It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shout out to England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hey its 'The Drifter' here.

Just a question really, do you think it would be possible to start a magazine/newspaper that denies ignorance in the UK?

One of those quircky magazines with info on topics like aliens and that flipping HAARP thing they've got messing with the earth like they know what they're doing.

(Don't like HAARP)

A pirate radio station would get shut down but a monthly magazine would be way cool and somethings needed to counteract the rubbish sex - drugs & money stories we're bombarded with constantly.

Does anyone (internationally) think it would work here in England? We are normally denied such informative stuff (except on here) but I'm not sure anyones tried this yet... free UFO sighting CDs, cuddly sasquatch toys and mind controlling lizard figurines would boost its popularity.

I mean, do you think the Mi5 would drag it down like a hot sack of irish potatoes or would it be cool if we toe tread a bit like the americans are allowed to?

(I'm sure theres magazines like that in America)

Peace
An Entity/The Drifter

[edit on 12-4-2005 by An Entity]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i think the 'fortean times' already covers that market. i haven't seen it for several years so i don't know if they have given any freebies away with their issues.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Nexus the australian magazine which covers many topics like that is available in the uk. If you find it difficult to buy at your local newsagent is available on subscription its out every two months. You can also find a shorter version on the internet. Its a great magazine.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yeah, they look pretty cool, they've got that, ''we know people in national georaphic'' type of thing going on.

I've never heard of either two until now... I'm sure theres space for a more in-touch magazine that gives free soft sasquatches and UFO cds.

It'd work, I'd place money on it.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by An Entity]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think we could do with something like that in the UK

But can't help thinking we would be helping with the disclosure so they
probably would close it down

Never mind the land of the free ay !!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hmmm, I think its all about how far you push.

I can picture how it'd work but I don't tend to go into detail on forums, next thing I know I'm hearing adverts. lol.

It'd have to moderate and thought provoking, in such a way that anyone can pick it up, and what is the disclosure? Last I heard it was a 'financial information' company that helps people find the right providers, unsecure loans and such...

Ah! The disclosure I get you; the speech act of making something evident.

I'm stupid today, thriving off of coffee and a MJ buzz. I ws hoping that the UK gov were being more lienient but I can see a subject being touched upon that shouldn't and it being made out to be a big thing just to drag it down...

DODGY MAGAZINE EDITOR STALKS QUEEN FOR DAYS BEFORE TAKING PHOTO!

And thats it... I mean they're that skilled they could well make a story out of that headline alone, using 'contacts' as wittnesses and finding the worst drunken picture of the guy to end his career and close the magazine down.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by An Entity]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Here is the link for Nexus

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm wondering if I'm the only one that noticed, but this is really the wrong forum for this kind of thread, don't you think?

[edit on 17-4-2005 by JadeRio]

top topics

join