It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security memo reveals terrorism records are being sanitized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This was a very interesting article I read online that indicated that the ICE run by the DHS is altering records to make them seem terrorist related when they reall are not. Why? Well, the article explains it better than I can.

Homeland Security memo reveals terrorism records are being sanitized
By Bill Conroy,
Posted on Thu Apr 7th, 2005 at 11:23:29 PM EST
A memo leaked to Narco News by some brave soul within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) offers a revealing insight into the so-called war on terrorism. In short, the memo seems to show that for at least one federal law-enforcement agency, investigating terrorism is not unlike the childhood game of “Duck, Duck, Goose.”

The memo, issued on March 28 by a high-ranking official with DHS’ Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE), essentially orders supervisors in the field to sanitize terrorism-related case files maintained in a major law-enforcement computer system called TECS. All told, TECS contains about 12,000 terrorism-related “records,” of which about 4,000 have been generated by ICE, according to the memo.

ICE supervisors, per the memo’s instructions, are to "modify or remove all ICE-generated TECS records designated as ‘terrorist.’”

In other words, the memo instructs ICE supervisors to ensure that if they come across a goose in the game of find-the-terrorist, then they should call it a duck.

narcosphere.narconews.com...

It's amazing that when any criticism of the government comes up, they will try to spin it to try and maintain their innocence.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by mrmulder]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's actually a lot simpler than you'd think...If they find a goose, they can turn it into a duck. In other words, even if they arrested an innocent civilian by mistake, they can easily make their actions (whether it be torture, persuasion or whatever) "legal" by simply revoking that person's citizenship...Thereby claiming that this person has no legal Rights at all. They can then do anything they want to him/her.

I can't say, because I don't know, whether this has been done to anybody yet but it's something I wouldn't put beyond their "power" to do.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yeah, the powers that be can label someone a terrorist - or use the Patriot Act against them by suggesting they have terrorist ties. Once the media gets a hold of it, you're screwed.

Beam me up, Scottie!

join