It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles: Saskatchewan boonies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
First off id like to post this excellent page on a circle in saskatchewan.

www.cccrn.ca...

I have a little story to go with this. I live very near this area, id like to provide you with some further information on this case.

Wadena Sask. only has 1412 people. This is a small farming community and area. The farmer involved wanted nothing to do with publicity.

One thing that I found interesting about the case was that it was off the main roads. Wadena is actually the closest town, not actually where the event took place. To get to this circle one has to travel down backroads etc.

Looking at the photos you can clearly see what I mean. If this truly is a hoax, it would be by someone locally in the area, as I dont think anyone hoaxing from anywhere else would choose this location or time of year.

Last year was horrible for farming, as you can see, the field doesnt exactlly make for much of a spot to make a circle, so why make one there?

I just found this case interesting, one, because its so close to me, and two because its a horrible place to put a cirlce. Why hoax a cirlce in a crappy pasture grass, low standing wheat field? Plus during that time it was extremly wet. A hoaxer would have left prints in the wet field, yet there were none.

It was an interesting time to live in the boonies.

Anyone interested in crop circles, check out saskatchewan.. hotbed for canadian activity.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
not a circle, but some neat science behind this scene.

www.cccrn.ca...

From the page:

On top of a small slight hill near the centre of the wheat field. Plants inside the patches dehydrated looking, some shriveled down to almost nothing and others seemingly missing altogether. Shrub-like pigweed plants in the patches (and widespread in the field) also dehydrated and stripped of leaves, with the ends of some branches "cut off" at about a 45 degree angle and holes in their lower stalks (akin to ruptured nodes in crop formations?). Wheat plants everywhere in the field overall in poor condition, pale and stunted from drought conditions, except around the outside edges of the patches where they were taller, lusher and healthier; colour difference between them and the rest of the field quite noticeable.

neat

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The weirdest one.

www.cccrn.ca...

contained a dead animal in one of the circles.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Were there any sightings around the time they were formed?
Did any investigators come out to the site?

To bad for the porcupine. That's called being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

We had an interesting crop circle in Hillsboro, Ohio. It's interesting because it was formed in a soybean field, where I think there were only ten cases were ever reported.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is something in soybeans

www.cccrn.ca...

About sightings, I cant remember anything being said. The case was reported on the local news, but I dont remember any sightings of anything reported around the time.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Wow some of those are simply astonishing. My favorite is the four interlocking circles in Grand Bend, Ontario. It looks similar to the flower of life. Another good one is the "pictogram" of four circles, rings and curving "hooks".

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Update on the Wadena crop cirlce.

A reported craft sighting near the area !

very cool

www.nwsurc.com...

The night of the severe killing frost in Saskatchewan last summer was one I will remember. The sun was just setting and I was taking a stroll in the little town called Canora (60 miles east Wadena). ( I don't live there but I was doing some work in the area)

There was an unusual light in the sky. It looked like an evening star but there was too much light for it to be an evening star. I looked at it through my binoculars and it was moving! The reason I knew it was moving was that there was a tree line also within the sights of my binoculars. A few weeks later I hear on the radio that some crop circles was reported around Wadena.

Back home in Moose Jaw on Oct.9 I was a few miles out of town taking some beautiful pictures of the sunset...and guess what?...that same light was in the sky, on the setting horizon.I took a picture of it but it is very faint to see in the developed film. Anyway I find out the next week that some crop circles have been found around Moose Jaw and Assiniboia, Although I now understand that they were reported on Oct 6 and 7.

new topics

top topics

join