It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scary scenerio terrorists with UUVs, UAVs, and UGVs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well with Unmanned technology getting more widespread and advanced, terrorists may have there hands on say mini UAVs that could be used for a variety of roles. One surveliance they could spy on key buildings or instalations to find weakness's in security or structures. Two they could be configured to ram into buildings or instalations. There of course is more threats but my question is what technology out there do we have to counter these threats?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Ok I think someone would notice a UAV hovering outside the stock exchange. And I'm sure some good radio jamming and disrupting systems will take care of the UAV's.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hmm

UAV, I have put the U in bold for a reason, it means unmanned, aka it doesn't need a pilot to fly it or control it, so I don't see how those "good" jammers are going to do, also westpoint please don't be so vague, I would appreciate some links on the jammers you speak out, you are correct if it was a RC UAV then yes a common stand off jammer would do it but you can download software from the net that can control your RC plane hands off, it isn't hard.

As for Terrorists, I suppose there is always a possability that it could be used for some thing other than the orginal designer and hobby folks out there meant it for, but so are many other things on the open market.

- Phil

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What makes you so paranoid about terrorists???

Terrorists are not out to get you or your people at all. Its your corrupt government and there nasty tales that scare you.

Seriously why would they want to use unmaned vehicles when they are not scared to take there own lives.

Educate yourself on the history of the US and UK forces training Bin laden to fight the Soviets, they found out some people were playing both sides in the middle and are simply getting revenge.

Thing is it's not the government or the people they should be attacking its the Federal reserve, the world bank, the bank of england etc. etc. as these were the people funding both the bin laden weapons and the soviet union.

TRUST ME! Do not listen to everything the american news press tell you. Most of it is true but ALOT of it they keep behind the scenes to get you to make up your mind quicker!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
your right Hunting Veritas we should never take terrorism seriously, all the American press is just trying to scare us and that 9/11 was a hollywood scene. no americans were hurt during the scene taking.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
your right Hunting Veritas we should never take terrorism seriously, all the American press is just trying to scare us and that 9/11 was a hollywood scene. no americans were hurt during the scene taking.

so how many wars are you lot going to use the same excuess?
even so the people that caused 9/11 are the people that the US created and shacked up with for years

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There's even conspiracy that it was the US government itself that orchestrated the 9/11 attacks then blamed it on bin Laden (or maybe bin Laden had something to do with the US government in the first place). I'm not sure but since ATS is a consipracy site there should be threads here about it.

One evidence from another site is that the tape about bin Laden praising the 9/11 attacks seemed to be faked, because the bin Laden in the tape was really fat compared to his normal videos.

This can be sort of an IQ testing question. Which one does not belong in the group?
A? B? C? D? or E?

If you guessed E, you're correct. That's the one that appeared in the Bin Laden tape after 9/11 attacks. He's chubby and dark and his moustashe looks wierd. Probably an imposter.

This is the story about how the tape was obtained
www.pbs.org...
It said

The tape bore a label indicating it was made on November 9. Administration officials wouldn't reveal exactly how or when they got it, except to say it was found in a house in Jalalabad after anti-Taliban forces moved in. The US Government translated the Arabic conversation and provided subtitles.

They wouldn't admit how they got the tape. Plus, found in a house in Jalalabad... whose house is it? If it's the house of someone connected with bin Laden should they not give some info?

Anyway this is a bit off topic. There should be threads on ATS that discuss purely on this.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
yeah bodrul the SAS help trained the muj in Afghanistan as well, i guess the UK was involve as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Look if you hadn't guessed by now, theres alot more to 9/11 than meets the eye. Please do not judge a book by its cover.

IE: The owner of the WTC admits to "pulling" WTC7 but in the FEMA reports the building fell because of fires (there was only two offices on fire). So whos telling the truth??? This is just one of many irregularities to do with 911.

I am truly, truly Sorry for anyone that has lost a life or has been affected by terrorism including but not limited to 911, spain train bombing and any other terrorist attack(s).

In the old Soviet Union and its satellite states in eastern Europe, government controlled the media. Nothing of substance could be published without the prior approval of the Communist party commissars. Yet today, in the United States in particular, the situation is broadly similar although most people are blissfully unaware of it. In the US, for example, it is a select handful of super-rich and tightly knit financial interests who own the big media outlets. ABC, CBS, NBC, Time, Newsweek, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, the Chicago Tribune along with numerous regional newspapers, radio and television outlets. The big names include David Rockefeller, Edgar Bronfman, Rupert Murdoch, and Conrad Black. Big media can effectively control government by deciding who and what it will or won’t support. In the UK, Murdoch owns the Times and the Sun and Black the Daily Telegraph.

Call me paranoid but I think anyone would like to see this information.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Lets get back on topic, this is not about the 9/11 conspiracys gosh your so annoying!
Oh yeah to get back on topic here is some more threats I came up with, the threats of Unmanned subs. Well they could attack our principal shipping ports, yeah I know its a while off. Also ya know how their are devices that can locate mini cameras? Well maybe we can use something like that to find the mini UAVS, also maybe we could have a special jamming device on buildings that could jam the signal directing the UAV? What do you think? I think it would cost a lot money but I thing it should definetly be starting to invest in these kinda things.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
Lets get back on topic, this is not about the 9/11 conspiracys gosh your so annoying!
Oh yeah to get back on topic here is some more threats I came up with, the threats of Unmanned subs. Well they could attack our principal shipping ports, yeah I know its a while off. Also ya know how their are devices that can locate mini cameras? Well maybe we can use something like that to find the mini UAVS, also maybe we could have a special jamming device on buildings that could jam the signal directing the UAV? What do you think? I think it would cost a lot money but I thing it should definetly be starting to invest in these kinda things.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by blue cell]

I was not theorizing I was proving the irregularities.

Why do terrorists want to attack you???

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas

I was not theorizing I was proving the irregularities.

Why do terrorists want to attack you???

I don't really want to get into this argument as I said its not about that. But I'll just say this I think they want to attack us because were in least in some ways a christian nation. Keep in mind I'm talking about the islamic extremists don't want to offend anybody. The US spearhead some of the largest outreaches in the world our missionaries and teachings have enfluenced so many people. David Yongi Cho for instance he has a 800,000 member church. Now if you want to ask me more questions U2 me!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
We need one of these.

www.raytheon.com...

And then you need to buy some anti air weapons assets and maybe a fire control system to integrate it all.

No idea how good these radars are. Hopefully someone makes radars advanced enough to detect something as small as a model airplane.

My local police department uses UAV's all the time. I can hear them buzzing by the house all the time. They are little with camera domes underneath the front of them. Maybe 5 feet long.

I want one. I want a helicopter though.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I dont see the tactical advantage to terrorists offered by unmanned vehicles. I mean regular RC vehicles are expensive let alone some custom designed infernal machine designed to kill people. Terrorist follow the rules of K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) the more complicated something is the less likely it is to work. Having your over complicated scheme to kill westerners fall apart because of a burned out circuit board or a blocked frequency when you could have just set off a bomb or sent a suicide squad is something terrorists try to avoid.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I dont know about you but I find it tactially smarter to attack something with a UAV then using my own selff.

Hypothetical situation. Police aggravate me. I want to get even. The police station in my town is a few miles away. I have gone crazy and it is war.

My police department uses all kinds of UAVs and monitoring system to guard the town. This I know. If I did drive a suicide car bomb through the front door of the police station I would likely get caught placing the bomb, maybe.

If I build a lowcost model airplane that can carry 20 pounds of explosive I could fly it from my property into the police station. They may or may not have RADAR in the town itself, so there is a slight chance that I could get the UAV to target without the police even knowing.

I could control it through commerically available radio system, I only need
a few miles range. I could put a camera on it and control it from the picture on the camera. I could fly it into somewhere where it would likely destroy something, maybe a police officer changing shifts or something.

So UAV's do have a huge advantage as far as I can see.

But then maybe NSA will have recorded the incident. I am not sure. 9/11 would of been a total dump on the US government if they had this capability.

My first attempt myself would be to build a guided missile or UAV if I wanted to blow something up.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Obfuscate]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   

yeah bodrul the SAS help trained the muj in Afghanistan as well, i guess the UK was involve as well.

and i thought the US was the main supplier of arms ( which later was used on its self ) and money

didnt they also provide most of the training

better get back to topic now

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

UAV, I have put the U in bold for a reason, it means unmanned, aka it doesn't need a pilot to fly it or control it, so I don't see how those "good" jammers are going to do, also westpoint please don't be so vague, I would appreciate some links on the jammers you speak out, you are correct if it was a RC UAV then yes a common stand off jammer would do it but you can download software from the net that can control your RC plane hands off, it isn't hard.

The U means that there is no person in the actual plane not that one is not controlling the plane.
Also where are the terrorist going to get military grade UAV’s from?, I don't think you can program commercial RC planes form the net.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Westpoint,

Looking at the modern UAV's that are popping up, many of them are designed so that they do not require human responses to control or change their flight plan once programmed into it.

Also, why to you mention Military grade UAV's, terrorists wouldn't need a military grade one, all they would need is a scale RC aircraft with a HAL2000 unit which autolevels and then a GPS unit and PIC circuit board which would control the rudder which would allow the aircraft to follow the route programmed into the UAV, then all you need to a means to set off your payload, either a timer for a chemical agent into the air or a contact switch which would set it off on impact.

You can program commercial RC planes from the net, I myself do it for taking wildlife pictures
hey what can I say, I have a human side

It is easy if you have the money, but the thing is I frankly think its going just beyond paranoid at the moment, as RC aircraft don't hold the payload to make an effective weapon nor do I see some tangos developing a air vehicle, worth 100,000.00 when they could use a bus or standard cessna etc

Terrorists like KISS.

- Phil

Sorry, forgot to add links
www.uavforum.com...

[edit on 14-4-2005 by gooseuk]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't personally feel at risk from RC planes but I can understand why people would think they are a threat. Anyway a RC plane might kill some people and cause some damage but it would not cause extensive damage like the terrorist want.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Actually programming a RUC wouldnt be that hard if you had the gear, hell any computer colledge grad could propably do it for you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join