It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Biohazard Kit!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Biohazard Kit, In Stock and On Clearance

I stumbled upon this while looking for home decor online. Am I supposed to purchase this? I mean...Wal-Mart sells every wholesome item known to man (more like wo-man). I never would have thought that they'd
have "Home Guard Kits." I clicked it expecting to find mace, a fire ladder, a bucknife.

This is sick!

Dot.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I dont think its a biohazard kit or if it has anything to do with anything biohazard. I heard they made them for emergency situations such as if your power goes out you have a flashlight or if you are stuck somewhere i guess you can use the below to survive, believe it or not many people have purchased this item and i would too.

"Be ready for almost any emergency with The Ready Kit. Equips one person with over 20 critical items for use up to 72 hours. Includes: food and water, an AM/FM radio, flashlight, batteries, rubber gloves, a biohazard bag, first aid kit and more- all conveniently stored in an orange Home Guard nylon backpack"

Home Guard Ready Kit Contents:

Food and water with 5-year shelf life
AM/FM radio (with 4 "AA" batteries)
Flashlight (with 4 "D" batteries)
Rubber gloves
Biohazard bag
Utility wrench
N95 dust mask
Emergency whistle
First aid kit
Duct tape and home guard barrier sheeting (for use in a safety room)
Packaged in a convenient orange nylon backpack

They also came out with a Home Guard Ready Kit Plus

"Designed for one person for 72 hours during a disaster, the Ready Kit Plus includes over 20 critical emergency items: food and water with 5-year shelf life, AM/FM radio, flashlight, rubber gloves, a biohazard bag, utility wrench, first aid kit and more. Plus, additional safety equipment includes leather safety gloves, a glow stick, emergency blanket and rain poncho."

Kit Includes:
Food and water with 5-year shelf life
AM/FM radio
Flashlight
Rubber gloves
Biohazard bag
Utility wrench
N95 dust mask
Emergency whistle
First aid kit
Duct tape and barrier sheeting for use in a safety room (packaged in a convenient nylon backpack)
Leather safety gloves
Glow stick
Emergency blanket
50 ml bottle (for bleach)
Rain Poncho
2-gallon water bag and safety cutter

[edit on 12-4-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I dont think thats a Biohazard kit, most biohazard kits are pretty bulky and couldnt fit in that little kiddy bag.

They've been selling that kind of stuff for years, I have one in my car, aswell as my mom and my lil sis.

Edit: you have the link now..thanx

[edit on 12/4/2005 by SportyMB]

[edit on 12/4/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
I dont think thats a Biohazard kit, most biohazard kits are pretty bulky and couldnt fit in that little kiddy bag.

Like i said its not a biohazard kit.. and the link for both ishere

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Damn neat actually...how much do they go for?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan

Like i said its not a biohazard kit.. and the link for both ishere

When I started to reply you didnt reply yet...I got side tracked with some other stuff....Didnt mean to double what you said..

thanx for the good link

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Damn neat actually...how much do they go for?

Gaz the reg kit is on clearance for $24.00 and the extra kit with more stuff is $37.00 its a neat idea i might go and get myself one. Check the link i put in the thread gaz

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

When I started to reply you didnt reply yet...I got side tracked with some other stuff....Didnt mean to double what you said..
thanx for the good link

Its no problem didnt want to sound like i was jumping on you, and thanks.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i am haveing problems with some links. any chance of posting what it is equiped with? price?

actualy it is not a bad idea to have for any emergincy, (of course depending on what is in it). just like it is always a good idea to carry an emergincy auto kit. you never know what can happen.

just look at the major blackout a couple of years ago. (amusingly i was camping in an uneffected area at the time). while there was no major panic here people were not prepared. people bought power generators, but could not even get gas to use them. many found themselves in bad situations, like running out of gas far from home, not haveing food on hand, no candles, ( i am amazed that a lot of homes din't burn down from candle use lol), no way to cook (a cheap camping stove would have made lives a lot easyer with fuel).

i just watced the program on the super volcano in yellowstone park the other night. first thought that ocured to me is a simple dust mask would have made things much easyer than chokeing on that dust (5 for a couple of bucks). being prepared is the best way to surviveing.

i went to an outdoors camp when i was younger. now we oviously couldn't be instructed on how to perform stitches, but since i needed some at the camp hospital the doctor talked about just what he was doing and pointed out that in a pinch you could use fishing line. our canoue trips went way off into the wilderness, and the only way to save someone would be to patch them up as best as we could then send the fastest people out ahead of the rest of us. we all knew that WE were someones only chance of survival should the worst happen. we all took our first aid, campcraft and canoue skills verry seriously. if needed most of us were prepared to survive with very little, and what one person might lack others could make up for.

one year my sister's group went up to the barrens,(she was not there that year due to being engaged). they were 2 weeks overdue. they had a major search up and running, every airplane was out searching for them. now these were not kids but about 18-19 years old and very experianced. my parrents went to pick them up after they got found and got bussed to winipeg. so i heard the horrer story right from them.

what happened? wind. there being no trees there was nothing to cut the wind. i was told it sounded like a major rainstorm inside the tents, it was just the bugs being blown into them. they were stuck, they tried to continue on but were not able to make headway either by water or by walking. you must remember that trying to walk meant multiple trips as there is much gear like the canous that must be carried. they had to tie everything in place and weight it down. the wind lasted over a week and a half. whenever the wind died down they moved a bit farther. they managed to see the search planes but where not seen in turn.

they were finaly found after they had rationed out the last of the bacon grease. they had food dropped to them and were finaly able to get picked up. it was an ordeal that they will always remember. even though they were trained at survival it was still hard going. they were as prepared as was available at the time. (no sat phones no good lightweight raidioes, and aparently flares were useless in the wind).in all honesty if they didn't carry extra food and trained at survival they probably would not have made it. as it was aparently a couple ended up in a mental ward for awile. all they had was their training and perseverance. the moral: ALWAYS prepare as best you can, know what to do in an emergincy. then tough it out as best you can. you might be able to survive. there is never a definate to anything.

i think the boy scout motto says it well. BE PREPARED. you never know what can happen or when. haveing an emergincy kit can only increase you chances of survival. but do not forget only the knowing of how to survive will help in the end.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wal-Mart's team of sociologists believe that one should visit their local Wal-Mart, so that you can put $129.34 worth of non-essential-essentials into your cart on your way to the register.

The reason I coined it a Biohazard kit is because it contains the following:
*Food and Water with a 5-year Shelf Life*What emergency requires a five year shelf life?

*A Biohazard Bag* I sincerely doubt that diabetics and needle-users will be worrying about their needles and/or razors during an emergency. Or is this possibly for human waste in general?

*dust mask* I sanded drywall for a year, and used to go through three of these per day. They were useless.

*Rubber gloves* Why?

*Duct Tape and Guard Barrier Sheeting, "For Use in a Safety Room"* Obviously not designed for domestic violence, intruders, etc.

This is not your run-of-the mill home safety kit, IMVHO.
Dot.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
i am haveing problems with some links. any chance of posting what it is equiped with? price?

Already did that heh, check my first and second posts the first post will tell you what each has and the second post will provide a link but since you said your having problems with the links i will post a picture of them both with a price. If you want you can get them on walmarts site by searching
Home Guard kit in the sports section, home this helps

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Can someone tell me why this is in E&M?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
All the teachers at my school recieved a kit like that not to long ago. And every time say the fire alarm goes off they have to go grab it and take it the assembly area. Their pretty neato, but their no bio-hazard kit.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Most of us in FL already have most of this in our Hurricane kits though (especially after last year). I suppose the idea of sheeting and duct tape isn't really ALL that bad. Water tabs are pretty cheap to pick up, and most canned food will last for years, so no biggie...

Can someone tell me why this is in E&M?

Yep, needs to go in Earth Matters...or War on Terror...

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Education & Media
Dicussion of methods of thought control and double speak.
moderators: intrepid, observer, DJDOHBOY, Pantha,

My belief is that the point of this kit is to condition Americans in believing that we are constantly on the brink of being attacked.

As Wal-Mart is a national monopoly, I conclude that they are a source of media. I'm not comparing them to a news network, but monopolies' direct and inderect advertising affect social trends.

Dot.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Yep, needs to go in Earth Matters...or War on Terror...

Or General Chit Chat in bts

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Kinda think that you're jumping the gun with the whole "Wal Mart is trying to make us think we're always facing danger." The government does a much better job of getting that point across.

This is just a home emergency kit, you can find them anywhere. There's nothing wrong with it, it's actually a good thing. It's for a natural disaster or something. If it was labeled "Nuclear/Chemical Attack Survival Kit" I would be more inclined to agree with your idea, but as it is. No.

And the food/water with a 5 year shelf life is because this thing will most likely just sit around in your basement for a long time, so the food shouldn't spoil. It doesn't mean anything like you'll have to be using the kit for 5 years or whatever.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Faisca]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Fragile Earth then?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
or you can delete it if you like.

probably just another episode.

Dot.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
or you can delete it if you like.

probably just another episode.

Dot.

Why? I was just looking for a consencus.

Screw it, I'll just do it.

Fragile Earth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join