort of cover....although it is odd that their flight patterns tend to make them observable to many people.

also, the movements of these craft make me lean in an "earthly" direction regarding their origins. in the case of the phoenix object, it really behaved like a blimp in its movements -- very slow, deliberate, and methodical. as for the black triangles, although they display "otherwordly" movements -- such as the "jumping", their are also eyewitness accounts of "earthly" banking movements and the like -- i can justify the "jumping" ability as a byproduct of some new propulsion system that our government has been keeping under wraps.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by el cid]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Sorry, I forgot to include that the sighting was during a completely clear afternoon.

I have looked into hundreds of sightings of UFO's and have never came across a sighting as vivid as my fathers.

I have been into UFOlogy since I was five because of this sighting my father has told me of, and other sightings my family has observed.

I sounds to me that the sighting my dad had in the 1960's was probably military related. Most likely a testing of stealth technology for the cold war.

His story is very real and true; he is a very serious and straight the point kind of person.

top topics

join