It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Triangles Explained?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This article from space.com appears to explain what "black triangles" are and where they are from. Quite a discovery. I think it explains it all pretty well and lays to rest a mystery that has challenged ufologists since the mid 80s.

Big Black Deltas=black triangles.

NIDS makes the case that Big Black Deltas, or BBDs, are U.S. Defense Department airships. They are so large they can carry massive payloads at low altitudes, cruising at speeds three to five times as fast as surface ships.

Among a range of NIDS observations, the group believes the BBDs are powered by electrokinetic/field drives, or airborne nuclear power units. These craft also fly at extreme altitudes, high above conventional aircraft and the pulsing of ground-based traffic control radar.

Elecrokinetic propulsion means that no propellers or jets are used. A hybrid lighter-than-air craft would rely on aerostatic, lift gas, like a balloon. No helicopter-like downwash would be produced. Except for a slight humming from high-voltage control equipment -- and in older BBD versions an occasional coronal discharge -- a Big Black Delta makes no noise.

Full article on Space.com

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Stealth Blimp of 1982 taken from the article...hmph

And the proposed 'Black Triangle'

Estimated to be 600 feet long and 300 feet wide. It just doesn't look like the Black Triangle footage that we've come to known over the years.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
But they aren't actaul photos, just a drawing and a comp generation (well, by the looks of them) and the chances are there are more than one type of these craft.

Other discriptions of it are spot on. The low hum for example, the energy discharge in earlier models, it seems to fit.

The article shouldn't be judged by just some flimsy pictures. It still gives the best explantion for these "Black triangles" that i have seen.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by shorty]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Why make this statement now? Why not during the Dan Rather special. You'd think that Dan Rather's team would have learned about this craft during their year long investegation, and put it up as a reasonable explaination for the triangle sightings they discussed in great detail during the show.

I don't disbelieve that the military has this kind of craft, but I think that it is just evidence of reverse engineering, IMO.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I don't disbelieve that the military has this kind of craft, but I think that it is just evidence of reverse engineering, IMO.

This seems unlikely.IMO

Saucers have been spotted all over the world. Triangles are not as frequetly spotted in as many varieties of countries as saucers. Why would aliens come just to check out a few countries?

It is extremely rear for an abductee to report seeing a triangular ufo. So if they aren't abducting people for possible genetic purposes what area they doing here? They seem to have no purpose if they are E.T in orgin.

Maybe the engine of the craft was back engineered but i doubt the whole craft was. There is little evidence that surgests that an alien race flies about in triangulars.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The stealth blimp is blatant disinfo.

We all saw the pictures, we all heard the rumors, that's just the cover, so they have something which they can explain the sightings with...

Nothing explains the incredible speed they can move at, and what the hell are those lights for?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Maybe the engine of the craft was back engineered but i doubt the whole craft was. There is little evidence that surgests that an alien race flies about in triangulars.

Well, that's all relative IMO. There is evidence to support both occurrences.

'Flying Triangle' sightings on the rise

Triangular UFO Sightings and Air Force Air Mobility Command Bases

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Nothing explains the incredible speed they can move at, and what the hell are those lights for?

Its the worlds most expensive disco ball.

Anyway, I dont think it explains them... I the US had these HUGE blimps, someone would have seen them. I mean, a 600 foot ship is pretty hard to hide... I think its all wishfull thinking.

And of course, the small black triangles are clearly speedy aircrafts, not blimps.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You'd think that Dan Rather's team would have learned about this craft during their year long investegation,

Just as an aside, Dan Rather's team concluded Roswell was a "myth" after a so called year long investigation, so it's kind of hard to put much stock into anything aired during that special...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

You'd think that Dan Rather's team would have learned about this craft during their year long investegation,

Just as an aside, Dan Rather's team concluded Roswell was a "myth" after a so called year long investigation, so it's kind of hard to put much stock into anything aired during that special...

Excellent point!

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Don't you guys mean Peter Jennings?

I agree, if these large triangle blimps existed and were being used, we would have photos. Niether picture looks anything like the Belgian triangle.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The US does have huge black triangle airships, TR3B what ever you want to call it, and yes there is a huge amount of dis-info on the subject purposely put out there by the goverment agents to keep the real mission a secret.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

the US had these HUGE blimps, someone would have seen them. I mean, a 600 foot ship is pretty hard to hide.

And of course, the small black triangles are clearly speedy aircrafts, not blimps

Um, someone did see them. Your computer mouse ain't a mouse but it's still called a mouse.

What else could you call it? A plane? It would hardly fit the dicrption really. A helicoptor? They usualy have large prepellers on the top.

I think its all wishfull thinking.

Wouldn't it be more wishful for me to try and proove that these things are from outer space? Surely it would.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

I agree, if these large triangle blimps existed and were being used, we would have photos. Niether picture looks anything like the Belgian triangle.

Ya, I meant Peter Jennings...oops

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Maybe there giant military aurports, floating high in the sky, it would be safer for them to test secret planes and craft from a skyhigh airport.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Sorry, I get the two liars confused now...

You are correct sir!

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty

the US had these HUGE blimps, someone would have seen them. I mean, a 600 foot ship is pretty hard to hide.

And of course, the small black triangles are clearly speedy aircrafts, not blimps

Um, someone did see them. Your computer mouse ain't a mouse but it's still called a mouse.

What else could you call it? A plane? It would hardly fit the dicrption really. A helicoptor? They usualy have large prepellers on the top.

I dont know about your definition of blimp, but dictionary.com states "a nonrigid, buoyant airship".

Whatever the black triangles are, they are not nonrigid airships.

I call them aircrafts because most seem to behave like aircrafts, not airships (its not like they are floating gently in the sky, and if they do they tend to... dissapear...). Possibly helicopters, but then I'd like to call them advanced VTOL aircrafts instead

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They have been decribed as "hanging" in the sky. Which could be similar to airships.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

They have been decribed as "hanging" in the sky. Which could be similar to airships.

Aye, but cant a VTOL "hang" too?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Aye, but cant a VTOL "hang" too?

At very low altitude. VTOL uses thrust vectored downward that is aimed at the Earth. VTOL aircraft can't hover at altitude like helos do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join